Declan Rice | signs for arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

Any decent English player is over 100m. Started with Grealish.
Not true at all. Sancho, Mount, Maddison etc are all more than decent and didnt/dont cost that.

Paying that much for Grealish is not to get a "decent" English player, its the idea that you're getting one that is also a top player regardless of nationality. Hasnt been at that level for City, but thats what they were hoping for when they paid that amount. Same as you will be hoping Rice is a top performing DM/CM not a "decent" one.

Cloud7

How have Arsenal become so rich in the last few years without any significant outgoings? Did they suddenly come into some money we didn't know about?
Their owner, Kroenke, was always extremely rich, he just never put money into the club. Seems his son is running the show now and by all accounts seems more invested and willing to put money into the club.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
This whole "unhappy with payment structure" line is tedious. If you're guaranteed 100m, it really doesn't matter unless you're fecking strapped for cash.

ColvaleGoa

At least if Arsenal buy Rice..their fans will be frothing at the mouth to tell us they are going to win the league. So the boom ,busy Cycle will be fun to watch.

DickDastardly

Shitty mindfecking again.....at least it's not us this time.

Last time they mindfecked us into buying the biggest flop in the history of Manchester United, our captain squarehead.

This time they're mindfecking Arse into buying the midfield version of Harry.

Trex

Oh my word, with good scouting you can get a good or better player for 40-50 million. Sometimes I feel clubs are under a spell when it comes to certain signings. Tell me why Brighton wouldn't demand just as much now considering I see Caicedo as a better player.

aeh1991

We could probably say it's a progress that we are not too much involved in this saga. Rice is a good player but not for that price.

davidmichael

Arsenal went from 75+15 to 100+5..
there is no way the payment terms are decent.. it's going to spread over several years..
Can only be a maximum of 5 years for a fee to be paid and seeing as City offered to pay £90 million over two years I can’t see Arsenal doing much different as West Ham will want it over 2-3 at longest.

Wengerista

Supports
Arsenal
If we miss out at this point, fair enough. Football's gone mad and there's a limit to how much non-oil clubs can indulge the madness. Strong show of intent by our board and at this point my only gripe with them would be if they didn't have a solid Plan B

saivet

Spending £170m on Rice and Havertz would be pretty underwhelming, in my opinion. Might prove to be worth it, but they would still need a better striker to compete with City. And if they lose Xhaka and Partey they’d still be thin in midfield.
Agree, replacing them in the team is fine but if they keeping one of them would be ideal. A back up midfield trio of Jorginho, Elneny and Fabio Viera is quite a drop off. With CL football, they can't rotate midweek either, and while Rice, Havertz and Odegaard are young and can play a lot of games it puts them at risk.

ZainCRse7en

At this price, don't care if he ends up at City or gooners but this saga has taught me to never do business with West Ham and their greedy owner. Club acting like they have just won the Champions League ffs.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
If we miss out at this point, fair enough. Football's gone mad and there's a limit to how much non-oil clubs can indulge the madness. Strong show of intent by our board and at this point my only gripe with them would be if they didn't have a solid Plan B
Yeh I feel the board can't do much more. I love that they are well aware of having to go up a level now that we're back in CL.

Oh my word, with good scouting you can get a good or better player for 40-50 million. Sometimes I feel clubs are under a spell when it comes to certain signings. Tell me why Brighton wouldn't demand just as much now considering I see Caicedo as a better player.
Please share a player similar to Rice who we could get for 50mil today. Someone of similar (young) age, proven PL quality and experienced international. We apparently had a £70mil bid rejected for Caceido in Jan and it looks like he'll go for more now. Rice is more established than Caceido and of course there's the English tax. Heck, Fulham now value Palhinha at £60mil after one season in the PL!

Judas

Open to offers
This has to rank up there as one of the worst transfers in terms of value.
Certainly not, we've made plenty of worse deals. Rice will do brilliantly wherever he goes, is young enough to improve and will probably be at his next club till he retires. People hate him, but he'd do well at any of the top teams in the league.

Zoo

Considering Enzo Fernandez went for £106m West Ham are doing the right thing.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Maybe not to the Maguire degree but he’ll be an expensive flop who is limited and will get found out at the level Arsenal want to play at.
Yeah, I think Caceido could be our next Pogba.

Foreign Flop.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
This has to rank up there as one of the worst transfers in terms of value.
Not sure about that. I think Rice would succeed anywhere. Pep wants him, and I don't think it's just to play mind games with Arsenal. Are we overpaying? Yes, but I think he'll probably make up for it in the long run.

Most expensive English players
Rice would top the list but 3 of your players are on there - Wan Bissaka, Sancho and Maguire. I don't think any one of them have worked out for you.

Last edited:

Zagoon

Supports
Arsenal
The Rice deal looks close for us now. Exciting times for the Arsenal faithful.

The concern I have is Lavia, we still need him to come in I think, especially with talk that Partey will be leaving the club. Heck, I'd bring in Lavia even if Partey is staying on.

Rice, Havertz, Timber, Lavia would be a good summer, supported by outgoings of course. A strong core of players that hopefully builds on the good work done so far.

Ronaldo's Love Child

Shitty mindfecking again.....at least it's not us this time.

Last time they mindfecked us into buying the biggest flop in the history of Manchester United, our captain squarehead.

This time they're mindfecking Arse into buying the midfield version of Harry.
How mant times have City done this to us?

Fred
Alexis Sanchez
Ronaldo

Zoo

Huge huge fee but top signing for Arsenal. Coupled with £65m on Havertz no way should they be seen as plucky underdogs anymore.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Great news for the Arsenal fans in here, the ones who were absolutely certain he was joining almost had egg on their face :lol:

To be fair I think it's a great signing, Arsenal don't need a lot, they need depth and Rice will relegate Xhaka to the bench and add quality/depth.

Havertz and probably Timber too, they gotta be up there again next season surely? That's the pressure they have to get used to.

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
The way these things are going, this is like real estate the deal is the benchmark for the previous deal. Wenger just couldn't grasp this. Happy things have changed.
Enzo deal in Jan seemed absurd now ot seems its inline. Mudryk made Antony deal better and a year back Antony made Grealish deal better.
Its a buddle with no signs of bursting even Covid did nothing to it

Status
Not open for further replies.