Moises Caicedo | Signs for Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
A few thousand here and there would go a long way among agents in Ecuador. Though it’s not the poorest country in SA it’s still in the top group
I don't disagree but these guys smell big money, like a few hundred thousand here and there, and with that the deal gets costlier and the risk increases. Better to weed out the pretenders first.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The second tweet below that is even worse news. If we want to wait to see how he develops, why not just buy him and loan him out. And how are these other clubs with presumably lesser resources than us sorting out who his reps are faster.
The Ecuadorian media, at the moment, are only reporting that clubs like Atlanta United and Everton are now actively negotiating with Independient del Valle for Caicedo. With United, we need to keep in mind how we typically negotiate transfers nowadays.

United first try to get everything sorted with the player before sorting things out with the club (via the player's reps as our reps). Since we're still in the first part of the process, there's no way we've even prepared an offer for Caicedo at this time. It seems that both Everton and Atlanta United are trying to negotiate with the club before they sort out personal terms.

SAFMUTD

Atlanta United are looking serious in bringing Caicedo in.

For those who aren't familiar with the MLS roster rules, this means that Atlanta United will look to make Caicedo one of their 3 highest-earning players. DPs in MLS typically earn more than ~$2 million per year, so he's going to get a big paycheck from them.
Being serious an MLS team can't compete with us. Sure they can pay him more than what we are willing to at this time but in the long run he can make way much more money in europe than in the MLS, also if a player at his age preffers to play in the MLS rather than europe, let alone ManUtd then he's really fecked up and we should stay clear.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Being serious an MLS team can't compete with us. Sure they can pay him more than what we are willing to at this time but in the long run he can make way much more money in europe than in the MLS, also if a player at his age preffers to play in the MLS rather than europe, let alone ManUtd then he's really fecked up and we should stay clear.
For sure, but DP money could make a player like Caicedo earn more than many Premier League footballers. Atlanta United aren't afraid of spending big money on younger players if they really want to in order to deter the European competition.

BlahRules

Initially I thought Utd were dragging this out until the last week of the window so they could say we didn't have time to sign anyone else, however after reading this stuff it seems clear that who represents him is very confusing and we are right to take our time and look into everything properly.
Why don't they just asked the player himself who is representing you or the club?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Guess we're biding our time for them to accept an offer from a smaller club so we know the price, rather than them thinking "oh, its Manchester United, let's add £10m" etc.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Guess we're biding our time for them to accept an offer from a smaller club so we know the price, rather than them thinking "oh, its Manchester United, let's add £10m" etc.
i think utd and chelsea's name has been thrown into the mix by an agent somewhere and its total nonsense. He'll end up at that MLS side or a lesser side, where he will play regular , and use them as a stepping stone

Red00012

I don't understand that interest to be honest.
We have Garner and Levitt who will come back stronger and more experienced and I thought we were mored interested in Declan Rice and Kalvin Phillips, more proven in England and reliable.

If we sign that Caicedo I hope it will be a good call from the staff.
Levitt can’t get a game with a League 1 team pal.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
i think utd and chelsea's name has been thrown into the mix by an agent somewhere and its total nonsense. He'll end up at that MLS side or a lesser side, where he will play regular , and use them as a stepping stone
I think Chelsea's name has but not United's because the likes of James Ducker, Paul Hirst, Dawson, Luckhurst, Whitwell etc have all reported our interest in signing the player.

peridigm

It could be there is no interest from us and they want to up the players profile by linking him to United.
Or, there is no interest from other clubs and they're trying to apply pressure on us to get the deal done because they need money.
Anything is possible when we get linked to a player.

Dante

Average bang
Again. Stop talking something irrelevant. All I want in here is not talking about Romano or myself, I just want to talk about Caicedo and anything to do with Caicedo's transfer saga not your personal issue/opinion with Romano, go make your own thread.
The point is to do with the quality of the tweet and how seriously we should take it.

In my opinion, we can't trust Romano for saying that the deal is almost done. Obviously you do trust him and still believe Caicedo is nailed on. That's fair enough.

But I try to be a little less gullible. It's better to have intelligent discussion based on reputable information than to chat shit based on nonsense.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The point is to do with the quality of the tweet and how seriously we should take it.

In my opinion, we can't trust Romano for saying that the deal is almost done. Obviously you do trust him and still believe Caicedo is nailed on. That's fair enough.

But I try to be a little less gullible. It's better to have intelligent discussion based on reputable information than to chat shit based on nonsense.
That’s your opinion about Romano. You are entitled to have your own opinion but your opinion about it is irrelevant to this thread, if you don’t like it then you can agree and disagree and move on rather than making irrelevant topic into long argument in the wrong thread.

0le

Look at the media trying to drum up action in an otherwise extremely dull and boring window. :D

Dante

Average bang
That’s your opinion about Romano. You are entitled to have your own opinion but your opinion is irrelevant to this thread, if you don’t like it then you can agree and disagree and move on rather than making irrelevant topic into debate in the wrong thread.
If he's posting bullshit, it deserves to be called out as such.

It's the most on-topic thing possible to discuss in a transfer thread.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If he's posting bullshit, it deserves to be called out as such. Otherwise, there's no point to the thread.
Prove it! Don’t just keep going circle saying the same shit and offered nothing but your opinion.

Dante

Average bang
Prove it! Don’t just keep going circle saying the same shit and offered nothing but your opinion.
Prove what?

That Romano said nothing new? Because that's obvious when you compare his content to what came from other journalists before him.

Or that Romano was wrong about the club agreement not being a problem? Because that's been debunked by the club itself saying there's been no contact.

