Moises Caicedo | Signs for Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondi77

Is there anything that can be called a substantial link between us and this player because all I have heard is that he wants to play for Utd one day (like millions of others around the world) and their General Manager stating there has been no contact between the clubs.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So the Ecuadorian media and the Portuguese media have a lot of similarities then

hungrywing

Castillo saying he was gonna go on a radio station in 25 minutes and give more details on the potential transfer of the player.

That was nearly a hour ago..
The druglord that partially owns Caicedo clearly sent some people to strongly advise him to stop running his mouth in public while the deal is still being negotiated. (NOTE: None of this is even remotely close to being true)

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The druglord that partially owns Caicedo clearly sent some people to strongly advise him to stop running his mouth in public while the deal is still being negotiated. (NOTE: None of this is even remotely close to being true)
:nervous: :nervous:

Maybe they can buy up United? All-cash deal.

Dante

Average bang
And thread ban them? Absolutely.

It's just "I'm not going to let you have the last word-itis". In a minute one will say "my dad is bigger than your dad"
The difference is that he keeps asking me questions. I answer them with final statement hoping for his madness to stop. But he won't let it go and asks me something again.

Apparently, nobody's allowed to question whether a tweet is true or not except for him.

Dante

Average bang
Yes so how is it countering what Romano and the other journos said?
It undermines the idea of having agreed anything with the club. I stand by my right to question Romano's tweet. Just like I'd defend yours to question other sources. That's the way threads are supposed to work. It's all discussion, not gospel as you seem to insist.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The point is to do with the quality of the tweet and how seriously we should take it.

In my opinion, we can't trust Romano for saying that the deal is almost done. Obviously you do trust him and still believe Caicedo is nailed on. That's fair enough.

But I try to be a little less gullible. It's better to have intelligent discussion based on reputable information than to chat shit based on nonsense.
These sports journalists had made a living by selling smoke. Transfer deals tend to involve at least 2 clubs, 2 agents, a manager and a player. All of them have an agenda and there are huge money and egos involved. Why would anyone trust some random young journalist with inside information which in turn could hurt a multi million deal?

Even if these sports journalists do have insiders which they do not, things are very fluid and months of hard work can fall in pieces in matter of hours. So unless a person is constantly sitting on the negotiation table he'll have no clue of what is going on

I remember Sir Alex himself (not ITK) telling us at the supporters club that Gazza's signing was imminent. Few years later the same thing happened with Shearer. That's how unpredictable deals can be.

Bondi77

These sports journalists had made a living by selling smoke. Transfer deals tend to involve at least 2 clubs, 2 agents, a manager and a player. All of them have an agenda and there are huge money and egos involved. Why would anyone trust some random young journalist with inside information which in turn could hurt a multi million deal?

Even if these sports journalists do have insiders which they do not, things are very fluid and months of hard work can fall in pieces in matter of hours. So unless a person is constantly sitting on the negotiation table he'll have no clue of what is going on

I remember Sir Alex himself (not ITK) telling us at the supporters club that Gazza's signing was imminent. Few years later the same thing happened with Shearer. That's how unpredictable deals can be.
Spot on.
It is amazing the amount of rubbish that gets thrown around and I liken it to a blind man with a machine gun who is bound to hit the target eventually or a monkey using a keyboard who will occasionally type a word.
All good fun as long as people have the sense to not take it seriously.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Spot on.
It is amazing the amount of rubbish that gets thrown around and I liken it to a blind man with a machine gun who is bound to hit the target eventually or a monkey using a keyboard who will occasionally type a word.
All good fun as long as people have the sense to not take it seriously.
Many have been proven to be crap. For example Mark Goldbridge stated quite clearly that Sancho's deal was imminent. It wasn't the case.

Romano is wiser. He uses terms like the club had made contact, there is real interest, personal terms agreed etc. Thus he always leave that opening for him to bail out with his reputation intact

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It undermines the idea of having agreed anything with the club. I stand by my right to question Romano's tweet. Just like I'd defend yours to question other sources. That's the way threads are supposed to work. It's all discussion, not gospel as you seem to insist.
Romano never said there is agreement with the club. He only mentioned personal terms and club agreement wouldn’t be a problem. Next days the club will decide if signing him or not. That only means we talked to player's agent or the player himself about the contract, personal deal and potential of the fees to be offered.

Bondi77

Many have been proven to be crap. For example Mark Goldbridge stated quite clearly that Sancho's deal was imminent. It wasn't the case.

Romano is wiser. He uses terms like the club had made contact, there is real interest, personal terms agreed etc. Thus he always leave that opening for him to bail out with his reputation intact
Mark Goldbridge is a joke and I am sure he is not a Utd fan. I think he knows we are the biggest show in town and he likes to stoke shit just to get the reaction.

Judas

Open to offers
Is anyone else even reading Dante's and the other lads post in that argument? Coming to this thread in the morning and seeing you two are still droning on is ridiculous :lol: no one else cares! Someone take the higher ground and shut up. Dante you're better than this surely.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

:lol: this guy is just an idiot in his bedroom, he has zero sources.

It's quite hilarious how people take his word or opinion as gospel, he's literally no better than any of us!

