Declan Rice | signs for arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
A 3 of Casemiro, Rice and Bruno would be amazing. It's too nice a thing for us, sadly.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
But we don't need to replace Casemiro now, we just need a backup for him. There is no way Rice would be coming here to sit on the bench.

Mount would replace Eriksen and be an upgrade on him.
Valid points but we do need to replace Casemiro. He's quite old and he gets suspended a lot. We also need to replace Eriksen, just with someone better than Mount. Plus I could see Rice and Casemiro playing together behind Bruno.

OrcaFat

Hoping we get him, he's got the right attitude.
He has. He is an elite character and, if he isn’t already, will be an elite player in the absolute top bracket. He is the type of player that SAF would have kidnapped to make sure he didn’t go somewhere else.

We don’t actually need him but SAF would have got him anyway, rightly so. I’ll be amazed if we can afford him but he would be a great signing for us.

glazed

Don't worry Luke Shaw just gave him a tour of Carrington. That will definitely clinch it for Arsenal.

KanieKaned

Valid points but we do need to replace Casemiro. He's quite old and he gets suspended a lot. We also need to replace Eriksen, just with someone better than Mount. Plus I could see Rice and Casemiro playing together behind Bruno.
No we don't, Casemiro age wise and fitness wise is fine. He's played one season for us and in that season alone he's been sent off the same amount of times as he had for Madrid in his whole career there. I HIGHLY DOUBT we will see anything like this next season with Casemiro. There was a slight adjustment to the league here and having to be the enforcer due to us having feck all else of real quality. Eriksen needs cover which Mount would offer perfectly and he's a good player who is just after having a poor season. Rice and Casemiro would offer us more defensive cover for the bigger games and would allow us to rest Casemiro in the lesser games. Mounty would offer some quality and more energy over Eriksen over the course of the season.

glazed

No we don't, Casemiro age wise and fitness wise is fine. He's played one season for us and in that season alone he's been sent off the same amount of times as he had for Madrid in his whole career there. I HIGHLY DOUBT we will see anything like this next season with Casemiro. There was a slight adjustment to the league here and having to be the enforcer due to us having feck all else of real quality. Eriksen needs cover which Mount would offer perfectly and he's a good player who is just after having a poor season. Rice and Casemiro would offer us more defensive cover for the bigger games and would allow us to rest Casemiro in the lesser games. Mounty would offer some quality and more energy over Eriksen over the course of the season.
Did you say Mounty?

KjaAnd

Rice is criminally underrated by some on here. He's a real leader with great physical and technical attributes who's going to transform whatever team that signs him.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
I mean, we paid £80m in up front for Maguire a few years ago...
And no one argued he was value for money. It's not even that Rice will cost higher than 80 ( he will be 100 million) but someone calling 80 million offer as derisory is just fecked up.

If you want to play "but what about Maguire" game then check all the great players City, Liverpool signed for much less than 80 million.

ROFLUTION

No way we're spending 100m on Rice. That is Andy Carroll stupid. I hope Arsenal does.

Good player, but for a player who does nothing more than defend and pass well, 100m is on the verge of insanity.

For 100m you can get players who are way more deciding individually in a game than Rice is.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Rice remains, for me, the closest thing at the moment to Keano when we signed him. He's very good and I think will get better and better. I think he'd fit well into a time that has to battle a bit and could be a great future captain. Is he the best in the world? No. Is he one of the best around right now? Yes. Of course, the vampires are desperate to keep f@cking up the club...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/22729852/manchester-united-ten-hag-west-ham-declan-rice/

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
No way we're spending 100m on Rice. That is Andy Carroll stupid. I hope Arsenal does.

Good player, but for a player who does nothing more than defend and pass well, 100m is on the verge of insanity.

For 100m you can get players who are way more deciding individually in a game than Rice is.
like who? who is available right now who can give the club at least eight years, unless, of course injured? This is the price now. I remember people who said £1m was too much for a player...

