Declan Rice | signs for arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Arsenal will get this done
Definitely, no one else is going to pay that amount of cash for him, other teams need to use players in the deal. That will just make it so much harder. Also they've actually made a massive bid, which you wouldn't usually do without a lot of confidence the player wants to join.

JuriM

Grealish wasn’t that great this season?
Grealish was amazing, he started great already in the early part of the season but after Pep switched to the 3-2-4-1 tactic his ability to keep the play wide and be a threat on the left flank alone all the time became vital for City's gameplan. His movement and flanking ability kept the teams guessing and struggling to keep the middle of the park tight.

cyberman

Was about to say, this is the power of PR. 5 goals and 7 assists...
He was nowhere pre World Cup, played well on the leagues return but he didn’t do much for the last few months.
Not saying he was bad or anything but I don’t think he was anything special either

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Grealish was amazing, he started great already in the early part of the season but after Pep switched to the 3-2-4-1 tactic his ability to keep the play wide and be a threat on the left flank alone all the time became vital for City's gameplan. His movement and flanking ability kept the teams guessing and struggling to keep the middle of the park tight.
If he put those performances in for United, we would have called for his head

Hammondo

If he put those performances in for United, we would have called for his head
That's down to a problem with us, not him. There are many world class players who would not have made it at United because of the way we played.

Cassidy

That's down to a problem with us, not him. There are many world class players who would not have made it at United because of the way we played.
We actually played pretty well last season.
He was not amazing, he had a good second half of the season.

Hammondo

We actually played pretty well last season.
He was not amazing, he had a good second half of the season.
I don't see how why is playing quite well is relevant.

If we played well, then by contrast he had a great season.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Not worth the money being suggested for him, Arsenal opening offer is the right amount for him. Would rather have Caicedo for 80m and money left over.

Cassidy

I don't see how why is playing quite well is relevant.

If we played well, then by contrast he had a great season.
You are the one you brought how we played into the equation.
As a team City did yes, individually no I don't think he did. He was good his output wasn't great, let alone amazing

AbusementPark

Which Brighton wouldn't accept.
Never say never, summer window is seen in a different light over the winter one. Players out of contract and not as much panic to get signings in as the winter. Aren’t Chelsea getting him for 80m or is still being negotiated? That’s where I got the figure from

Hammondo

You are the one you brought how we played into the equation.
As a team City did yes, individually no I don't think he did. He was good his output wasn't great, let alone amazing
I did not bring up how well we played, its how we play, and I am not referring to just now, but as far back as I can remember.

Cassidy

I did not bring up how well we played, its how we play, and I am not referring to just now, but as far back as I can remember.
Which is irrelevant under a new regime

Crimson King

Never say never, summer window is seen in a different light over the winter one. Players out of contract and not as much panic to get signings in as the winter. Aren’t Chelsea getting him for 80m or is still being negotiated? That’s where I got the figure from
Has he actually signed for Chelsea or is that just twitter bollocks you've been reading? There's your answer.

Brighton might accept £80m as a starting figure, but more recent reports have suggested they'd want additions that would take it to £100m, at least.

He'd cost just as much, if not more, than Rice.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
The transferkitty this year does however seem to be around 100-150m so you can only spend 100m once. First things first.

Just score more goals than you let in would be a good start as we’re not bleeding defensively. The poster above me is spot on about this. Score more goals Worked for Real Madrid’s galacticos. With a Kane this year we would’ve been around contenders for the league I believe. Without a 250m of players you probably cant compete with the current City team anyways.

We wont win the league by just purchasing Rice+Mount/Højlund/Watkins neither if thats your argument for blowing a big part of the transferbudget on Rice.
I've been calling for us to sign Kane for a long time - doesn't look like we will. I agree that his goals would make us challengers. But I'd also said that my transfer wishes are being based on the Sheikh getting full control of the club. If the glazers stay, we might as well sign you and me... also, I'd rather have Rice than Mount

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
17 of those goals came in 3 games.

I dare say that we won’t ship 6 against City, 7 against Pool and 4 against Brentford every season. You add in the Villa and Arse away game then we conceded more than 50% of our total in 5 matches
That may be true but we the fact is we shipped far too many goals. You could say that some of the clean sheets came against weaker opposition. It's part of the DDG argument rather than the rice one but we still let into too many goals

AbusementPark

Has he actually signed for Chelsea or is that just twitter bollocks you've been reading? There's your answer.

Brighton might accept £80m as a starting figure, but more recent reports have suggested they'd want additions that would take it to £100m, at least.

