Moises Caicedo | Chelsea player

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
@WeePat what's happened to him and Enzo?
They need Gallagher to hold their hand apparently. Enzo has been pretty good this season, albeit not amazing. Caicedo has been OK. Both were god awful tonight. Very discouraging to watch.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Genuinely didn't realise he was playing until I saw this thread bumped.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
100 million for him and and another 100 million for Enzo. Very poor tonight.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I don't think so, Caicedo has always been rated, even pre-Brighton, and was good under Potter too. I think the combination of loss of form, increased expectation, an unsettled team around him, a new manager still finding his feet, and Chelsea's general recent chaos is enough to have affected how he looks on the pitch. And I'm informed by Chelsea fans he has had some good games for them.
He's gone from being a big fish in a little pond to a little fish in a big pond, some players can't handle it but we'll see

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not easy to perform on the back of such a big price tag in a dysfunctional team. I think he'll come good long term, same with Enzo (who has been generally good anyway), but mentality is a big part after big transfers.

iKnowNothing

Not easy to perform on the back of such a big price tag in a dysfunctional team. I think he'll come good long term, same with Enzo (who has been generally good anyway), but mentality is a big part after big transfers.
.. and then we’ll sign one of them in their 30s to fix our midfield :drool:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I agree. I think in general Caicedo has been OK. He just hasn’t great, or particularly impressive, which is what people expected after the season he had with Brighton and the price tag. And that’s the problem when you buy players at that price level. There’s no grace period, when realistically there should be when you consider the fact that he’s only turned 22 last month.

RuudTom83

Him and Enzo are a bloody expensive pair of water carriers. 200+ million should really get you more for your money.

SAFMUTD

He's been nothing close to what he was at Brighton, system player?

NZT-One

He's been nothing close to what he was at Brighton, system player?
Surely a system player but emphasized by the fact that Chelsea isn't just in lack of a good system, they apparently (based on today) have a pretty dysfunctional system going on.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Surely a system player but emphasized by the fact that Chelsea isn't just in lack of a good system, they apparently (based on today) have a pretty dysfunctional system going on.
If he played for City he would look like Fernandinho.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
He needed a club where he could more simply slot in. The move was not a good one. He went to a team in relative turmoil and being as young and somewhat inexperienced as he was.... not a good idea. He will probably turn out to be decent in the end, but Chelsea was not the right destination. He should have stayed at Brighton.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Guilty of charge. Thought he'd be better buy than Rice. But so far, Rice is cruising up nicely while Caicedo has minimal impact.

Still rate him though.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
Guilty of charge. Thought he'd be better buy than Rice. But so far, Rice is cruising up nicely while Caicedo has minimal impact.

Still rate him though.
There's a player in there of course and he's still very young. I'm sure he'll come good eventually. But IMO for that crazy money, you want something a bit more "guaranteed" and could make an impact immediately. His experience is definitely what we needed. Rice was already a very seasoned PL player and international and while I didn't think he'd be so good so quickly, I never doubted that he was the right player for us at this stage. Caceido had just had his real breakthrough season with Brighton when he signed for Chelsea, a bit more of a gamble IMO.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
There's a player in there of course and he's still very young. I'm sure he'll come good eventually. But IMO for that crazy money, you want something a bit more "guaranteed" and could make an impact immediately. His experience is definitely what we needed. Rice was already a very seasoned PL player and international and while I didn't think he'd be so good so quickly, I never doubted that he was the right player for us at this stage. Caceido had just had his real breakthrough season with Brighton when he signed for Chelsea, a bit more of a gamble IMO.
Yeah. My posts in Rice closed thread:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/declan-rice-signs-for-arsenal.477048/post-30733564
80m for Rice is reasonable. He's not a one season wonder, and he impressed me during WC.
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/declan-rice-signs-for-arsenal.477048/post-30694404
Hopefully Rice turns into Arsenal's Maguire. Slim chance (as I rate Rice pretty high), but man can hope.

although I did say this
Personally think Caicedo worth 100m. Rice is not so much.

LDUred

Brighton have been a well-coached team for a while, with a clear style of play that is effective. If you parachute one of their players into an utter train wreck of a side like Chelsea, they will undoubtedly look half the player.

It's not so much about signing good players as having a system in which they can excel.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It's absolutely amazing that we somehow didn't buy him, considering how poor he is.

Mainoldo

Another overhyped yute. There’s a dozen Caicedo’s in football. Glad we didn’t waste have a transfer budget on him. Be interesting to see how much money Chelsea spend next summer with yet again no European football.

Borys

Statistics Wizard

Still rate him though.
Same here, and in the long run I still think Caicedo will be great. But doesn't look particularly impressive so far. Defensively he's been alright I guess, but there is little ball progression from him.

Donut

There’s no space for both him and Lavia in the team anyway. Yeah it’s nice to have many quality players but they’re pretty similar and if Lavia doesn’t stink up the place you’d imagine he’ll bench the 120 million Caicedo.

Acole9

Outstanding
He was bang average last night. I forgot he was on the pitch until he made a foul in the second half.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
looks lazy as shit, you knew what time it was when he turned down playing for Klopp
Are you saying you knew he was lazy because he said no a team that decided they wanted to sign him in a whim?

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
Are you saying you knew he was lazy because he said no a team that decided they wanted to sign him in a whim?
No, he’s saying it was pretty obvious what his priorities were when he decided to turn down klopp’s hardcore preseason double training sessions and opted for the money, the London nightlife, and the kickabout-in-a-park training sessions poch has your overpriced squad doing.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
No, he’s saying it was pretty obvious what his priorities were when he decided to turn down klopp’s hardcore preseason double training sessions and opted for the money, the London nightlife, and the kickabout-in-a-park training sessions poch has your overpriced squad doing.
It was a blatant panic bid. He turned you down because Liverpool didn’t bother speaking to the lad before throwing £111million at Brighton. You’re just here to troll though, so I’ll leave you to it.

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
It was a blatant panic bid. He turned you down because Liverpool didn’t bother speaking to the lad before throwing £111million at Brighton. You’re just here to troll though, so I’ll leave you to it.
Panic bid, you say? As opposed to the comprehensively well thought out squad-building exercise your owners have undertaken at Chelsea?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Panic bid, you say? As opposed to the comprehensively well thought out squad-building exercise your owners have undertaken at Chelsea?
Well Chelsea have been speaking to him since January, so yes it was a deal a long time in the making. Can’t blame the lad for saying no to a team who decides to throw a record bid at him on a whim. He was chilling in London waiting for our bid to finalise when he heard about Liverpool’s random monster offer.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Well Chelsea have been speaking to him since January, so yes it was a deal a long time in the making. Can’t blame the lad for saying no to a team who decides to throw a record bid at him on a whim. He was chilling in London waiting for our bid to finalise when he heard about Liverpool’s random monster offer.
Is this a case of a player securing the bag and then putting his feet up, or is he just plain struggling for form?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Is this a case of a player securing the bag and then putting his feet up, or is he just plain struggling for form?
I mean there’s no evidence of the first suggestion, so my guess he’s just struggling for form. He hasn’t even been particularly bad, but I understand with his price tag, rival fans will enjoy his struggles.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I mean there’s no evidence of the first suggestion, so my guess he’s just struggling for form. He hasn’t even been particularly bad, but I understand with his price tag, rival fans will enjoy his struggles.
I don’t watch you guys at all - only game I’ve paid attention to was vs us where you were so bad, you made us look good, so no frame of reference for the player.

Would take him in a heartbeat, so surprised by how bad it sounds like he’s been.