Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
From what I've read Chelsea if they sign Caicedo for £100m+ will have spent upwards of £900m since last summer.

How the feck are they getting around FFP?

Didn't UEFA close the 8 year contract loophole?
We had a TON of room in our 3 yr average since the the 3 yr average rule was ending last year, and we had been manattung in what we could do in the market at several points.

Then, you have to remember it’s only what you are actually spending and what period it is structured to fall in. It isnot simple amortization. A 100 m player could only cost 20.2 towardsyour FFP cap.. less if you can charge a portion backwards.

NEXT, realize that the new FFP rule is season to season, and the totality of sales can be counted toward that figure immediately, even if all the Jayne to haven’t been received.

People have talked about how much Brighton has made, but are sleeping on us yet again. We made nearly 20m just on the Tino Livrame to deal. Between player sales, Loan fees, and dropping wages off the books… we could show a net profit this window if we don’t charge back some of our sales registered before 6/30 backwards to make sure our average was clear.

Also, some of those players people are counting towards the totals skewing around really do fall under the youth investment, and are not part of the FFP equation.

If they are holding back announcements til they square away Lavia…..

Stop it Chelsea. Enzo plus Caicedo will rule. Adding Kudus or Olise …. Wow. Nkunku coming back would be unbelievable.

Santos and Ungochkwa (?) would be fine deputies if you sell Gallagher. Stop it with the Lavia stuff!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
A sell on clause on a player you’re paying £115M for is genuinely insane.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Rethinking all of this, enzo looks quality and no one talking about his price tag.

This deal is just £100m plus £15m in add on, so it isn't really bad considering he is the type of player Pochettino need.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hell of a midfield for Chelsea that between him and Enzo. They also paid 230m for it and I feel like we'll see some ffp issues comes from it, but seems like the sort of thing they're ok with paying fines for. Joke of a system but there you go

RedStarUnited

Can anyone explain why Chelsea would pay 115 and not the 111 that Liverpool were going to pay? Seems a bit silly doesnt it?

On the flipside, hell of a midfield for Chelsea! the sort of thing we never did after spending so much on Pogba - pay up and get him a great midfield partner!

Chief123

8 year contract! :lol:

I think we know why he wanted Chelsea instead of Liverpool!

Loon

:lol:
Imagine If he comes out and says “as a United fan I couldn’t play for the dippers” he’ll forever get a cheer at OT.

OverratedOpinion

Can anyone explain why Chelsea would pay 115 and not the 111 that Liverpool were going to pay? Seems a bit silly doesnt it?

On the flipside, hell of a midfield for Chelsea! the sort of thing we never did after spending so much on Pogba - pay up and get him a great midfield partner!
Possibly to do with how the deals are structured? I'm not sure how the Liverpool bid was structured.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
A sell on clause for Brighton? Ok … but is guy Ronaldo or something and I was t aware?

Woziak

More importantly how have Brighton got £115m for a £60-70m player and then agreed a sell on clause so if Chelsea sell him for his true value if £75m, Brighton get another £7.5-10m, this is the biggest robbery in football since Liverpool took Barcelona for £134m for Coutinho. You put the kid on an 8 year contract at £200k per week, so the deal is £200m for Chelsea and they can only put it on their books for 5 years due to new Uefa Laws, transfer ban incoming very shortly to Chelsea !

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

The deal from what I read is £100m base, with £15m add on. I can only imagine that incentivized Brighton to accept a deal because they didnt want to accept a lower base than the Liverpool offer. I m not sure, more details will definitely come out on the structure of the deal.

Ekeke

Imagine any match Chelsea have where Enzo and Caicedo dont dominate the ball against their opponents. Expectations will be very high for a £200 million central midfield. Thats some Xavi - Iniesta stuff

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Crazy crazy money. 120m for Enzo and now 115 for this guy.

FujiVice

I've got massive confidence that Chelsea will somehow managed to feck up a midfield of Caicedo and Fernandez. But my God, this is a blow to Liverpool. He'd have been perfect for them and Klopp would have turned him into a special player. Thank God that never happened.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Good. Was genuinely worried about the prospect of him ending up at the Dippers. Chelsea will implode no matter who they have.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Football really is gone in terms of prices. British record sale is a midfielder who was available for 5 million 2 years back. He breaks the record set by another midfielder signed by the same club. This news comes as the same club is about to sign another midfielder for 55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.