Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irrational.

Brighton have sold Caicedo and Mac Allister for £170 million and do not look much worse off as a team :eek:

They have some other awesome prospects in the pipeline such as Ferguson, Mitoma and Enciso yet have no need to sell.

Beautifully well run club.

whitbyviking

Football really is gone in terms of prices. British record sale is a midfielder who was available for 5 million 2 years back. He breaks the record set by another midfielder signed by the same club. This news comes as the same club is about to sign another midfielder for 55 million
Chelsea with a £280m midfield is obscene

Loon

:lol:
Presume his tweet about Liverpool teaching Chelsea a transfer lesson over Caceido, when it looked like they’d won the race
It was the reply using SUCESSION which is without doubt one of the best tweets I’ve seen in many a moon.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So Brighton and West Ham have midfields worth around £400m together.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
He’ll be off to Real in a few years when he’s done building his profile at your club.
As well as we do with getting huge prices for our unwanted players, if we’re buying Caicedo for £115m any bid from Real Madrid for a player we‘d actually want to keep will have to start at least £150m. Which they won’t do.

Zen

Should mean Reece James will be available to join his mate next summer when they have to sell about 8 players for £250m again.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
So Brighton and West Ham have midfields worth around £400m together.
Apparently. Now you're the only sane guy who has seen the robbery without violence perpetrated by Brighton and Westham.
Madness.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Carney really struggled to link things together today. Enzo and Caicedo with Nkunku in front of them would be … amazing

mshnsh

Rethinking all of this, enzo looks quality and no one talking about his price tag.

This deal is just £100m plus £15m in add on, so it isn't really bad considering he is the type of player Pochettino need.
You have a weird affection for Pochettino

Kilmonger

Supports
Chelsea
He’ll be off to Real in a few years when he’s done building his profile at your club.
The same midfield that has Kamavinga, Bellingham, Tchouameni and co? I highly doubt that but okay.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Brighton have sold Caicedo and Mac Allister for £170 million and do not look much worse off as a team :eek:

They have some other awesome prospects in the pipeline such as Ferguson, Mitoma and Enciso yet have no need to sell.

They need reinforcement in midfield. Dahoud should be OK but they won’t get away playing Groß there against sides better than Luton, Gilmour hasn’t been that good and Enciso looks better higher up the pitch. It’s surprising they haven’t brought a Caceido replacement yet.

Baxquux

They need reinforcement in midfield. Dahoud should be OK but they won’t get away playing Groß there against sides better than Luton, Gilmour hasn’t been that good and Enciso looks better higher up the pitch. It’s surprising they haven’t brought a Caceido replacement yet.
They were genuinely linked with McTominay not that long ago... [insert praying.gif]

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Romano leading the way with the news. Where’s all his haters?
Orneson, or whatever his name is, the Liverpool journo who kept quiet throughout this all posted a few hours ago cryptically stating a deal was done. I won't lie I didn't want to believe it and my heart did sink then.

Tap In, despite being the Chelsea arse-to-mouthpiece from the start surprisingly wasn't given this titbit first.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Sell on clause?!
The dippers agreed to a sell on clause so I guess we had to throw it in, Does it really matter on a 9 year contract?

It sounds like we really are going to do this to spite Liverpool

Kilmonger

Supports
Chelsea
Like wtf?! Pay over £110m AND still have to concede a portion of funds if he's sold by Chelsea?

Brighton have played an absolute blinder....and fair play.
To be fair, I imagine a decent portion of that fee is tied to add-ons but we'd be happy to pay them since it would mean success.

TsuWave

Boehly came through with some serious investment. A lot of these guys are some of the most promising players around too. If/once it gels it could be some serious scary stuff.

Some careers will def be derailed though, just due to the sheer number of players signed

Houdini

115+5, sell on and 8+1y contract, What's wrong with these people?

Crimson King

Rethinking all of this, enzo looks quality and no one talking about his price tag.

This deal is just £100m plus £15m in add on, so it isn't really bad considering he is the type of player Pochettino need.
Enzo still looks nowhere near his price tag yet, as far as I'm concerned.

The Irish Connection

Hope it goes tits up for Chelsea. But after a billion spent, I feel they will finally start getting good. Their midfield is now excellent.
Maybe still a bit light in attack though.
Would love if we had owners with their kind of money. It surely can’t be sustainable though.

Perseus

BHA have lost almost all the midfield of Bissouma, Mwepu, Moder, Mac Allister, Caicedo, and looked much too slow v. Luton. Also, the Caceido transfer of £31 million % goes to Ecuador.

RuudTom83

Won’t be answered this season or even the next…but it will be interesting to see if any of the £100+ million midfielders (Enzo, Rice, Caicedo) can actually live up to their price tags.

I’m not even sure if it’s possible, especially for Rice and Caicedo as their roles are limited in what they can bring to a team.

Houdini

Eh? It’s £100m+£15m. The sell on clause will defo be a percentage of the amount above £115m.
You are right but still. Its a record fee. 9years contract? I wonder if they start giving lifetime contracts too.

Status
Not open for further replies.