ROFLUTION

like who? who is available right now who can give the club at least eight years, unless, of course injured? This is the price now. I remember people who said £1m was too much for a player...
Just because no one great is available doesnt mean Rice at 100m is a good way of spending money.

with around 17 clean sheets and a lack of goals for United, then maybe 100m on attack is better spent surely?

Amadinho is the goat
Scout
Eriksen needs replacing certainly, but Casemiro not yet. They are a reason why we shouldn't be looking at bringing players of a similar age in though. And that means whoever they are in my opinion, not widely shared I know.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Just because no one great is available doesnt mean Rice at 100m is a good way of spending money.

with around 17 clean sheets and a lack of goals for United, then maybe 100m on attack is better spent surely?
Of course we need a striker... but ETH has made it quite clear that he wants to reinforce the midfield. And the 17 clean sheets mean nothing at all: look how many we actually conceded!

saivet

And no one argued he was value for money. It's not even that Rice will cost higher than 80 ( he will be 100 million) but someone calling 80 million offer as derisory is just fecked up.

If you want to play "but what about Maguire" game then check all the great players City, Liverpool signed for much less than 80 million.
Grealish is probably a similar example and cost £100m. Rice is an English player, regular for England, key player for West Ham and their captain. I think £80m being a derisory bid just represents the state of the market (which I agree is fecked).

InfiniteBoredom

Of course we need a striker... but ETH has made it quite clear that he wants to reinforce the midfield. And the 17 clean sheets mean nothing at all: look how many we actually conceded!
17 of those goals came in 3 games.

I dare say that we won’t ship 6 against City, 7 against Pool and 4 against Brentford every season. You add in the Villa and Arse away game then we conceded more than 50% of our total in 5 matches

ROFLUTION

The transferkitty this year does however seem to be around 100-150m so you can only spend 100m once. First things first.

Just score more goals than you let in would be a good start as we’re not bleeding defensively. The poster above me is spot on about this. Score more goals Worked for Real Madrid’s galacticos. With a Kane this year we would’ve been around contenders for the league I believe. Without a 250m of players you probably cant compete with the current City team anyways.

We wont win the league by just purchasing Rice+Mount/Højlund/Watkins neither if thats your argument for blowing a big part of the transferbudget on Rice.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
80 million for Rice is a derogatory offer? TV deal really fecked up any sense of value in PL.
Mad isn't it, the 5 years I thought is quite standard too.

That is an fair offer considering what Bellingham just went for. I have a feeling they're going to back themselves in a corner with this position. I even saw them trying to suggest 75m + Maguire and Mctominay as a fair deal.

dal

Rice for £100 million isn't so stupid, Chelsea could have spent wisely and got him, they may come in for him if they can.

He got great technique and great defensive play and is a warrior and has at least 10 years at the top and over that time the money will be forgotten if he performs. The reason I want him is because he will slowly takeover from Casemiro can partner him and can also be a 4th backup at centreback.

I'd be happy with Mount and Rice for £150 million, I'd consider it decent business. We then just need a striker and we are good to go. All this depends on exits though and I'd rather just have Mount and Striker if signing Rice impacted on a striker.

roonster09

Scout
Mad isn't it, the 5 years I thought is quite standard too.

That is an fair offer considering what Bellingham just went for. I have a feeling they're going to back themselves in a corner with this position. I even saw them trying to suggest 75m + Maguire and Mctominay as a fair deal.
Yeah, it's just mad. I mean at this point we know they won't sell him for 80 million but it's still feck load of money. You can buy any player from other leagues for that money (except the CL clubs in that league).

