Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

stu_1992

Crazy money for him but fair play to Brighton. I thought it might max out at around 80 million but to be fair they have stuck to their guns. Didn't expect to be Liverpool to pay it.

OverratedOpinion

Crazy money for him but fair play to Brighton. I thought it might max out at around 80 million but to be fair they have stuck to their guns. Didn't expect to be Liverpool to pay it.
It's the great thing about them being in a strong position and having made so much off transfers over the last couple of years.

Some clubs say they don't need to sell unless they get their asking price but Brighton really, genuienly don't need to sell.

Traub

Brighton probably cannot believe their luck. He’s a very very good player but feck me this is Neymar level money for a midfielder who has never had the pressure of playing for a big club. Massive massive gamble

RuudTom83

So, 165 million for mr.Hove and mr.Albion, the midfield duo from the south.

Gotta hand it to Brighton, that's some serious gourmet shit.
Crazy isn't it!

If West Ham sell Paqueta it will be just as mad, if not more so...you'd never of thought West Ham were fielding a £200 million midfield duo every week in Rice and Paqueta.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Yeah the tweet I posted includes part of today’s quote. It’s why I posted it :D

The full quote is actually fair enough. In the end they’ve got Caicedo and he improves them immensely. The noise about the money will just be noise.
Sorry, I'm still trying to wake up this morning :)

I'm excited for this new season. Liverpool, Chelsea, United all looking stronger. Arsenal and Newcastle have strengthened as well from their already solid base. City are still cnuts. Like you say, the whole money thing isn't going to matter come next April when everyone, regardless of the team they support, is having mini heart attacks just counting down the points on the table to see who makes Top 4.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I almost feel like last year of contracts situations are becoming more and more irrelevant though. Look at Kane, Rice and Mount in this window.. they all still went for quite a decent amount, I don’t think it matters as much as it used to anymore.

Caicedo is the better player for sure.. but after having 1 good season £110m is just a mad amount of money. Great deal for Brighton though.. De Zerbi can build a very good team with that.
110 is a huge amount and certainly softens the blow of losing him!

m1tch

Is Simon Stone a Liverpool fan? :lol:

Yeah big lesson for Chelsea here .... If you want your bid accepted it has to be high enough to meet the selling club's valuation of the player.

Can't expect every club to know this, it's the sort of know how that's hard to come by.

IRELANDUNITED

The concern for Liverpool is the fact that at 21 years old he is unlikely to spend the rest of his career with them. Like most South American’s that have played for Liverpool he’ll probably have a desire to play in Spain in a few years time. They’ll probably be able to recoup a lot of the 130m they’ve spent on him, though.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It could be 10 seasons at £11 million per season. I'll put money on him scoring lots of goals as well. His speed over 6 yards is the difference. Larceny buy.
Again, that’s never how football works. The likelihood of him staying at Liverpool for 10 seasons is remarkably low.

AFC NimbleThumb

Brighton's midfield was dramatically better than ours when they beat us last season.
Yes they were but did that translate into a higher league finish? Besting our midfield is not a particularly high barometer, or at least it certainly wasn’t in recent years.

IRELANDUNITED

Is Simon Stone a Liverpool fan? :lol:

A real lesson indeed, the lesson being if you want a player bid over twice what he’s actually worth :lol:

The reality is Liverpool have had their pants pulled down, they were rejected by their number 1 target and now are panic buying a guy who’s had 1 decent season in England.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Glad we aren't getting him. I want nowt to do with Brighton players or managers anymore.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Yes they were but did that translate into a higher league finish? Besting our midfield is not a particularly high barometer, or at least it certainly wasn’t in recent years.
We are a fair bit better in other departments.

cyberman

The concern for Liverpool is the fact that at 21 years old he is unlikely to spend the rest of his career with them. Like most South American’s that have played for Liverpool he’ll probably have a desire to play in Spain in a few years time. They’ll probably be able to recoup a lot of the 130m they’ve spent on him, though.
I honestly think the price is too high for that. 111m and a sell on clause?
What happens if Madrid want him, player wants to leave but they only offer 80m?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
That's not a concern. It means he's been a success.

OverratedOpinion

Glad we aren't getting him. I want nowt to do with Brighton players or managers anymore.
I think this is a very fair sentiment tbh.

Brighton are so well run and managed that they perform better than the sum of their parts. It is a real possibility that players won't look quite as good elsewhere.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
At what point does this leave the realms of good business and becomes a dick-swinging ego contest?

GregM40

Great player, can't believe we didn't buy him when we had the chance for cheap. £111 million is mad money but I think this guy is better than Rice, Liverpool basically nicked (no pun intended) Brighton's midfield.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He is the player he is because of playing time and likely other factors like the manager's belief in him and by playing in a properly organised team. The play time is not something he would get here.
I think he would. His quality would've shined through.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
At what point does this leave the realms of good business and becomes a dick-swinging ego contest?
For Chelsea, it's always this. Offering £115M now would honestly be more embarrassing than if we just briefed we're walking away last night after being gazumped, even if we end up with Caicedo. This is crazy.

lysglimt

Scout
I just hope whoever made the decision not to sign Caicedo for £5 million or whatever is - isn't at the club anymore. I don't care who the guilty person was, he just shouldn't be anywhere near a footballclub.

Status
Not open for further replies.