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Tim Vickery was just on SSN saying that it looks like we're getting him. Hopefully true
Tim Vickery is no oracle.
City signed Gabriel Jesus and a Guy called Marlos Moreno in the same window a few years ago. Guess which one Vickery predicted to become the better player?

hungrywing

:nervous: :nervous:

Maybe they can buy up United? All-cash deal.
Narcos season six. Woodward walking into a hacienda. Druglord greetiing him, smoking a cigar. Ole looking slightly apprehensive. Bailly behind him murmuring 'I got your back, boss'. Bruno double-cheek kissing all the henchmen.

EDIT: Don't ask where Fred and McTominay are.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
City signed Gabriel Jesus and a Guy called Marlos Moreno in the same window a few years ago. Guess which one Vickery predicted to become the better player?
It just shows that they can get it wrong but as you say, it was only a 'prediction.'

sglowrider

Narcos season six. Woodward walking into a hacienda. Druglord greetiing him, smoking a cigar. Ole looking slightly apprehensive. Bailly behind him murmuring 'I got your back, boss'. Bruno double-cheek kissing all the henchmen.

EDIT: Don't ask where Fred and McTominay are.
You read my script for Narcos Manchester!! You like the part where Mando comes back and slays the white-teeth slimeblob who lives 26miles away?

hungrywing

Narcos Manchester
Oh, God. The part where they get ambushed and O'Shea and Wes Brown show up to help. And then when things turn even worse and all hope seems lost, Keane, Scholes, and Ronaldo show up.

And then when the "big bad enforcer" arrives and Vidic is like 'Lol, little one, you're mine'.

And then when Woodward turns out to have made a secret deal to save his own skin and SAF and Sir Bobby arrive.

Best season ever. I cried four times. Especially when Park and Fletcher sacrificed themselves for the thing.

Double especially when-

Oh, God I can't even.

EDIT:

You read my script for Narcos Manchester!! You like the part where Mando comes back and slays the white-teeth slimeblob who lives 26miles away?
Oh God, that part. Ugly cry.

Slimebob: "You cannot pull that trigger. You are not your father."
Mando: "Go ask him yourself."

Last edited:

Becks00

Is anyone else even reading Dante's and the other lads post in that argument? Coming to this thread in the morning and seeing you two are still droning on is ridiculous :lol: no one else cares! Someone take the higher ground and shut up. Dante you're better than this surely.
Speak for yourself some of us absolutely enjoy it, carry on lads let see who wins at the end of penalties.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Tim Vickery is also not an "itk". He just gets asked his opinion when there is rumours in a paper, as he watches a lot of South American football. He'll have zero inside info on any deal

I thought our name and Utd's was being used to drum up the price and interest, but their name seems to be lingering around.

Inigo Montoya

Tim Vickery is also not an "itk". He just gets asked his opinion when there is rumours in a paper, as he watches a lot of South American football. He'll have zero inside info on any deal

I thought our name and Utd's was being used to drum up the price and interest, but their name seems to be lingering around.
He’s a journo not a Romano type itk

Vickery writes articles on a whole host of subjects SA related

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Signing young players is all well and good ,and it keeps in line with our traditions, but when are we actually going to improve the first team ?!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Most Sky sources are behind in the latest news so Vickery talking about him signing for us yesterday was probably a week out of date

Thaumaste

It just shows that they can get it wrong but as you say, it was only a 'prediction.'
And, to be fair to Vickery, my Colombian in-laws are die-hard fans of the team that Marlos Moreno played for, so I watched him quite a lot when he was at Atletico Nacional, and he did look absolutely spectacular for a kid of 17. Now obviously I know a lot less than Tim Vickery, but I can definitely see where the prediction came from, even though it didn't stand the test of time.

Inigo Montoya

And, to be fair to Vickery, my Colombian in-laws are die-hard fans of the team that Marlos Moreno played for, so I watched him quite a lot when he was at Atletico Nacional, and he did look absolutely spectacular for a kid of 17. Now obviously I know a lot less than Tim Vickery, but I can definitely see where the prediction came from, even though it didn't stand the test of time.
Quite right and we all do it.

A couple of seasons ago Grealish was throwing his career away with booze etc. He’d never make it. Now he’s the most talented player on the planet
We’ll get it right and we’ll get it wrong but there’s nothing wrong in making a prediction about a player based on ability

sglowrider

Oh, God. The part where they get ambushed and O'Shea and Wes Brown show up to help. And then when things turn even worse and all hope seems lost, Keane, Scholes, and Ronaldo show up.

And then when the "big bad enforcer" arrives and Vidic is like 'Lol, little one, you're mine'.

And then when Woodward turns out to have made a secret deal to save his own skin and SAF and Sir Bobby arrive.

Best season ever. I cried four times. Especially when Park and Fletcher sacrificed themselves for the thing.

Double especially when-

Oh, God I can't even.

EDIT:

Oh God, that part. Ugly cry.

Slimebob: "You cannot pull that trigger. You are not your father."
Mando: "Go ask him yourself."
:lol: :lol:

We need to collab dude!

Sea-Cow

Signing young players is all well and good ,and it keeps in line with our traditions, but when are we actually going to improve the first team ?!
If you mean "the first eleven," I agree with you and share the concern. But signing good players, no matter the age, will improve the first-team squad. It will add depth, and hopefully improve the squad by the increased competition.

And because this lad is young and is relatively cheap, I see nothing but positives here. At the very least he goes out on loan for a few years and we sell him for around the same amount as we buy him. But in that time I would be willing to bet he won't be making close to the weekly wages of Mata and Lingard.

Status
Not open for further replies.