Declan Rice | signs for arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
That City interest sounds like a figment of WH's imagination. We should be focussed on Caicedo imo. Rice cannot replace Partey that well. He can fill in for a little bit but he needs to be a replacement for Xhaka. There are more good options for Xhaka than Partey. Bring Caicedo in, and let go of Partey next year. Havertz and Rice does not address our needs. We stopped having bad transfer seasons recently but we are setting this one up poorly....hope I am wrong.
Rice is the chosen 1. We've been working on him for the best part of a season, convincing him behind the scenes that he's our number 1 choice and we'll try and go all out to sign him this summer. Would be poor play to do that and then not follow through on it, I believe that's what Chelsea have done to him in the past and why they are no longer in the running.

Also, remember it's Xhaka that is actually leaving so it's a Xhaka replacement we need first and foremost this season. Caceido would be really nice, but we do still have Partey and Jorginho that can play there, and we aren't going to sign x2 £100M players in 1 window.

I like the latest talk about bringing in Lavia if possible. He's still a bit raw, but he would be half the price of Caceido, is more Partey's style of player, and can be a rotational option for him before taking over from him long term.

Havertz, I remain to be convinced of, so I agree with you there. I'm not totally against it like some fans are, I am sceptical though and I'm intrigued to see what Artetas plan is with him.

izec

Don't see how he would fit in City starting 11, as Rodri will 100% start ahead him every day and night and I can't see him playing a bit part role like Philips doing over there. Maybe he could also play as a CB moving to midfield kind of role Stones is playing for them. But then Stone is very fine at that role already, so he will probably be backup for both Rodri and Stones, or squad rotation with Stones. But then paying 120m for a backup player is kind of way too much, even for City standard.

I think he would/should move to Arsenal, as he would fit in there perfectly.
He would be perfect for that Stones role and would start over him. In addition, he would be backup to Rodri and CB if needed. He would get plenty of game time, but improving that City team is difficult, but as we know, they spend every summer and that is what you need to do to stay on top.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Atleast with the link of City alongside United,Bayern,Arsenal should halt the 'this guy is overrated & overpriced' talk for a bit as those fans favourite player has only really attracted a poch's Chelsea & arguably a given up on transfer Arsenal.

MonsieurGooner

Supports
Arsenal
Still think we get him. There has been plenty of sentiment Rice doesnt want to leave London, and with the birth of his son who is less than 12 months old, I think that only has consolidated that desire to stay in London. I think this 'bidding war' is a figment of imagination and something West Ham have tried to sell to themselves. So far we have bid, and are preparing a second bid. If City are interested, how many more days can pass without them making an offer before its obvious West Ham are winding us all up?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He would be perfect for that Stones role and would start over him. In addition, he would be backup to Rodri and CB if needed. He would get plenty of game time, but improving that City team is difficult, but as we know, they spend every summer and that is what you need to do to stay on top.
Well that's your guess only. Stones is a very experience CB for both City and England, and he is well tested and proven in that hybrid role for Pep system. Did I say tested and proven?

Rice just isn't yet, he never try out that role at any point in his career, its all just in your head that he could do well there, all because he seems to be playing like a CB in West Ham midfield. Well strictly speaking he isn't even a CB for England or West Ham and since his youngster years. So we never really know how well he could cope with the hybrid role, for sure he shouldn't start over Stones until we see more of him doing that.

Bondi77

I am waiting for the headline...'Manchester United join the race for Rice' just to give it maximum media coverage.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Rice is the chosen 1. We've been working on him for the best part of a season, convincing him behind the scenes that he's our number 1 choice and we'll try and go all out to sign him this summer. Would be poor play to do that and then not follow through on it, I believe that's what Chelsea have done to him in the past and why they are no longer in the running.

Also, remember it's Xhaka that is actually leaving so it's a Xhaka replacement we need first and foremost this season. Caceido would be really nice, but we do still have Partey and Jorginho that can play there, and we aren't going to sign x2 £100M players in 1 window.

I like the latest talk about bringing in Lavia if possible. He's still a bit raw, but he would be half the price of Caceido, is more Partey's style of player, and can be a rotational option for him before taking over from him long term.

Havertz, I remain to be convinced of, so I agree with you there. I'm not totally against it like some fans are, I am sceptical though and I'm intrigued to see what Artetas plan is with him.
I don't particularly want to go through another season of Partey being our starter. Judging from Teta's looks I am not sure he wants that either. He has been a patchy player often with injury problems, unreliable and has come with excess baggage on top of it. I would try to convince Xhaka to stay one more year, even that means he leaves on free. Or we can find a Xhaka replacement for 1/3rd of the price of Rice. Jorginho is not going to cut it either and I am hearing rumours of him wanting to go back yo Italy. Rice is simply too expensive. It limits us, and does not improve us a whole lot. How much better than Xhaka are we expecting him to be here?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Still think we end up signing him. Many football fans often channel their inner FIFA player and assume footballers exist on a football pitch only. However believe it or not, Declan Rice is also an actual person, he has a newborn son and his entire family is in London. This is why he was never going to Bayern Munich, because his child's upbringing is probably higher on the list of his desires than winning an easy Bundesliga. Manchetser is still in the UK, but 200 miles from his home.
I agree. But I also don’t know why we are interested. You need someone with quicker feet and a better passing / playmaking quality to compliment Casemiero. Rice and Casemiero is just too limited.

