Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Surely they are not far from Mbappé money, they should give it a go.
It would be the end of the Caf if that happened :lol: Guessing his wages would be too much though and he only seems to want Real anyway.

Can't deny that this saga hurts, and doesn't put us in a great light. How the feck are we negotiating with a club about a player who we don't even know wants to join us yet? Seems like a waste of time and effort. But fair enough, if he doesn't want to be at Liverpool we should just leave it at that and look elsewhere, the worst possible outcome is signing a player for £111m whose sole objective/interest seems to be money.

vodrake

A bunch of self smug articles about how Liverpool outmaneuvered Chelsea to the signing are very quickly going to get scrubbed from the internet :lol:

Marauder1

Supports
Ex Liverpool.Football Agnostic
Liverpool bid was accepted but the player rejected them. The question is whether he rejected Liverpool or rejected their current contract offer.
oh i see, popcorn time :lol:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Despite the uuming and aahing, the price was set way, way back and only further cemented by the Rice sale. Nobody was obligated to indulge or engage, and yet here we are, the most ridiculous saga unfolding before our eyes.

If there are 'plenty of other Caicedos to pick from' why is everyone honed in on this one, for an eye-watering amount of money?
'everyone' isn't honed in on this one player...two clubs are, and one of them were in talks for another player who plays in the same position and the other clubs main target wanted to go elsewhere.

Both clubs wanted other targets, they've had all window to get what they need and haven't, so they are now in desperation phase and they know the price for Caicedo and know he wants to leave.

Funny how when United pay over the odds for someone, that player is seen as too expensive and not worth the money, yet when other clubs pay well over the odds that player is a world class talent who is one of a kind!

OverratedOpinion

I wouldn't even particularly want him but this is one occasion where I'm really gutted we are cutting back our spending.

If we went and signed him now it would rank incredibly highly on the list of things to banter Liverpool and Chelsea for.

Dyslexic Untied

Two immediate reflections to this:

1) Chelsea are really strengthening.

2) So glad that someone else has taken over our role with regards to looking silly in the summer window.

bstb3

Coutinho went for 250m?
nono, you have to do it at todays exchange rates and allow for inflation too. Its at least €350m by now, and that's before add-ons. Plus if they hadn't taken the Barcelona money they would have sold him to Saudi this season for an additional 100 or so, need to take that into account too. They are still the net spend champions, always will be la.

mav_9me

Can the football live up to this level of entertainment? Maybe we need to cancel the season and stick to the transfer window for the drama.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I was wrong, he is keeping his promise to Chelsea. And it's hurting Liverpool in the process so it's a double positive.

quadrant

Great story. Liverpool have egg on their face and Chelsea have to pay a few extra mill.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Who gives a shit. As long as the scousers don't get Ciacedo it's a good day.

If this means Chelsea are in FFP trouble that's just a bonus...
We shouldn’t be in FFP trouble at all. Everything we did last year is wiped completely off the slate. We were able to spend a ton to fill up a 3 yr avg spend we did t get to use. They deals closed before June 30th went towards that previous cycle as well.

Now it is on a single year basis, and we have brought in a TON just on players… while only having to count a percentage of the initial fee of purchases towards FFP.

Especially if we’re about to really sell Kepa (our top wage earner?), Chalobah and Gallagher … which could all happen.

and a lot of the youth purchases people see seem to get thrown into discussions about FFP, but they shouldnt count at all.

I think they will still buy an Olise/Kudus after this. If they really are going g to listen to Poch and promote Barstow like they did Maatsen I would be super happy.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Brighton are utilising my caf scout reports by targeting a player I mentioned last year.

There is a French guy I know who has been raving about this kid for a long, long time.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It would be the end of the Caf if that happened :lol: Guessing his wages would be too much though and he only seems to want Real anyway.