All I said was that his tweet added nothing new and that it didn't pass muster as a trustworthy first hand source. That's completely relevant to the thread because it informs the reputability of topic of the discussion.

I don't get why you're so butthurt about this. Romano's fine for Italian news. But not for this story.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
It could be there is no interest from us and they want to up the players profile by linking him to United.
Or, there is no interest from other clubs and they're trying to apply pressure on us to get the deal done because they need money.
Anything is possible when we get linked to a player.
Usually I'd agree, but there's some pretty reliable journalists throwing out name into the ring when they usually wouldn't, my guess is that our interest is real, we're just cautious not to be the cash pinata.

@ZolaWasMagic as above, i think Chelsea were used to put the pressure on United, but I guess we'll never know until the end of Jan.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Prove what?

That Romano said nothing new? Because that's obvious when you compare his content to what came from other journalists before him.

Or that Romano was wrong about the club agreement not being a problem? Because that's been debunked by the club itself saying there's been no contact.

All I said was that his tweet added nothing new and that it didn't pass muster as a trustworthy first hand source. That's completely relevant to the thread because it informs the reputability of the discussion.

I don't get why you're so butthurt about this. Romano's fine for Italian news. But not for this story.
Prove that he talked bullshit. You wasted my feckin time and couldn’t even add just 1% of information to update the news of Caicedo. All I want is news about Caicedo, if you can’t give me that but trying to argue with me about Romano then don’t waste my time because I only care about Caicedo in this thread, other than that is irrelevant.

I have told you already his tweet added something because the previous journalist said it’s 90% without any detail what’s the 90%. I posted Romano‘s tweet to add information what’s the potential of that 90%.

Dante

Average bang
Prove that he talked bullshit. You wasted my feckin time and can’t even add even just 1% of information to update the news of Caicedo. All I want is news about Caicedo, if you can’t give me that but trying to argue with me about Romano then don’t waste my time because I only care about Caicedo in this thread, other than that is irrelevant.

I have told you already his tweet added something because the previous journalist said it’s 90% done without any detail what’s the 90% done. I posted Romano‘s tweet to add information what’s the potential of that 90% done.
Do you believe the tweet is accurate?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I'm asking your opinion. That's the point of a discussion thread.
Irrelevant. All I want here is Caicedo news not debating your and my opinion about Romano. We can’t keep going circle, I asked proof or move on.

Dante

Average bang
Irrelevant. All I want here is Caicedo news not debating your and my opinion about Romano. We can’t keep going circle, I asked proof or move on.
You posted the original tweet. Where's your proof it's true? If you don't have that proof, do you believe the tweet is accurate?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You posted the original tweet. Where's your proof it's true? If you don't have that proof, do you believe the tweet is accurate?
So what’s the proof of other tweets from other journalists and media that have been posted in here? Why you had no argument about those other tweets?

When you call someone bullshit, you prove it wrong not prove the person right. Like criminal, innocent until proven guilty. Stop wasting my time!

Okey

Unless we didn't really want this guy, it would be quite the amazing cock up if we lost out to Atlanta United. Should only take a phone call from a club like ours, with his open admiration. Fergie would have sealed this sat on the crapper!

Dante

Average bang
So what’s the proof of other tweets from other journalists and media that have been posted in here? Why you had no argument about those other tweets?

When you call someone bullshit, you prove it wrong not prove the person right. Like criminal, innocent until proven guilty. Stop wasting my time!
Do you believe the tweet is accurate?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yes. This:

I'm asking your opinion. Do you believe the tweet is accurate?
So you used a restricted Twitter account to prove it’s inaccurate.

As long as I and others have zero proof to call it inaccurate, there is nothing wrong to posted it here.

Dante

Average bang
So you used a restricted Twitter account to prove it’s inaccurate.

As long as I and others have zero proof to call it inaccurate, there is nothing wrong to post it here.
I told you not to take it so personally. You're allowed to post the tweet. Threads like these are about discussing them.

Incidentally, by your own logic, you shouldn't be allowed to question the veracity the tweet. Supposedly, you're supposed to accept it without question (though I personally don't mind if you do). But your hypocrisy aside...

I'm asking your opinion. Do you believe it's accurate?

SAFMUTD

For sure, but DP money could make a player like Caicedo earn more than many Premier League footballers. Atlanta United aren't afraid of spending big money on younger players if they really want to in order to deter the European competition.
More than many average Premier League players, but top earners have much higher wages. While in the MLS that be pretty much his ceiling, also MLS level is really low if he has the ambition to make it big he won't even waste time looking at that option and will choose Europe without hesitantion.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
No disrespect to the MLS but if he wants to go the stepping stone route then I would think a European club like Salzburg or Leipzig would be better for him. Higher standard of football and better tactically which would better aid his development.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I told you not to take it so personally. You're allowed to post the tweet. Threads like these are about discussing them.

Incidentally, by your own logic, you shouldn't be allowed to question the veracity the tweet. Supposedly, you're supposed to accept it without question (though I personally don't mind if you do). But your hypocrisy aside...

I'm asking your opinion. Do you believe it's accurate?
If I’m allowed to post the tweet then stop complaining about it, you were the one telling me not to post it ffs!
For the same reason we don't post Indykaila tweets. They don't add any value to the thread.
My opinion is irrelevant. As long as I and others have zero proof to call it inaccurate, there is nothing wrong to post it here.

Dante

Average bang
I don’t know. I only added information about what’s the 90%.
If there's uncertainty about the accuracy of the tweet, shouldn't posters be allowed to discuss how reliable it is? That's all I did before you went off on one. It's also, incidentally, what you yourself did later in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.