Moises Caicedo | Signs for Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_toad

I can see the Roy Keane comparisons with his rounded skillset. I wonder what his mentality is like. If he’s anything like Valencia we may have a very special player on our hands.
He’s nothing like Keane apart from being a midfielder. Reminds me more of Djemba-Djemba, let’s hope he ends up better then him.

Dante

Average bang
I'm tempering my excitement with the fact that Antonio Valencia also played as an central attacking midfielder for the Ecuador national team. It's a decent measure of all-round ability, but not proof of the potential top quality we need in that position.

But for such a small fee, I think it's great business for United either way. I can't see any downside.

Tallis

Good to see the club scouting and acquiring good young talents.

I think the key question would be whether we need to sign an established mid fielder in the summer or are we going to trust him to make the role his own next season and as such don’t sign another midfielder. My preference would be for us to sign another midfielder when Pogba leaves and let Caicedo have a little time to acclimatise and develop.

red thru&thru

This seems like a direct replacement for Jude Bellingham on our transfer list. I'm guessing we will utilise Moises where we play Pogba. I truly believe Pogba would have gone if we had got Jude...so it seems that Moises will be that person.

But of course that is pure opinion on my behalf and Moises is the long term replacement for Matic.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
In my opinion United needs Kimmich type of midfielder who is intelligent, can do both defense and playmaking. This guy seems to be in the category. Anyway, I’m buzzing with this signing, 19 years old already set regular spot of midfield in international and helped his national team to beat Uruguay and Colombia is something very promising. He has high ambition as well.

diarm

The work permit works on a point based system, think its 15 points and you're in.

Good think Arsenal don't need a work permit
:lol:

This didn't get anywhere near the reaction it deserved!

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
That Reddit post is exciting! I didn’t realise he had international experience, sounds like he’s Pogbas replacement to be honest, but would love if he was a deep lying player who can nit play well and win the ball back and get around.

Danillaco

The del Valle destruction of Flamengo, current Libertadores champions, (5x0) at Ecuador was amazing to see. And Caicedo scored the first goal. This guy is class, and even though the guy said his games don't revolve around physical attributes, does not hurt he's gifted in that sense.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
How quick is he? And how injury prone?
So many questions :lol:

Watch the video bro and judge for yourself how much ground he eats up. As for injury prone;there's nothing coming out re that. Might be different to the class of defenders we have in the PL who will give him a 'reducer' as soon as they realise how good he is. Thing is he needs to do the same back

Adamsk7

Our youth recruitment has me genuinely excited about the direction of the club

MrBrightside1989

Bring him in now, have 6 months to settle and learn from Bruno, Matic etc and be good to go in the summer.

11reds

I have seen the videos of him and he looks impressive and I like that we are giving a chance to a player like him rather than been held over a barrel for a player with one season under their belt in another European league.

Has anyone connected with the club said anything on the Caicedo transfer speculation? I didn't hear any mention by Paul Scholes or Robbie Savage or in Oles post match press conference.

I really like the youth players we are buying not all will work out but it shows more vision by the club in its transfer activity.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He has all the attributes to be the player that will help us transition play smoothly from the back according to regular observers of the player. He's also mobile and has great ground coverage along with a high footballing IQ which is something we clearly lack.

All the above are traits described by regular observers of the player and he's already performed against some of the world's best playing for Ecuador displaying maturity beyond his years.

If we do end up signing him, then I personally hope we give the player the time to make one of the two roles in the double pivot his own rather than throw more money away.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I have seen the videos of him and he looks impressive and I like that we are giving a chance to a player like him rather than been held over a barrel for a player with one season under their belt in another European league.

Has anyone connected with the club said anything on the Caicedo transfer speculation? I didn't hear any mention by Paul Scholes or Robbie Savage or in Oles post match press conference.

I really like the youth players we are buying not all will work out but it shows more vision by the club in its transfer activity.
Why would they comment on something they really have no knowledge of?