Can't deny that this saga hurts, and doesn't put us in a great light. How the feck are we negotiating with a club about a player who we don't even know wants to join us yet? Seems like a waste of time and effort. But fair enough, if he doesn't want to be at Liverpool we should just leave it at that and look elsewhere, the worst possible outcome is signing a player for £111m whose sole objective/interest seems to be money.
Currently what is your starting midfield?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I mean... any sort of narrative that ends up calling Antony and Lisandro Martinez anything other than Ten Hag signings is clearly a bullshit narrative, constructed with the purpose of insulting others' intelligence. Come on now.
They're club signings with ten Hag working with the club to sign the players with a view to developing the team towards a proactive attacking play style. And last season there was upheaval with both heads of scouting leaving along with the previous incumbents (Woodward & Judge) which required the head coach to assist with recruitment whilst the new football structure was taking shape.

If you hire a head coach from a major footballing nation, he will sign players he's familiar with because the Dutch, Germans, French, Spanish or even Portuguese coaches will tap into markets they're familiar with due to the quality in those markets. It would be stupid not to.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
We need to sign that guy right now!!
I would actually do that if I were one of your teams. One of the othe players they had in their replacement shortlist was that Leslie Ungochkwa(?) from France and we DID go ahead and buy him now for Strassbourg.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
'everyone' isn't honed in on this one player...two clubs are, and one of them were in talks for another player who plays in the same position and the other clubs main target wanted to go elsewhere.

Both clubs wanted other targets, they've had all window to get what they need and haven't, so they are now in desperation phase and they know the price for Caicedo and know he wants to leave.

Funny how when United pay over the odds for someone, that player is seen as too expensive and not worth the money, yet when other clubs pay well over the odds that player is a world class talent who is one of a kind!
2 from the big 5 is more than we tend to see, and again, if this guy isn't anything special, why are they prepared to pay so much for him? You say desperation, yet Chelsea have been hanging around him since the window opened and that was already with the price sky high according to the regard you're giving the player.

And other targets as in Lavia? Who is going for less than half and is nowhere near as ready for the step up?

I don't know what your last paragraph has to do with what we're talking about. The price for Caicedo was set ages ago and even in this thread, the discussion revolved around if we had enough to enter the race, not whether he was worth that amount.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yeah agreed. Chelsea fans will act like he wanted them over Liverpool as he's proper Chels when in reality he saw the wages and signing on fee and thought I want some of that.
And the 8 years contract.

Alemar

Honestly just sacking our entire scouting department and hijacking every Brighton signing might be the way to go.
But we won’t be able to hijack all playing minutes Brighton also provides. Various Mctominays and VDBs take them

TopDog

Supports
Bolton
Caicedo should sign for Liverpool, he made the right choice. Grand old team, proper club, outstanding manager. Chelsea do not compare in any way.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah agreed. Chelsea fans will act like he wanted them over Liverpool as he's proper Chels when in reality he saw the wages and signing on fee and thought I want some of that.
Of course we will. Just like Liverpool fans would have. We will ignore the wages and the transfer fee while Liverpool fans will cope with ‘they offered more money’. It’s how it works. This is IF we end up with Chelsea. Reverse the above arguments if he goes to Liverpool.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
There is a French guy I know who has been raving about this kid for a long, long time.
Below are my posts from last year about the player.

"There's a youngster at Saint Ettiene who could potentially be that player. He's still 18 but is showing immense potential as a midfielder who can pass comfortably with both feet but also has the physical and athletic capabilities to manage the game against the opponent's transition whilst defending a large space."

"And that player is Lucas Gourna-Douath"

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/declan-rice.446122/page-304#post-29035646

expand...
"Potentially a very good signing for Salzburg who will look to make a tidy profit in the coming years. I think both Lucas Gourna-Douath and Moises Caicedo are two young players to keep an eye on. Caicedo looks to be a player who could develop into a real all-rounder in midfield."

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/tra...-rules-in-the-op.470959/page-31#post-29119211

Status
Not open for further replies.