Declan Rice | signs for arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Will be a huge flop. Rarely do this extreme high signings work out. Let arsenal have him

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Hopefully Rice turns into Arsenal's Maguire. Slim chance (as I rate Rice pretty high), but man can hope.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Imagine telling a football fan from even just a few years ago that Arsenal would be spending £100m on a single player. A club whose managers, club hierarchy and supporters themselves have always slated every other big PL club for “distorting the market” and ruining the game.

Now they’re spending £105m on a DM + probably another £100m or more on other signings. No more Poor Little Arsenal act from them now.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Insane amount for Declan fecking Rice but oh well clearly not my money. 200M spent already and it's not even July ! Good thing FFP is a myth

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Imagine telling a football fan from even just a few years ago that Arsenal would be spending £100m on a single player. A club whose managers, club hierarchy and supporters themselves have always slated every other big PL club for “distorting the market” and ruining the game.

Now they’re spending £105m on a DM + probably another £100m or more on other signings. No more Poor Little Arsenal act from them now.
From what i read these money are investment (as low interest loan) from the owner to the team, and not generated from revenue. It is not sustainable unless Arsenal is back into a top 4/5 team with CL money.

Teja

I mean fair play to them for showing the determination to compete. You almost expect them to just mess around, complain about value in the market, talk about some vague financial concepts and ultimately not get the player.

Nori-

£100m + £5m add-ons is still a great deal.

People automatically assume that's £105m gone but it doesn't work like that. He's 24 years old, they could keep him until he's 29/30 and with inflation in the transfer market, could get most of their money back if they sold him down the line.

Remember, we paid £60m for a 30 year old Casemiro.

It's just a case of managing transfer funds over a long period.

(This whole logic obviously depends on him performing at a high level for the coming years but he's shown he's more than capable)

Someone

Something
Crazy amount. Good player but far from the top class 100m could get you. For the money arsenal are spending this summer they should be getting better players.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
That's a serious bid. Club has done everything it can do. Now its on Rice and if he really wants the project.

Is it crazy money? Of course, it is. But that's football these days. Thanks, Chelsea, City, and PSG.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Crazy amount. Good player but far from the top class 100m could get you. For the money arsenal are spending this summer they should be getting better players.
He's probably the best that fits what Arteta wants that is excited to sign with Arsenal though. It's not like Camavinga and Tchouameni are going to come to Arsenal.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Thats a fecking stupid bid. What a fecking stupid league the PL has turned out to be.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
£100m + £5m add-ons is still a great deal.

People automatically assume that's £105m gone, It doesn't work like that. He's 24 years old, they could keep him until he's 29/30 and with inflation in the transfer market, could get most of their money back if they sold him down the line.

Remember, we paid £60m for a 30 year old Casemiro.

It's just a case of managing transfer funds over a long period.
£60m for a 30 year old Casemiro - assume you get 3 years out of Casemiro at the highest level. it is £20m a season
£100m for a 24 year old Rice - 4 year contract. it is £25m/season. If he decides to renew another 4 years, it will be even cheaper per season.

Not that it is cheap by any mean. English tax and EPL tax are real.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
£60m for a 30 year old Casemiro - assume you get 3 years out of Casemiro at the highest level. it is £20m a season
£100m for a 24 year old Rice - 4 year contract. it is £25m/season. If he decides to renew another 4 years, it will be even cheaper per season.

Not that it is cheap by any mean. English tax and EPL tax are real.
Meh that's assuming he fits perfectly in the team and play well enough to never get displaced. There is massive pressure on him from the start, he will join Saka Odegaard and Jesus as the biggest players of the squad.
Apart from Havertz, who else have you signed?
Timber from Ajax is close to being done for 40/45M.

skc_18

I just hope we don't join this mad bidding war, even with exchange of two players. City will back out of the deal , and will be laughing at whoever has the player. Hoping it is not us.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
That’s it then, he will most likely move to Arsenal now I feel even if City match the bid.

BarryWinks

How have Arsenal become so rich in the last few years without any significant outgoings? Did they suddenly come into some money we didn't know about?

croadyman

I just hope we don't join this mad bidding war, even with exchange of two players. City will back out of the deal , and will be laughing at whoever has the player. Hoping it is not us.
Not against it with player exchange but certainly way too much for straight deal

Bwuk

For the 170m it’ll cost, is Rice/Havertz/Odegaard any better than Partey/Xhaka/Odegaard?

Arsenal for me would have been better spending that £ on a goalscorer upfront.

skc_18

Not against it with player exchange but certainly way too much for straight deal
Atleast for me, it is just a no-go. Rice is decent player, but does not have extra-ordinary skillset which demands that much money. And with our history of english players, it is most likely to be a failure.
If we were to exchange two players, we should exchange with Brighton (for Caicedo) or Spurs (For Kane)

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
For the 170m it’ll cost, is Rice/Havertz/Odegaard any better than Partey/Xhaka/Odegaard?

Arsenal for me would have been better spending that £ on a goalscorer upfront.
Yes, definitely better on the ball. Xhaka improved but he's still prone to meltdowns and can be a card magnet. And Rice upgrades the 6 with the bonus of no black cloud of off-pitch stuff hanging over him.

Which goalscorer do you think Edu could have realistically signed?

Bwuk

Yes, definitely better on the ball. Xhaka improved but he's still prone to meltdowns and can be a card magnet. And Rice upgrades the 6 with the bonus of no black cloud of off-pitch stuff hanging over him.

Which goalscorer do you think Edu could have realistically signed?
Literally any striker would be available for 170m bar Haaland.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I just want City and Arsenal to keep adding small amounts or better terms so this drags on for another week.

Someone

Something
He's probably the best that fits what Arteta wants that is excited to sign with Arsenal though. It's not like Camavinga and Tchouameni are going to come to Arsenal.
Yeah but still too much money for him. They still need a top goal scorer which could be another 100m the way things are these days.

One thing fore sure, Arsenal are really going for it. The ambition is clear.

Lincm

Supports
Arsenal
Literally any striker would be available for 170m bar Haaland.
Arsenal scored 88 goals last season. The striker wasn't their biggest issue. It was control of the game and getting by passed in midfield especially when partey was not playing.

croadyman

Atleast for me, it is just a no-go. Rice is decent player, but does not have extra-ordinary skillset which demands that much money. And with our history of english players, it is most likely to be a failure.
If we were to exchange two players, we should exchange with Brighton (for Caicedo) or Spurs (For Kane)
Yeah think it's safe to say offering exchange of players to those two will be fruitless,particularly Spurs who aren't gonna be bodged on selling Kane

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Didn't know Levy did freelance consulting, tell them to do one, get Caicedo

Bring on utd

I don’t understand why people keep saying it’s mad money. He’s better than Bellingham and no one was complaining about his price

Status
Not open for further replies.