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
I don't particularly want to go through another season of Partey being our starter. Judging from Teta's looks I am not sure he wants that either. He has been a patchy player often with injury problems, unreliable and has come with excess baggage on top of it. I would try to convince Xhaka to stay one more year, even that means he leaves on free. Or we can find a Xhaka replacement for 1/3rd of the price of Rice. Jorginho is not going to cut it either and I am hearing rumours of him wanting to go back yo Italy. Rice is simply too expensive. It limits us, and does not improve us a whole lot. How much better than Xhaka are we expecting him to be here?
I too want Xhaka to stay. As did the entire Emirates at our final game of the season. He just got good, so unless we can nab Gundogan, I don’t see any upside in letting him go.

I think Rice is coming to replace Partey, which I’m happy about for… many reasons.

It’s looking like Havertz might be coming in to play in MF. Certainly wouldn’t have been my pick, but Arteta/Edu recent track record has convinced me to Trust The Process.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Well that's your guess only. Stones is a very experience CB for both City and England, and he is well tested and proven in that hybrid role for Pep system. Did I say tested and proven?

Rice just isn't yet, he never try out that role at any point in his career, its all just in your head that he could do well there, all because he seems to be playing like a CB in West Ham midfield. Well strictly speaking he isn't even a CB for England or West Ham and since his youngster years. So we never really know how well he could cope with the hybrid role, for sure he shouldn't start over Stones until we see more of him doing that.
Well he is the player who has the most progressive carries in the PL that plays anywhere outside of a winger or a forward.

So he is pretty much made for that role.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Well he is the player who has the most progressive carries in the PL that plays anywhere outside of a winger or a forward.

So he is pretty much made for that role.
As a DM, but not as a CB though. For sure he is good DM, but how good can he be when playing in CB, and as hybrid CB/DM, and at the very top level, no one knows for sure.

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
As a DM, but not as a CB though. For sure he is good DM, but how good can he be when playing in CB, and as hybrid CB/DM, and at the very top level, no one knows for sure.
Stones is playing as DM, though. And Rice has 50+ games at CB under his belt. He'd be great in that role.

As an Arsenal fan, I don't want to see it. And he starts every game for us whereas that may not be the case at City. Plus, he doesn't have to move his family. So hopefully he ends up at the carpet.

Conor

Are Arsenal fans genuinely calling Arteta 'Teta'? Why are you the worst?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Stones is playing as DM, though. And Rice has 50+ games at CB under his belt. He'd be great in that role.

As an Arsenal fan, I don't want to see it. And he starts every game for us whereas that may not be the case at City. Plus, he doesn't have to move his family. So hopefully he ends up at the carpet.
I don’t think that’s the same thing. I am not saying Rice couldn’t do that hybrid role for City, as he clearly has potential for such role. But playing CB for City requires a something specific not many CB or DM are familiar with. If he moves to City maybe eventually he would be great for that role given time, but it’s not like he would just go there and force Stone out of the starting line up, and start to play such key role immediately though.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
80m for Rice is reasonable. He's not a one season wonder, and he impressed me during WC.

Idxomer

80m for Rice is reasonable. He's not a one season wonder, and he impressed me during WC.
It's 80m in addition to Maguire and AWB which makes it close to at least 120m. These reports are likely to be nonsense.

gajender

How is that true when we are currently bidding for Mount?
It's regularly been used by bluffers and not so credible sources off late , make shit up about United interest just add they won't act upon it due to takeover .

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It's 80m in addition to Maguire and AWB which makes it close to at least 120m. These reports are likely to be nonsense.
Make it 150m, as AWB is a 50m and Maguire 20-30m players.

Well, yeah. Those are either BS reports, or probably what Moyes wants.

Woziak

Don't think you'll need to worry about that Robbie unless Qatar get real soon.
If the Rice transfer saga carries on all through July and August your lose him as Qatar could be in charge of united by then and they will spend big at the end of the window, Arsenal want him they need to go out £120m on the table now if they don’t I think they could lose him. All it takes is Shaw and Rashford to tell him they’ve heard just like Rio Qatar are coming and other superstars are also coming in August and then someone taps him up from the club at £350-400k per week you can’t pay that with a Turnover of £370m and wages of £240m the FSP will effect you, I know People say Arsenal have £300m to spend and their accounts are solid, Arsenal are certainly not making the losses we are but under FSP you can only spend 90% of actual turnover which will be similar for 22/23 season to last at £370-380m so you can spend £340m and your wages are £240-250m already and going up rapidly.

I can see Arsenal spending £200m but not £300m, maybe even £250m but dropping half of that on one player and then £60m on Havertz doesn’t make sense when yiu need 4/5 players.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Signing Rice is a sign you want to win the league. Signing Mount is an indicator you want to scrape top four. Stinks of Glazernomics.

zaafi

Signing Rice is a sign you want to win the league. Signing Mount is an indicator you want to scrape top four. Stinks of Glazernomics.
Interesting when you take into consideration Mount has already won CL and Rice has won feck all until his recent Europa League victory.

glazed

Interesting when you take into consideration Mount has already won CL and Rice has won feck all until his recent Europa League victory.
On that flawed logic you'd take Mount over Bellingham. It's obvious to the eye that both are miles better than Mount.

zaafi

On that flawed logic you'd take Mount over Bellingham. It's obvious to the eye that both are miles better than Mount.
Rice and Mount play in completely different positions, so I honestly don't get the point you're trying to make. Do you suggest we should buy and play Rice next to Casemiro or something?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
:lol: what? Neither of them are signings that will win you the league or an indicator you're trying to.

glazed

Rice and Mount play in completely different positions, so I honestly don't get the point you're trying to make. Do you suggest we should buy and play Rice next to Casemiro or something?
No Rice would replace Casemiro eventually. It's about the quality of the players you buy.

zaafi

No Rice would replace Casemiro eventually. It's about the quality of the players you buy.
But we don't need to replace Casemiro now, we just need a backup for him. There is no way Rice would be coming here to sit on the bench.

Mount would replace Eriksen and be an upgrade on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.