Moises Caicedo | Signs for Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Average bang
Again, that's your personal opinion about Romano which irrelevant to Caicedo's transfer so I don't want to talk about something irrelevant here. As long as it's related to Caicedo's transfer, people have right to post it unless if the source is banned from Red Cafe or the information is a lie.
Don't take it personally. I'm not criticising you, I'm questioning the quality of reporting from Fabrizio Romano and how it might (or might not) support the broader narrative of this thread. If we can't do that, there's no point in the discussion.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Don't take it so personally. I'm not criticising you, I'm questioning the quality of reporting from Fabrizio Romano and how it might (or might not) support the broader narrative of this thread.
You wasted my time talking something irrelevant, that's the personal thing I have with you. Just leave me alone and don't get me involved with your personal issue and opinion with Romano. I copied paste the tweet from Red Cafe forum Transfer Tweet, if you have problem with it then you have problem with Red Cafe, we can't keep arguing about something irrelevant with this thread mate.

Dante

Average bang
You wasted my time talking something irrelevant, that's the personal thing I have with you. Just leave me alone and don't get me involved with your personal issue and opinion with Romano. I copied paste the tweet from Red Cafe forum Transfer Tweet, if you have problem with it then you have problem with Red Cafe.
If it makes you feel better, imagine that my post is directed at Romano rather than yourself. Again, it wasn't a criticism of you.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think the work permit and moving to Manchester will be the hold up assuming Castillo is correct. The work permit especially.
I'm guessing due to covid, the work permit process might take longer than what it normally does.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If it makes you feel better, imagine that my post is directed at Romano rather than yourself. Again, it wasn't a criticism of you.
Again. Stop talking something irrelevant. All I want in here is not talking about Romano or myself, I just want to talk about Caicedo and anything to do with Caicedo's transfer saga not your personal issue/opinion with Romano, go make your own thread.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He liked this picture of Ole and Bailly which was taken in the minutes after the full-time whistle against Villa. I think it's him..

And this was the last update by the Ecuadorian journo, Castillo..

So if he's correct then the player is spending time with his family after the Ecuadorian season came to a conclusion in December. So it seems he's on his holidays after a long season which began in February.
He has a big family too -- 10 brothers? Imagine the logistics of bringing over that many people or at least a few of them?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm guessing due to covid, the work permit process might take longer than what it normally does.
There's probably gonna be delays due to Covid, but if he has 10 brothers aswell like @sglowrider mentioned above, then I think getting a few of his brothers/family members over here will also likely delay things.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
https://www.unitedinfocus.com/news/...s a central,Independient del Valle until 2024.

1) Caicedo is 19-years-old and is a senior Ecuador international already, with four caps and one goal, plus three assists.

2) Caicedo made his professional debut as a 17-year-old in Ecuador’s top flight.

3) He made his Copa Libertadores earlier this year. Caicedo has scored two goals and provided one assist in six matches in the competition.

4) Caicedo is a central midfielder, but grew up idolising former United captain and countryman Antonio Valencia, Goal.com report.

5) He is under contract at Independient del Valle until 2024.

6) Caicedo comes from a big family. He has 10 siblings and 25 nephews, Marca report.

He told El Canal del Futbol: “My dream is to play for Manchester United.”

He was quoted by The Star: “I really like the games of N’Golo Kante and Paul Pogba, I learn a lot from them every time I see them. I always try to do what they do.”

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
There's probably gonna be delays due to Covid, but if he has 10 brothers aswell like @sglowrider mentioned above, then I think getting a few of his brothers/family members over here will also likely delay things.
The brothers can join him later, not big deal. The transfer should be sorted out first and his visa.

red thru&thru

I very much doubt that Romano has close links to either Norwich or Ecuador. There are a finite number of relationships a journalist can nurture during his professional career, and obscure ones like these don't make sense for someone who's based in Italy and who focuses on major football clubs.

