Moises Caicedo | Chelsea player

Zed is not dead

What are Brighton doing to these players whilst they're at the club (or, perhaps more significantly, when they sell them on). Bissouma's only just starting to look like a player again after god knows how long, Maupay's not doing much of anything, Cucurella's a shell of his former self, now Caicedo....the only one who seems to have escaped is Trossard
It’s easier to shine in a well-oiled team and in a relatively low-pressure environment.
Once you get to a bigger club and have a big price tag attached to your name, it’s a whole different game.

Giggsy13

will finally be able to see the godfather of the press. Pochettino press. Hasn’t seen it since his early days at spurs. Caicedo was the missing piece as I stated before. With caicedo and Lavia chelsea will be able build from the back much better and allow more progressive pass from the back. Gallagher isnt that player and now they have fixed that. All that is left to fix is their attack and goalkeeper.
Just another £1 billion to go and you’ll get there…

Baxquux

Maupay was pretty crap at Brighton. Even they couldn't do anything with him.

Wonder whether it is system players.
He's definitely worse for Everton, at least what bits I've seen. At least he was bordering on double league figures for Brighton every season and generally not screwing things up as art of their system football. But, yeah, some large part of the 'effect' overall just has to be playing in clear systems as well as environment where they have just the right amount of productive pressure without it cramping their game etc...

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
How did he have a bad debut? Didn’t get to see it.

Kaos

Still early days but if Caicedo does end up being flop, maybe it puts this 'PL proven' myth to bed.

Ultimately players are only 'club proven', and there's no knowing how well a player will adapt to a new team, coach or system irrespective of how successful their past exploits were. Caicedo has also only had one proper season in English football.

gajender

Players go a level up in Brighton, even Welbeck looks good there.
Welbeck was plenty good at United as well his problem was always in front of goal and fitness, his all-round game was at pretty decent level .

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13

Jam

Still early days but if Caicedo does end up being flop, maybe it puts this 'PL proven' myth to bed.

Ultimately players are only 'club proven', and there's no knowing how well a player will adapt to a new team, coach or system irrespective of how successful their past exploits were. Caicedo has also only had one proper season in English football.
You say that and club/system proven is obviously more evident but there is definitely a benefit to players that have performed in the same league.

It isn’t a definitive assessment; a player from Bundesliga could come here and rip it much and a PL player could move to United and flop. But for initial assessment there is definitely a benefit to being used to the country, teams, and league style. It just isn’t the be all and end all.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Always seemed an absolutely daft fee, and the likes of Carragher slating Casemiro saying we should think long term like Chelsea have was comedy too.
One of the all time worst sub appearances that one.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He looked totally unfit out there. How much preseason did he even get with Brighton?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
He looked totally unfit out there. How much preseason did he even get with Brighton?
Di Zerbi wanted nothing to do with him so I'm guessing none. Which is no surprise as he was more interested in outside affairs anyway, with his entourage.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
That was a player totally not up to speed.

Robbie Boy

It’s easier to shine in a well-oiled team and in a relatively low-pressure environment.
Once you get to a bigger club and have a big price tag attached to your name, it’s a whole different game.
This, so much this. That's why I would be reticent in appointing a manager from Brighton or signing any of their players.

Their players cost exorbitant fees, and there's no guarantees that they will perform to the same level outside of Brighton's well oiled system. Same for managers; look how Potter faired at Chelsea. I'm a big De Zerbi fan, but who knows how well he would fare at another PL team outside of Brighton.

Brighton are just an unbelievably well run club with amazing structures in place to allow players and managers to thrive, and flourish.

FriedClams

This, so much this. That's why I would be reticent in appointing a manager from Brighton or signing any of their players.

Their players cost exorbitant fees, and there's no guarantees that they will perform to the same level outside of Brighton's well oiled system. Same for managers; look how Potter faired at Chelsea. I'm a big De Zerbi fan, but who knows how well he would fare at another PL team outside of Brighton.

Brighton are just an unbelievably well run club with amazing structures in place to allow players and managers to thrive, and flourish.
makes you wonder if billionaires would consider trying to buy them

Nonameisknown

Supports
United
Never ever spunk big money on multiple players from mid table clubs trying to build a super team. Learn from Real Madrid.

Buckie

Supports
Arsenal

Forget the EPL tax, people should talk about the Brighton tax. Most of the players they have sold are nowhere near as good outside of the Brighton system. (As an aside, I'm happy with Trossard and White.)

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
He refused to play or train with us after we turned down your original offers. Effectively went on strike. Then claimed a “hamstring strain” and signed with you 5 days later.

I was surprised by Moises unprofessionalism, not in forcing the move, but at least in staying match sharp ready to debut and justify his British record price.

He will come good, but that was absolutely hopeless today.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
He will come good indeed, but the kid has not been very mature during this whole thing and has been advised ...poorly. Personally, I feel he moved too soon. He would have benefited from at least one more season with Brighton.

Also, he is moving from a fairly well tuned Brighton team to a bit of a mess in Chelsea (just ask Potter) so it may take some extra time for it to all gel. It might take him a bit longer now because he is short on experience.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
What a nice end to the weekend.
Feck Boehly

OverratedOpinion

As we all know his per 90 stats at his best are pretty identical to Fred's in his first 4 years at Utd. Fred didn't give away pens though so he will need to improve to reach his usual level.

Lemoor

Forget the EPL tax, people should talk about the Brighton tax. Most of the players they have sold are nowhere near as good outside of the Brighton system. (As an aside, I'm happy with Trossard and White.)
It's just Cucurella and Bissouma who dissapointed in other clubs so far, I think? And both of them joined clubs in absolute disarray for their first season outside of Brighton.

90 + 5min

Why do people think this is a great player from start? Because someone bought him for crazy money? He is pretty much Djemba Djemba without that cool name.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why do people think this is a great player from start? Because someone bought him for crazy money? He is pretty much Djemba Djemba without that cool name.
:lol: Ah come on, his debut was funny but let's not go crazy.

fezzerUTD

A Brighton player leaves his incredibly well run club, proper structure, squad and where everyone know their role to join a rich club that buys random players in hope that at least some of them will turn out good ends up not being as good as he was for Brighton.. who would have thought?!
Chelsea poached the recruitment team off Brighton when they took Potter.

fezzerUTD

It's just Cucurella and Bissouma who dissapointed in other clubs so far, I think? And both of them joined clubs in absolute disarray for their first season outside of Brighton.
Mac allister got sent off for Liverpool Saturday.

Oranges038

:lol: :lol:

I called him a Wilson Palacios regen last week.