Moises Caicedo | Signs for Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Players from Ecuador traditionally move for prices that would appear’cheap’ to us but 4-5 million is huge and will keep them afloat for ages.
I would think there will be various add-ons inserted within the contract.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I would think there will be various add-ons inserted within the contract.
It’s already been reported that a sell on percentage has been agreed.

The legal side that has been alluded to many times is the work permit

Okey

It’s already been reported that a sell on percentage has been agreed.

The legal side that has been alluded to many times is the work permit
We won't ever sell! He'll turn out a cult hero then legend and play out the rest of his career here. Sorry IDV.

Alemar

U23's till summer do we think? That's assuming the deal goes through.
Of course not, he would not join in this case.
Get it right, the guy is already in the starting XI of his senior national team.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Get it right, the guy is already in the starting XI of his senior national team.
I would be hugely shocked if he's playing or on the bench most weeks before next season. A huge culture shock and huge step up from the league he's used to.

He's not going to pick this kid ahead of likes of Matic, Fred or Mctomminay this season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You don't walk in from Ecuador to starting a premier league match.

Look at how long it took Fred to adjust and he was playing for Brazil!

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
You don't walk in from Ecuador to starting a premier league match.

Look at how long it took Fred to adjust and he was playing for Brazil!
You can’t talk like that on here! Amad is already the best right winger in Europe and Moses the best DM in the league. I very much like the look of Caceido and love these type of signings but the tempo in these YouTube videos is like something you’d find up the local park! Of course he’ll need time to settle in.

Hoof the ball

For those that watch South American (and Argentinian) football what can you tell me about Jorge Carrascal? He looks prodigiously talented in the mould of the classic no.10 with superb dribbling, first touch, weight of pass, and decision-making.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We actually have no idea how quickly he will be integrated into the team if we end up signing him. He's a far bigger talent than Fred was according to regular observers of South American football and has already not looked out of place against the greatest footballer I've ever seen in my life time (Messi) whilst playing for his country. If we do sign him then I believe he will be given opportunities and if the early impressions are good then he will play more than people think.

And according to Andy Mitten via podcast, people he spoke to in Ukraine were surprised we would want to sign Fred because they thought he wasn't good enough to elevate us to the level the club aspired to be at.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
We actually have no idea how quickly he will be integrated into the team if we end up signing him. He's a far bigger talent than Fred was according to regular observers of South American football and has already not looked out of place against the greatest footballer I've ever seen in my life time (Messi) whilst playing for his country. If we do sign him then I believe he will be given opportunities and if the early impressions are good then he will play more than people think.

And according to Andy Mitten via podcast, people he spoke to in Ukraine were surprised we would want to sign Fred because they thought he wasn't good enough to elevate us to the level the club aspired to be at.
Has Mitten said we’re after him?

NYAS

For those that watch South American (and Argentinian) football what can you tell me about Jorge Carrascal? He looks prodigiously talented in the mould of the classic no.10 with superb dribbling, first touch, weight of pass, and decision-making.

He’s pretty good, he plays like a winger though if that makes sense. They call him the Colombian Neymar; he has forced his way into the River Plate starting 11 in the last few weeks, which is a very strong squad for South America, after being mostly a bench player earlier in the year.

He’s very inconsistent though and can be pretty wasteful. He will probably be back in Europe soon but I don’t think it’ll be at the very highest level.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Yeah, I don't get it either. This guy is a DM, no? Does he dye his hair in strange and wonderful ways, or something?
Maybe you should have read these:

Discovered at thirteen in Santo Domingo, Ecuador’s fourth biggest city, by South America’s best run club, Independiente del Valle, Caicedo is an immensely promising talent with just a handful of professional appearances to his name.

Proven to be capable of playing defensive midfield or centre midfield so far in his career, there is also a potential for him to play as centre back or as a libero such is his intelligence with positioning and range of passing as well as being capable of dribbling with the ball too.

Overview of Moises Caicedo (From an Ecuadorian who has watched him for a while)

Hey all, it seems like the diamond of Ecuador is joining the Red Devils so I thought I’d give an overview of him, being that I’m a fan of the club he’s currently at and have watched him for a while.

Caicedo’s original position is lone DM, this is what he has played since his academy days. Independiente Del Valle (his current club) always plays a 4-3-3 and he was the Sergio Busquets of the team.

