Moises Caicedo | Signs for Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

lysglimt

Scout
I dont know if its been mentioned already but he follows the ManUtd account on Instagram :devil: :devil: :devil:

Edit: he also follows Lazio, Juve, Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Barca, PSG, Madrid.
Anyone who follows Arsenal right now should be disqualified :)

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Nice. This is exactly what I meant about the club being more aggressive and going for 18-21 year olds for the first team. Good to see us working on deals outside of the window too. I’d imagine we’ve missed out on plenty sitting on our hands waiting for the window to open in the past. This lad looks class.

led_scholes

If it is true that he prefers minutes than caic e do like his attitude already.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
For some reason I feel so excited about this signing, almost like same feeling as Bruno one which is weird since this guy won’t be our regular right away. A midfielder who just turned 19 last month and already plays for his country 4 times scored 1 goal. I want United to sign a very good all round midfielder like Kimmich who can do both defense and playmaking, may be this guy has the talent to fill the wish.

Ecuador league 2020 will end on 29th December anyway, come here in January to get used to with the players, the team, manager’s style and hopefully get his chance in europa league to impress. And end of the season assess whether he’s ready to be regular in first team in 2021/2022.

NYAS

For some reason I feel so excited about this signing, almost like same feeling as Bruno one which is weird since this guy won’t be our regular right away. A midfielder who just turned 19 last month and already plays for his country 4 times scored 1 goal. I want United to sign a very good all round midfielder like Kimmich who can do both defense and playmaking, may be this guy has the talent to fill the wish.

Ecuador league 2020 will end on 29th December anyway, come here in January to get used to with the players, the team, manager’s style and hopefully get his chance in europa league to impress. And end of the season assess whether he’s ready to be regular in first team in 2021/2022.
Actually that’s just the 2nd leg of the final on the 29th, which his team isn’t involved in. The regular season ended a couple of days ago. So he could theoretically do all that from today if a deal was agreed.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Actually that’s just the 2nd leg of the final on the 29th, which his team isn’t involved in. The regular season ended a couple of days ago. So he could theoretically do all that from today if a deal was agreed.
I was just making a point if he joins us in the summer, that would be during his mid season with his club.

hungrywing

Betancur was playing in that game too. Impressive
Yup. He was up against the men.

Doesn't look like he's going to play for the U23s if he comes.

Edit: it's probably mainly due to their setup, but he gets into the box a decent amount of times. It was interesting to watch.

Last edited:

dutchred

I hope we get him. Even if it doesn't work out, the risk is worth it. Ajax do this all the time and have unearted some gems in the past as well as some failures.
I have not seen anything apart from the you tubes. I wonder how he compares to Gravenburch, who I think will be world class and in a few years will cost a fortune

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
As good as Patrick Vieira! Sign him up!

Do we have a transfer choo choo muppet train for this one?!

@Judas
@sammsky1
You think he is the real deal? Is it him AND/OR Camavinga? Are they similar players and whom has more talent? How does he compare with Garner?

I'm up for signing either or both, but my real issue is neither can be depended on to deliver league titles yet. We saw how long it took Ronaldo to develop into a match winner, Keane joined United age 22, it took McTominay that long to start delivering influential performances.

Signing and developing youth players like this kid or Greenwood, Rashford and Martial is all fine and dandy, but we have a minority viscous and noisy fanbase who won't allow managers the time and space to develop these kids into a winning team. We have the same upcoming problem at RW: Pellistri and Diallo wont be consistently influential for at least 18 months, and yet OGS still has the deliver results as though he has a fully functioning first XI. So what's the point in signing them?

Last edited:

Based Adnan

Holding his own against a midfield of Bentacur and Valverde is promising and indicates he could play cup games straight away. Hopefully we can get him in early doors January.

AneRu

You think he is the real deal? Is it him AND/OR Camvinga? Are they similar players and whom has more talent? How does he compare with Garner?

I'm up for signing either or both, but my real issue is neither can be depended on to deliver league titles yet. We saw how long it took Ronaldo to develop into a match winner, Keane joined United age 22, it took McTominay that long to start delivering influential performances.

Signing and developing youth players like this kid or Greenwood, Rashford and Martial is all fine and dandy, but we have a minority viscous and noisy fanbase who won't allow managers the time and space to develop these kids into a winning team. We have the same upcoming problem at RW: Pellistri and Diallo wont be consistently influential for at least 18 months, and yet OGS still has the deliver results as though he has a fully functioning first XI. So what's the point in signing them?
But he or even Pellistiri and Diallo won't be playing in isolation or with talentless lumps either. They would be coming into a team that finished third last season, which is full of internationals and has already worked itself into a strong league position.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
You think he is the real deal? Is it him AND/OR Camvinga? Are they similar players and whom has more talent? How does he compare with Garner?

I don't really know alot about him apart from what I've read and seen on YouTube. But he's described as a all action type of midfielder who is good at retrieving and distributing possession. He's also described as being a high energy player who has excellent spacial awareness which for me is a key attribute of a defensive midfielder. It's also difficult to compare him to Camavinga due to the French player being more known in comparison due to playing at a higher level.

But for the reported €6m Caicedo will cost, it's a low risk, high reward type of move for the club due to the players potential which is described as being very high. We've got to be patient though and expect teething issues.

NYAS

Reports from Ecuador that we have wrapped this one up in the last couple of hours.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

LAST MINUTE Moisés Caicedo will be Red Devil, the player's agents, Manchester United and IDV representatives, reached an agreement between the parties. Caicedo will have to sign in the following hours, before the new contracting rules of the Premier are applied

RUCK4444

Cmon! I love this type of signing.

Please let him be the DM that we desperately need.

He looks all action from the highlights :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.