Moises Caicedo | Chelsea player

Blood Mage

Been completely and utterly average for Chelsea which is honestly a huge shock. He was incredible at Brighton.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Caicedo has the odd brain fart in possession and he can be pretty reckless in the tackle (he’s escaped several clear red cards imo) but he’s actually having a pretty good season. He’s been consistently good after the early season wobble. This thread only gets bumped when he’s either made a mistake or someone thinks he had a poor game.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I don’t think he’s been poor, just nowhere near a 115m player. The same with Enzo really.

Poch’s tactics also put a lot of physical strain on his midfield but injuries have meant very little rotation for these guys.

QuietOn Fortune

I remember alot of people wanted Caicedo over Rice.

Either the 'Overrated English Player' thing isn't true or we all have a bit of Ten Hag within us.

The same thing with John Stones - people were laughing at City buying him and he turns out to be one of their top 3 players.

The fanbase also craved for Sancho and now act like its was somebody else's fault & the fan base act like showing wanting of a player has no ability to push a club to buy that player.

I personally only watch United games - but I do wonder if watching too much football like watching alot of other clubs (people had a loving for Brighton players & now their manager which i simply don't get) may dilute some peoples perception of footballers and football in general.

I'm not scared to admit it - I watch talked about players really only on youtube and more often than not - seeing those players's highlights can easily show their weaknesses & strengths.

Caicedo was someone who looked alright, but never a 100mil player.

QuietOn Fortune

TBF its not a shock given how badly his manager sets up the team. The entire Chelsea squad is being made to look like bad purchases by true managerial incompetence.
It's crazy how people can see this about other teams but can't seem to see it about ourselves.

Alot of the fans pick out the players as the poison when its actually mostly just the managers fault.

Rossa

Either the 'Overrated English Player' thing isn't true or we all have a bit of Ten Hag within us.

The same thing with John Stones - people were laughing at City buying him and he turns out to be one of their top 3 players.

The fanbase also craved for Sancho and now act like its was somebody else's fault & the fan base act like showing wanting of a player has no ability to push a club to buy that player.

I personally only watch United games - but I do wonder if watching too much football like watching alot of other clubs (people had a loving for Brighton players & now their manager which i simply don't get) may dilute some peoples perception of footballers and football in general.

I'm not scared to admit it - I watch talked about players really only on youtube and more often than not - seeing those players's highlights can easily show their weaknesses & strengths.

How on earth is Stones one of City’s top three players?
Rodri, KdB, Silva, Haaland, Foden, Dias and Walker are clearly ahead of him. Arguably not top three defender even.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
It's crazy how people can see this about other teams but can't seem to see it about ourselves.

Alot of the fans pick out the players as the poison when its actually mostly just the managers fault.
Because unlike ours, aside like Chelsea is very well constructed in terms of personnel. Even with injuries at no point have ANY of their departments they have heavily invested in lacked in personnel quality nor balance in pure terms of player profile. United in comparison has been dreadfully constructed for while. Thus its hard to objectively tell where that begins and the weakness of a manager picks off.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Neither is Rice to be fair. The situation of a club you land at in terms of coaching and performance goes a long way in determining if you have a hope in hell of living up to an over inflated price tag. I'm willing to bet Rice would be getting stick if he was in Caicedo's place instead currently and Caicedo woulda been thirving now under Arteta.

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
How on earth is Stones one of City’s top three players?
Rodri, KdB, Silva, Haaland, Foden, Dias and Walker are clearly ahead of him. Arguably not top three defender even.
I think it’s because only Stones plays the hybrid CB / DM role especially well and that’s been key to City’s play in several games this season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I think it’s because only Stones plays the hybrid CB / DM role especially well and that’s been key to City’s play in several games this season.
They don't need a CB for that. It used to be Zinchenko and Cancelo for years and this season they've got players specifically for it like Kovacic and Lewis...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Stones took years to emerge as a top player though after going to City. Rice has shown it almost immediately. Huge difference.

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
They don't need a CB for that. It used to be Zinchenko and Cancelo for years and this season they've got players specifically for it like Kovacic and Lewis...
I know that (we literally signed Zinchenko to play a similar role for us). In fact, I think most people know that. But there’s it being a CB moving fluidly between midfield and the back line has certain advantages.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
We dodged a bullet for once.
You say that now. Watch him when an actual real coach gets hold of him. And he’s actually been really good this season while everyone is saying he’s bad. If this is him bad, we’ve got some player

Last edited:

ForFuchsSake

You say that now. Watch him when an actual real coach gets hold of him. And he’s actually been really good this season while everyone is saying he’s bad. If this is him bad, we’ve got some player
I do think he can be an easy target rash due to how reckless he can be. There will often be debate and contentious decisions surrounding him.

That said, £100m and this your return? Personally, I’d be pretty dissatisfied as a Chelsea fan.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I do think he can be an easy target rash due to how reckless he can be. There will often be debate and contentious decisions surrounding him.

That said, £100m and this your return? Personally, I’d be pretty dissatisfied as a Chelsea fan.
I don’t even consider the price tag. He was grossly overpriced and I was one saying we should walk away from the deal when Brighton were asking for £90m. Rivals will make fun of his fee and judge him against it but it makes no sense for me to do that. I just judge his game and I see a very good talented player having a good season with room to improve and get better.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I don’t even consider the price tag. He was grossly overpriced and I was one saying we should walk away from the deal when Brighton were asking for £90m. Rivals will make fun of his fee and judge him against it but it makes no sense for me to do that. I just judge his game and I see a very good talented player having a good season with room to improve and get better.
What on earth happened to Levia?

Ekeke

What on earth happened to Levia?
Injured all season except for one sub appearance. He's their Mount. Well, worse as he hasnt played

He was radically overrated though even out of form Caicedo does more than he did at Southampton. Lesley Ugochukwu might be higher in Chelsea's midfield pecking order even when he comes back.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
He’s a great signing, I think a lot of people just look at your league position and judge him on that rather than his own performances within a struggling team. Poch has a lot to answer for I think.

Mike Smalling

Pretty much. He's a decent enough player, that's about it.

I would steer clear of Brighton players and managers. The hype does be too OTT.
I don’t know, Mac Allister and Trossard have been good after their moves. Two players that would have improved our squad as well.

Robbie Boy

I don’t know, Mac Allister and Trossard have been good after their moves. Two players that would have improved our squad as well.
Trossard is a decent squaddie but nothing more. I actually thought Mac Allister looked much better for Brighton tbh.