Starting in March, he moved from the u20s to the senior team at our club. Here, he’s played as box to box in most games (which is why you see him pushing up a lot in his highlight vids). He has also played in his original lone DM position, and he has even played CB a few games. He’s shined in all these positions.
Needless to say he is extremely versatile. He has great long passes,great tackling, a good shot from long distance. If United want him to sit back in the midfield while Pogba and Fernandes go up, he will do that. If Pogba leaves and United want him to replace him and go forward, he will shine. If all of United's Cbs catch covid (God forbid) and they need a CB, he will step up. However, what makes him great is his decision making, vision and composure. His game is based around football iq, not physics stats. This is why I believe he will adapt anywhere he goes and is something you can’t really see in a highlight video. He is a conductor leading his orchestra.
Now in regards to what role he will have at United: In my opinion, it doesn’t make sense to put him in the U23 squad. Caicedo won everything at the u20 level (league title, Copa Libertadores), he is now a full international for the Ecuador national team that has dominated World Cup qualifying so far. And Moises Caicedo is among the most important players in the squad. In 4 games, he has 1 goal and 3 assists against the likes of Uruguay and Colombia whom he stole the show against. This is the Uruguay who has Betancur and Valverde in the midfield, and a Colombia with James Rodriguez and Cuadrado. He DEBUTED for the national team against a Messi lead Argentina (AT ARGENTINA) and shined in the second half. The kid is ready for prime time. This is not Pellistri who has only played in his local league, or Diallo who has 40 minutes of Senior football (both are still talented players, but Moises is more developed).
I think he should play all cup/ Europa league games and should definitely be getting PL minutes.
Hopefully that answers some questions that people have on Caicedo. I’m happy that he’s going to United, though not too happy about the price tag haha. I thought we’d get double that amount to be honest. If you guys have any questions, ask away !

So NO he's not only a DM.

And it's still my opinion that his appearance physically resembles Pogs.

Hanky panky

A poster a few pages back quoted the country's record sale fee as not much more. Think that fee is a lot to selling club and 20% sell-on fee could be worth a lot.
Ok. Makes more sense then. Thought their record sale still could be 10M+, even it is not the richest league in South America or even near that.

Ekeke

From watching the Ecuador Vs. Uraguay match, where he played against Bentancur and Valverde amongst others in the midfield the impression he gave me was that he was somewhere between Fred and Pogba in the DM role.

He was bright and creative, playing long progressive passes with both feet to get his team making things happen in perhaps a Pogba way. And he was strong in his ball winning challenges coming away with the ball, better than Pogba or Fred in that department.

He didnt have Pogba's technique and he didn't press with the work ethic of Fred, but it was an impressive performance from a young man

From that one performance he looks like a very good ball winner who wants to find some positive and creative passes going forward and not just pass side to side

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Seems to be exactly the type of player we should be after. Between him, Pellistri and Diallo I feel our transfer policy is where it should be, stacking up on talent before they emerge at recognized European clubs. More often than not they will not work out and will not have a long career here but if we can hit 1 in 4 as a squad player and 1 in 8-10 as a key player that would already be good enough.

MetoTTT

Seems to be exactly the type of player we should be after. Between him, Pellistri and Diallo I feel our transfer policy is where it should be, stacking up on talent before they emerge at recognized European clubs. More often than not they will not work out and will not have a long career here but if we can hit 1 in 4 as a squad player and 1 in 8-10 as a key player that would already be good enough.
Agreed. Add some structure, competent board, scouting system and maybe a better manager later at the club and we'll be a factor again. If we can add the Lille's DOF/ chief scout or another competent person (VDS, Leonardo?) I'll be delighted.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Agreed. Add some structure, competent board, scouting system and maybe a better manager later at the club and we'll be a factor again. If we can add the Lille's DOF/ chief scout or another competent person (VDS, Leonardo?) I'll be delighted.
It's only because of Ole's 'cultural reset' strategy, which includes a proactive youth strategy, that we are buying such players.

Be careful what you ask for as a new manager like Moyes or Mourinho may not have the same appetite or accept such constraints.

RUCK4444

It's only because of Ole's 'cultural reset' strategy, which includes a proactive youth strategy, that we are buying such players.

Be careful what you ask for as a new manager like Moyes or Mourinho may not have the same appetite or accept such constraints.
Indeed. We are doing well with youngsters, Ole gets that part of our DNA and knows it’s importance.

Managers like Mourinho couldn’t give a shite, with short term signings, we have a bigger picture now that includes youth again and this forms part of the progress we are making imo.

TsuWave

I'm a sucker for these types of players. One minute in I saw a few step overs and I'm sold :drool: Have not even watched the rest of the video. Good thing I'll never come close to running United. I'd be loading the club with a bunch of Denilsons and Robinhos :lol:

edit - elastico at minute mark 1:50. this guy might be it :drool:

wolvored

Reports coming out now that the Utd have had no contact with Caicedo's club regarding a transfer.

Alemar

You don't walk in from Ecuador to starting a premier league match
Of course you do, if you are a good enough player.

Besides, what we need is a player who can play for the team now. If Caicedo is not ready, don’t buy him, If he is ready - play him. It’s quite simple

Danillaco

From watching the Ecuador Vs. Uraguay match, where he played against Bentancur and Valverde amongst others in the midfield the impression he gave me was that he was somewhere between Fred and Pogba in the DM role.

He was bright and creative, playing long progressive passes with both feet to get his team making things happen in perhaps a Pogba way. And he was strong in his ball winning challenges coming away with the ball, better than Pogba or Fred in that department.

He didnt have Pogba's technique and he didn't press with the work ethic of Fred, but it was an impressive performance from a young man

From that one performance he looks like a very good ball winner who wants to find some positive and creative passes going forward and not just pass side to side
I'm just glad that he does not press like Pogba and passes like Fred.

Status
Not open for further replies.