Ole will never comment on other club’s players till it’s sealed. Pointless to even broach the subject

Crashoutcassius

I have to say I like the look of him

There is a lot being made of how good on the ball he is, but the reality is coming the level he plays at we have no clue if he can stand up to a premiership press

fortunately the way we play you don't need to, as fred certainly can't and is one of the leagues most effective midfielders. and if he can develop the ability to do so then we will have an extra weapon

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I have to say I like the look of him

There is a lot being made of how good on the ball he is, but the reality is coming the level he plays at we have no clue if he can stand up to a premiership press
Given his age and the fact he is going to have to adapt to a new country / culture and pace of football I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the u23 with pellestri

Will be interesting to see if they see him as somebody ready for first team football or if he might be loaned out next season like Levitt and garner

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Given his age and the fact he is going to have to adapt to a new country / culture and pace of football I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the u23 with pellestri

Will be interesting to see if they see him as somebody ready for first team football or if he might be loaned out next season like Levitt and garner
Don't you think he's ready for first team football when he's displayed a very good level of performance against Lionel Messi who IMO is the best player in the world?

He's also (according to Regular observers of the player) dominated a Uruguay midfield consisting of Bentacur and Valverde. This kid is already performing against top level players and from what i've read, he has total trust of his coach in carrying out very difficult tasks against top level players.

I do agree though that he'll be afforded time to adapt to the pace of the game and new surroundings.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Don't you think he's ready for first team football when he's displayed a very good level of performance against Lionel Messi who IMO is the best player in the world?

He's also (according to Regular observers of the player) dominated a Uruguay midfield consisting of Bentacur and Valverde. This kid is already performing against top level players and from what i've read, he has total trust of his coach in carrying out very difficult tasks against top level players.

I do agree though that he'll be afforded time to adapt to the pace of the game and new surroundings.
I'll be honest... ive seen a few YouTube clips and some stats saying he's played less than a full.seasons worth of games and a handful of international games (I suspect most of us have seen the same)

If he does play for the first team I suspect at least at first it will be from the bench or in uefa games

I'd be pleasantly surprised if he came in and started 10 Premier league games for us this season ... i hope pellestri gets some games and diallo as well but again it would be a pleasant surprise if either made a real claim for starting most premier league games for the rest of the season

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'll be honest... ive seen a few YouTube clips and some stats saying he's played less than a full.seasons worth of games and a handful of international games (I suspect most of us have seen the same)

If he does play for the first team I suspect at least at first it will be from the bench or in uefa games

I'd be pleasantly surprised if he came in and started 10 Premier league games for us this season ... i hope pellestri gets some games and diallo as well but again it would be a pleasant surprise if either made a real claim for starting most premier league games for the rest of the season
That's fair enough mate and is what I expect too..

Holters

I agree, but out of the three, there is no question that Caicedo seems to be the one "most ready" for the first team. Palestri and Diallo still have that "junior player" look to them. However, it is normally easier to give minutes to attacking players than to bed in a number 6 or number 8. Only one thing is certain, and that is all of them will need time to adapt to a new culture, language and the Premier League.

Valencia Shin Crosses

It is part of the fabric of the club but we had lost that for a while.
Agree, and I’m of the opinion that it is our best shot at regaining our dominance under the Glazers. They’ve shown countless times that we won’t just buy players to improve the squad if the team is already making money. So we are better off trying to find more Greenwood’s and Rashfords than buying them for huge fees

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Agree, and I’m of the opinion that it is our best shot at regaining our dominance under the Glazers. They’ve shown countless times that we won’t just buy players to improve the squad if the team is already making money. So we are better off trying to find more Greenwood’s and Rashfords than buying them for huge fees
Yeap. Its part of the culture re-set that Ole had talked about at the start.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
We will find out in a few days time to see if all this is Caicedo's agent generating the noise or if United is actually interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.