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
80 million for Rice is a derogatory offer? TV deal really fecked up any sense of value in PL.
Depends how those deals are structured. To West Ham it certainly is if that 80m was spread out in 5 payments of 16m for example. Even two 40m fees is a bit low. I'd expect they'd argue a 50m base fee at least is fair and I'd agree with them. This is a player that is their club captain, an established international player at one of the top nations of the past 4ish years, has just won the Conference League POTS and is about to enter his prime as a footballer. To other clubs he might not be worth that but in terms of what other midfielders are suggested to go for like Caicedo, who is as valuable to Brighton it's not ridiculous for these clubs to value their players as such. Let's not kid ourselves and pretend that Mac Allister wouldn't have gone for more if he didn't have a release clause.

roonster09

Scout
Depends how those deals are structured. To West Ham it certainly is if that 80m was spread out in 5 payments of 16m for example. Even two 40m fees is a bit low. I'd expect they'd argue a 50m base fee at least is fair and I'd agree with them. This is a player that is their club captain, an established international player at one of the top nations of the past 4ish years, has just won the Conference League POTS and is about to enter his prime as a footballer. To other clubs he might not be worth that but in terms of what other midfielders are suggested to go for like Caicedo, who is as valuable to Brighton it's not ridiculous for these clubs to value their players as such. Let's not kid ourselves and pretend that Mac Allister wouldn't have gone for more if he didn't have a release clause.
Arsenal are not paying 50 million as base fee, they are paying 80 million.

Maybe you are saying they should get 50 million upfront and rest in installments, that's fair enough and usually transfers are done in installments (except very few). 80 million in 2 years is not derisory either.

I have already said it few times, Rice wont be sold for 80 million, it will be easily 100+ million, the point i raised is, calling 80 million as derogatory is just ridiculous. That's just 10-20 million short of their reported asking price.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Arsenal are not paying 50 million as base fee, they are paying 80 million.

Maybe you are saying they should get 50 million upfront and rest in installments, that's fair enough and usually transfers are done in installments (except very few). 80 million in 2 years is not derisory either.

I have already said it few times, Rice wont be sold for 80 million, it will be easily 100+ million, the point i raised is, calling 80 million as derogatory is just ridiculous. That's just 10-20 million short of their reported asking price.
Yes. As I said, it depends how the deal is structured. Clubs like West Ham have to be more careful with FFP than clubs like Arsenal and as Rice came through their youth system he will comply with pure profit in terms of that so to want a high initial fee is understandable and hence may be seen derogatory if that initial fee isn't the case such as 16m each season.

yamo123x

I genuinely think Rice wants UTD move i dont buy this talk that he wants to stay in London. He has said in an interview he loves playing at old trafford on 2 seperate occasions, what a magnificent stadium it is etc.
Now we are in champions league and on the rise we must be an attractive propostion for him.

The Shaw comments add fuel to the fire, clearly ETH wants him too and why not, he is just what we need in terms of character and ability. We just cant sit by dormant and watch our rivals snap him up, said the same about Grealish and look what a season he has just had.

croadyman

I genuinely think Rice wants UTD move i dont buy this talk that he wants to stay in London. He has said in an interview he loves playing at old trafford on 2 seperate occasions, what a magnificent stadium it is etc.
Now we are in champions league and on the rise we must be an attractive propostion for him.

The Shaw comments add fuel to the fire, clearly ETH wants him too and why not, he is just what we need in terms of character and ability. We just cant sit by dormant and watch our rivals snap him up, said the same about Grealish and look what a season he has just had.
Not enough noise about this

cyberman

Grealish wasn’t that great this season?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I personally don’t see how Arsenal have this 200 mil+ transfer ability this season.

I think we have more of a chance of spending that than them especially if we get new owners.

I always see Caceido going to Arsenal more likely, even if he isn’t cheaper - Brighton will be a bit easier to deal with the amount of quality they have compared to west ham arguably selling their only one.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with

The Norwegian supporters club do have some sources and they are going with a story that United's England players regularly spoke to Rice throughout the 2021/22 season and expressed a desire to get him to United. Rice is said to have been flattered by the interest.
However, apparantly Rice felt let down by Manchester United when they didn't buy him last summer, and that the 24-year-old has said that he will not trust United again.

Make of that what you want. Seems fishy I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.