Moises Caicedo | Signs for Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief123

Anyone got a YouTube scout report?

If we sign him, I have no doubt he’s the best midfielder in Europe.

Okey

Looking really good these links. If he's anything like the videos, that might just be our Pogba replacement. Hopefully for a tenth or less of what Pogba fetches. Good times...

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
He looks a real all action CM that can pass, tackle and play with a real intensity.

the way he extends his right leg to get into tackles is like Inspector Gadget.

Video highlights can be misleading but plays older than his years in those clips. Calm, comfortable on the ball, got an engine, can make a pass... pretty good for a 19 year old.

And I like Tim Vickery too, always worth listening to on South/Central American players.

drmuji

I really like the new philosophy of club. Thats excellent. It reminds of old Fergie times.
And Glazers will always back this as it is much cheaper way of getting quality.

drmuji

the way he extends his right leg to get into tackles is like Inspector Gadget.

Video highlights can be misleading but plays older than his years in those clips. Calm, comfortable on the ball, got an engine, can make a pass... pretty good for a 19 year old.

And I like Tim Vickery too, always worth listening to on South/Central American players.
:)

On a side note, the best part is... He is very one touch player. You are going to need that against teams who press

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think what he means is that the selling club want a 20% sell-on clause..

I think what he means is that the selling club want a 20% sell-on clause..
No, in South America it's very common to sell a percentage of a player's transfer rights. Not quite the same as a sell-on, though I'm not very familiar with the intricacies. However, I very much doubt United would agree to that and will probably push for a simple sell-on clause.

drmuji

No, in South America it's very common to sell a percentage of a player's transfer rights. Not quite the same as a sell-on, though I'm not very familiar with the intricacies. However, I very much doubt United would agree to that and will probably push for a simple sell-on clause.
Yeah I remember that Carlos Tevez Situation and that Guy Kia Joorabchan

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
Yeah I remember that Carlos Tevez Situation and that Guy Kia Joorabchan
Yeah. Pretty sure it comes under 3rd Party ownership and thats not allowed here now. Percentage of next sale should give them what they want though.

rotherham_red

Sounds complicated..

Interesting. Think it'll get done at some point next month. The fact we're starting negotiations so early before the opening of the window suggests that we anticipated that the selling club would propose such a deal and we're giving ourselves enough time to get the deal done.

Nicolarra90

Well we can sure include a 10% sell on clause to them or something but knowing how much he loves United he will just retire after winning his 3rd CL in 2033.
3 CL in 13 years???

Sorry mate.... we don't need that kind of negativity here

croadyman

Interesting. Think it'll get done at some point next month. The fact we're starting negotiations so early before the opening of the window suggests that we anticipated that the selling club would propose such a deal and we're giving ourselves enough time to get the deal done.
Yeah it does sound like it could be a complicated one so very smart to be working on it before the window opens

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
For the quoted price of around 6m, 20% sell-on fee is absolutely reasonable. Let’s imagine he become 80m rated player in future and we decided to sell him, they will get back another 16m so it’s 22m profit for them. We will still make 58m profit. It’s very fair to be honest, as they are the club which developed him. If he becomes average player and we sold him for 20m in future, they will earn 8m in total, we earn 12m, still fair enough. As long as we managed to sell him for not less than 7.5m in future, there still no risk of loss to us.

Of course if he stays here for many years, the sell-on clause will become meaningless.

croadyman

For the quoted price of around 6m, 20% sell-on fee is absolutely reasonable. Let’s imagine he become 80m rated player in future and we decided to sell him, they will get back another 16m so it’s 22m profit for them. We will still make 58m profit. It’s very fair to be honest, as they are the club which developed him. If he becomes average player and we sold him for 20m in future, they will earn 8m in total, we earn 12m, still fair enough. As long as we managed to sell him for not less than 7.5m in future, there still no risk of loss to us.

