Moises Caicedo | Signs for Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

So after all that he’s going to Chelsea...
That will be pretty gutting but then one of his idols is Kante so perhaps there is something in it, had hoped that maybe this would be like Bruno and we still get the deal done at the end of the window but now got bad feelings he is going elsewhere

Nero

I fully expect him to move to some second rate European team. Seen it a million times before.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Never wanted him anyway. Those compilations were nothing special. I’m a terrible footballer but if cameras were on me for 30 games I’d provide you with just about enough content to make a quality 10 min compilation.

kirk buttercup

So I take it nothing has happend with a player most ( Including me ) didnt know much about a couple of weeks ago and now he is signing for someone else and is going to be a world beater by the end of The month . And Ed has to go ,we need To get a DoF ,and Ole is a clueless PE teacher ? Im I doing it right?

cant wait for rhe tweets in the next few days . I will roll the Dice, I say he signs for us and we see very little of him this season .

croadyman

So I take it nothing has happend with a player most ( Including me ) didnt know much about a couple of weeks ago and now he is signing for someone else and is going to be a world beater by the end of The month . And Ed has to go ,we need To get a DoF ,and Ole is a clueless PE teacher ? Im I doing it right?

cant wait for rhe tweets in the next few days . I will roll the Dice, I say he signs for us and we see very little of him this season .
Well if we can least get this over the line then doesn't matter if we don't see much of him, at the end of the day it's a low fee and once we are through the red tape there shouldn't be anything else to think about

Scholsey2004

When Pogba and Matic are gone Fred will be our only midfielder who isn't right-sided. Half our midfielders are be either left footed or two footed which would be a remarkable statistic to happen by accident so there's obviously an ongoing effort to balance the side going on. Perhaps because Caicedo is right footed like McTominay, Fernandes, van de Beek and Mejbri the management decided he wasn't the ideal fit right now so didn't push for it?

lRed

I don't understand that interest to be honest.
We have Garner and Levitt who will come back stronger and more experienced and I thought we were mored interested in Declan Rice and Kalvin Phillips, more proven in England and reliable.

If we sign that Caicedo I hope it will be a good call from the staff.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We have Garner and Levitt who will come back stronger and more experienced and I thought we were mored interested in Declan Rice and Kalvin Phillips, more proven in England and reliable.

Levitt's barely played since he went to Charlton and Garner can't get in the team under the new manager, be a bit risky from our perspective not to sign a talented midfielder because of that. I'm sure we are interested in Rice but word on the street is that he's going to Chelsea.

SAFMUTD

Garner and specially Levitt have not looked specially good on their loans, in addition there's no such thing as having way too many promising youngsters. The probability they make it big is really low so the more the merrier.

Declan Rice and Kalvin Philips would cost around 10 times more so not really a fair comparison is it?

This kid is special, he's the south american version of Bellingham, for the 5M quoted he's a steal. We are lucky Independiente del Valle is not a top team, if he played for Boca Jrs, River, Flamengo, etc he would cost 25-30M at least.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Castillo saying he's far from going to The MLS.

I personally wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at a stepping stone club like RB Salzburg or Leipzig.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

I think he's saying that Atlanta United's offer for Caicedo is the best one yet but they will find it extremely difficult to ward off a historic giant like Manchester United.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I do think we're interested and are trying to sign him. James Ducker wouldn't report our interest otherwise. But it seems there's other clubs in the mix who are willing to pay more but the player having a prefence to play for us hence journos like Romano saying we control the situation.

Tallis

Seems like we are dragging our feet or being too difficult in contract negotiations and they are no using interest from other clubs to move us along ?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
It’s not every day I can get excited about my “local” team in the transfer forum!

Let us have him for a few years and then we’ll send him over.

forevrared

As part of the Caf Atlanta United contingent, I’d be delighted if he signed for Atlanta before moving to United.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
WOW Utd just letting him go to a team in the MLS when he is so cheap and wants to join us is mad
Well if his own quotes are to be believed then he wanted experience elsewhere before joining us.
Fun while it lasted

Inigo Montoya

Castillo saying he's far from going to The MLS.

I personally wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at a stepping stone club like RB Salzburg or Leipzig.
He can transition better in the USA : language other SA players there

cyberman

WOW Utd just letting him go to a team in the MLS when he is so cheap and wants to join us is mad
Or maybe we dont want him that bad? This is another weird example where we hype a transfer link up so much even though 99 percent of us have never seen him play.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't get people being scared of Chelsea.

If he says himself he wants to play for man united, but wants a stepping stone club first - why would he then join Chelsea who have just as much competition in midfield as we do? doesn't make any sense.

He'll probably end up at a 2nd tier club where he can play regularly like Monaco / Porto / Sevilla etc.

Judas

Open to offers
We have Garner and Levitt who will come back stronger and more experienced
and I thought we were mored interested in Declan Rice and Kalvin Phillips, more proven in England and reliable.

:lol: such a classic Caf post. Actually feel like this type of "but we've got these academy lads, we don't need new signings!" are dying out a bit.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Part of the reason I was liking the deal was because it looked easy and he seemed interested moving whilst being a good young player - if that's turning around and there is talks of other clubs to compete with our signature or just even to develop then personally I'm not that bothered about him anymore.

Let's just talk about other CDM too if he likes hearing that stuff.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Apparently the club have gone from asking for €8m to €10m over night and there's multiple people claiming to represent him so United are trying to work out who they actually have to deal with.
I had said that a week ago. Increase in price, the old bait & switch, and now multiple agents.

In time we will find out that there is 3rd party ownership. And Woodward will find out that their whole new world strategy of getting young talent from far-flung countries isn't as straightforward as in the past.

You can switch out Woodward and insert Boris on a macro scale.

SATA

We should walk away from this deal and from his entourage if we find them dodgy, or take our time to sort this out to the summer if needed. Because do we really need him now this season with only five to six months left? I really doubt so

Inigo Montoya

I had said that a week ago. Increase in price, the old bait & switch, and now multiple agents.

In time we will find out that there is 3rd party ownership. And Woodward will find out that their whole new world strategy of getting young talent from far-flung countries isn't as straightforward as in the past.

You can switch out Woodward and insert Boris on a macro scale.
When it starts getting this complicated Woody implodes

Status
Not open for further replies.