He'd cost just as much, if not more, than Rice.
It’s all assumptions until something is finalised even you guessing how much he would go for is the same as me saying he will go for £80m no one will know until it’s over. Plus if he did go for £80m plus bonuses they’ll be champions league winning, balon dor type stuff that rarely materialise.

InfiniteBoredom

That may be true but we the fact is we shipped far too many goals. You could say that some of the clean sheets came against weaker opposition. It's part of the DDG argument rather than the rice one but we still let into too many goals
43 is not ‘too many’. It’s not good, definitely for a title contending team, but not catastrophic, the same amount we conceded last time we won the league. The remaining 35 or 33 games include home games against the same teams we conceded loads to too, so the ‘weaker teams’ argument doesn’t fly.

Then you take the nature of those collapses into account where we conceded 4 goals or more in one half, and there’s cause for confidence with our defensive organisation in general. You limit those 3 games to just 2 conceded per game and we end up with the best defensive record at 32 goals. Those are bad losses, but in general when we had our best players playing we were a tough nut to crack.

Our goalscoring is definitely the biggest issue. 58 is piss poor, full stop.

Crimson King

It’s all assumptions until something is finalised even you guessing how much he would go for is the same as me saying he will go for £80m no one will know until it’s over. Plus if he did go for £80m plus bonuses they’ll be champions league winning, balon dor type stuff that rarely materialise.
Not necessarily. Brighton don't seem the type of club to go for those type of clauses.

Much more likely to be grounded in reality, things like appearances, or even just another £20m split over 5 years, etc.

Even so, it's not outside the realm of possibility that Chelsea could win the UCL or EPL in the next 5 years or so, if that were a clause.

DJBillRemfry

Supports
West Ham United
West Ham will be very comfortable with no one meeting their price, and Rice will not be that bothered.

A 12 month wait in the hope that Chelsea get their act together - the long time preference - won't hurt anyone.

West Ham's change of ownership should be fully completed by then, maybe even this window.

Nori-

We probably can't afford him with the current owners and there priority positions, but I say we throw a cheeky bid in to force the price up.

Only problem is if they accept we're fecked :lol:

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
West Ham will be very comfortable with no one meeting their price, and Rice will not be that bothered.

A 12 month wait in the hope that Chelsea get their act together - the long time preference - won't hurt anyone.

West Ham's change of ownership should be fully completed by then, maybe even this window.
Well maybe except for the fact your owner said 2 weeks ago Rice is leaving this window.

DJBillRemfry

Supports
West Ham United
Well maybe except for the fact your owner said 2 weeks ago Rice is leaving this window.
Taking Sullivan's word at face value is something for the brave.

He ain't the owner either - they (him and the late David Gold) sold a considerable share of the club to someone else whose wealth is of an entirely different magnitude so it's a collegiate affair these days. The new man will be wealthier than Kroenke within a year or so at the current trajectory.

MonsieurGooner

Supports
Arsenal

How would waiting 12 months help West Ham? with two years left on his deal they can ask for 100m. With a year left on his deal they will be lucky to get half that.

As for Rice to Chelsea. That ship has sailed. Rice and Chelsea fell out, they offered him rubbish terms on the basis they thought he was desperate to play for them and would accept it. HIs mate Mason also wants out.

This pending Arsenal offer, is the first and last offer over 100m West Ham will ever get for Rice. I hope they know it.

DJBillRemfry

Supports
West Ham United
How would waiting 12 months help West Ham? with two years left on his deal they can ask for 100m. With a year left on his deal they will be lucky to get half that.

As for Rice to Chelsea. That ship has sailed. Rice and Chelsea fell out, they offered him rubbish terms on the basis they thought he was desperate to play for them and would accept it. HIs mate Mason also wants out.

This pending Arsenal offer, is the first and last offer over 100m West Ham will ever get for Rice. I hope they know it.
You're working on the assumption West Ham need the money; they don't.

Arsenal, or any other bidder, have to hit the price - none of this £80m and bonuses for Arsenal winning the CL nonsense.

ForeverRed1

In the United internationals post on their Facebook, they have put a picture of rashford after scoring up .. with rice, of all people. They’re trolling us at this point.

Unless it’s a not so suttle hint…

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Declan Rice is the understudy to Casemiro, De Jong is the primary player to Eriksen :devil:

One this summer, one in the winter or next summer.

Cloud7

You're working on the assumption West Ham need the money; they don't.

Arsenal, or any other bidder, have to hit the price - none of this £80m and bonuses for Arsenal winning the CL nonsense.
Who is West Ham’s new owner? And does he seem like the Glazer type of owner or the good type?

RedStarUnited

People are talking about Saudi money. a 14th placed PL team is asking for 100m for a defensive midfielder with zero CL experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.