Of course if he stays here for many years, the sell-on clause will become meaningless.
Will certainly be interesting to see how this story develops over the next few weeks

Ace of Spades

I think this will be done as well imo. Makes a lot of sense getting players like this early.

zenith

I like the fact that we have a clear transfer strategy regarding youth players at least. But he's clearly one for the future and will take at least an year to adapt to English football.

This signing should not mean that we don't go in for a proper matic replacement though. A DM is a critical position and often dictates how the the entire team plays, so it's not something we should be entrusting to a 19 year old right away.

croadyman

I like the fact that we have a clear transfer strategy regarding youth players at least. But he's clearly one for the future and will take at least an year to adapt to English football.

This signing should not mean that we don't go in for a proper matic replacement though. A DM is a critical position and often dictates how the the entire team plays, so it's not something we should be entrusting to a 19 year old right away.
Hoping the plan is to bring him in next month as a defensive midfield option but still looking to sign a starter in the summer as well

Last edited:

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I doubt he'll be coming here as a project for the future. From those clips he looks like he's already at a standard where our U23 level is not going to help him develop.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I doubt he'll be coming here as a project for the future. From those clips he looks like he's already at a standard where our U23 level is not going to help him develop.
Quite agree. He’s playing at a higher level now and if we really want him, we have to guarantee that he goes into the 1st team squad.

You just know that West Ham or Ajax in particular will put him straight in

PoTMS

Buy, then loan him out to Sheffield United/West Brom for 6 months.

georgipep

Quite agree. He’s playing at a higher level now and if we really want him, we have to guarantee that he goes into the 1st team squad.

You just know that West Ham or Ajax in particular will put him straight in
People underestimate the difference between South American football and the Premier League. Pellistri was a regular starter at Penarol and is yet to set the U23s alight. I'm all for getting this guy, looks incredibly talented and exciting but he is not a guaranteed first team member at all.

bsCallout

He's ready. He'll go straight in as a Matic replacement.

Him, McT, Fred, Matic will be good.

bsCallout

People underestimate the difference between South American football and the Premier League. Pellistri was a regular starter at Penarol and is yet to set the U23s alight. I'm all for getting this guy, looks incredibly talented and exciting but he is not a guaranteed first team member at all.
He'll be starting within 6-12 months.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
We should defo try more transfers like this, Hannibal, Diallo, Pellistri, this guy, shame we didnt pull out Cherki, howevere those players before their breakthrough but already with a sniff of first team football. That could save us a lot of money and their resellign value might not drop that quick either. Think we could chunk some 15mil for Dalot if he´s doing as good as he´s for Milan. Thats not a big loss for a punt that didn´t work out... even though there are players in different price range..

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I think we can guarantee him games or at least appearances. Lots of matches ahead

kirk buttercup

From all the articles I have read about Pellistri He will be in The 1st team squad Sooner than they expected . Everyone seems to be very impressed by him . I do agree with you that there is a massive level difference between The premiership and South American football .

SAFMUTD

I dont know if its been mentioned already but he follows the ManUtd account on Instagram :devil: :devil: :devil:

Edit: he also follows Lazio, Juve, Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Barca, PSG, Madrid.

Last edited:

georgipep

He'll be starting within 6-12 months.
That is very reasonable and I'd very happy with such a timeline for him.
I think we can guarantee him games or at least appearances. Lots of matches ahead
Agree, especially if we have injuries, with Levitt and Garner on loan, there will be opportunities.
From all the articles I have read about Pellistri He will be in The 1st team squad Sooner than they expected . Everyone seems to be very impressed by him . I do agree with you that there is a massive level difference between The premiership and South American football .
Similarly, I'm super impressed with both Pellistri and Caicedo. And to be fair, Pellistri has been great for the U23s just not that "level above" to make it obvious he is ready for the first team. All in good time :)

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
He's not doing bad?

I think Ole said he'd considered but wanted to give him plenty of minutes so thought the U23s was better than bench warming and 10 minutes here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.