This tweet reads like he's aggregating news from primary sources like Castillo and Mokbel. There's no new information here because there's no new information from the reporters he's knocking off but failing to credit.
This.

red thru&thru

I think the work permit and moving to Manchester will be the hold up assuming Castillo is correct. The work permit especially.
Yeah and if a transfer has finally been agreed, finding him somewhere to live and be in the confines of United's bubble...especially if he is bringing family along with him. And being the holiday period over here, a lot of people/businesses who may need to be touched upon for transfers, may still be on their jollies.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
What's the normal transfer hold ups and relocating mean?

FFS the brexit issue!!
One would assume that moving from South America to England involves relocating. One would also assume that the kid isn't arriving on his own like some WW2 evacuee with a small suitcase and a brown luggage tag round his neck, and there may be a responsible adult travelling with him which would also mean additional paperwork

reelworld

One would assume that moving from South America to England involves relocating. One would also assume that the kid isn't arriving on his own like some WW2 evacuee with a small suitcase and a brown luggage tag round his neck, and there may be a responsible adult travelling with him which would also mean additional paperwork
Yeah, people who wanted this transfer to be concluded yesterday seems doesn't have a clue about moving halfway around the world as a teenager.

I assume he'll want to bring his parents and some of his brothers with him to Manchester to help him settle in. It's better for United anyway. The more the kid feels at home, he'll played better too

Red_toad

The brothers can join him later, not big deal. The transfer should be sorted out first and his visa.
? Being related to a visa holder doesn’t mean you can go live with them, unless they’re all married to him. So it’s more like he wants to spend time with them as he isn’t going to see them for some time once he’s in England.

Red_toad

Yeah, people who wanted this transfer to be concluded yesterday seems doesn't have a clue about moving halfway around the world as a teenager.

I assume he'll want to bring his parents and some of his brothers with him to Manchester to help him settle in. It's better for United anyway. The more the kid feels at home, he'll played better too
Employment visa won’t allow you to bring your parents, nor brothers, nor sister. He’s an adult. At best they may got a holiday visa...

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
? Being related to a visa holder doesn’t mean you can go live with them, unless they’re all married to him. So it’s more like he wants to spend time with them as he isn’t going to see them for some time once he’s in England.
Cousin no but brother should be yes right?

reelworld

Employment visa won’t allow you to bring your parents, nor brothers, nor sister. He’s an adult. At best they may got a holiday visa...
Holiday visa would need to be applied and all. And United would need to help him for those applications.
You could stay with holiday visa up to 6 months I believe. That's a good time to help him settled in

Red_toad

Holiday visa would need to be applied and all. And United would need to help him for those applications.
You could stay with holiday visa up to 6 months I believe. That's a good time to help him settled in
Are the uk issuing holiday visa’s right now? I’ve no idea as I don’t live there, but I know that you can’t just move there if you‘re a none uk citizen, unless you obtain a visa of some sort.
Guy is 19, not 12, I’m sure he’ll be fine, plenty of support from Inside the club, lots of players around his own age to help him settle.

Alemar

Guy is 19, not 12, I’m sure he’ll be fine, plenty of support from Inside the club, lots of players around his own age to help him settle.
That’s the thing. It’s a very big club, essentially all Caicedo has to focus on is training and playing, rest may be handled via a club or at least with the help of club’s infrastructure

DRM

How do you pronounce his first name?

Is it "Moe - sis", or
Is it "Mo-ah-sis"

red thru&thru

Are the uk issuing holiday visa’s right now? I’ve no idea as I don’t live there, but I know that you can’t just move there if you‘re a none uk citizen, unless you obtain a visa of some sort.
So, moving to a Totally different continent and country, probably for the first time in his life, he should be okay?

You forget he's moving from a sunny climate country to one that is quite miserable compared to Ecuador. The food is different, the language is different, the people are different. Not quite that easy.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Wonder how he chooses? Rock,paper,scissors or a fight to the death perhaps

Status
Not open for further replies.