Gaming Monster Hunter World

Grib

Is this with your insect Glaive? What does the dust do? I’ve seen dust trails in multiplayer, like purple, green or orange but I’ve not seen it really do anything yet. I’m guessing green is health, purple is poison and orange is blast, are they just a monster trap?
Indeed it is

Afaik those are accurate yes, they're all status effects (can get para etc too I believe) bar the green

The kinsect leaves a cloud each time it hits the monster. Setting these off my attacking them next to it (anyone can do this) effectively raises that status bar on the enemy, once it breaks the threshold the effect is applied. In blasts case 120 damage is dealt

I think hitting each cloud also does some (small) additional damage

Andersons Dietician

Indeed it is

Afaik those are accurate yes, they're all status effects (can get para etc too I believe) bar the green

The kinsect leaves a cloud each time it hits the monster. Setting these off my attacking them next to it (anyone can do this) effectively raises that status bar on the enemy, once it breaks the threshold the effect is applied. In blasts case 120 damage is dealt

I think hitting each cloud also does some (small) additional damage
Ooh nice, I think blast also has better breaking abilities on monsters so could come in handy when farming. There is a weapon I crafted yesterday called fire and ice which has two elements so you do 210 Ice damage, 210 blast damage, plus the 308 attack and it’s a positive affinity. So for duel blades all that is pretty good. Haven’t tried them out yet as I’m just farming Nergergante looking for this gem.

I have enough Nergergante parts I could craft everything except the helmet(it requires the gem) about 6 times. However I am now a Nergergante expert having slated 24 of the feckers and still no god damn Nergergante gem.

Grib

Ooh nice, I think blast also has better breaking abilities on monsters so could come in handy when farming. There is a weapon I crafted yesterday called fire and ice which has two elements so you do 210 Ice damage, 210 blast damage, plus the 308 attack and it’s a positive affinity. So for duel blades all that is pretty good. Haven’t tried them out yet as I’m just farming Nergergante looking for this gem.

I have enough Nergergante parts I could craft everything except the helmet(it requires the gem) about 6 times. However I am now a Nergergante expert having slated 24 of the feckers and still no god damn Nergergante gem.
Yeah I think I read that about blast too

I just stayed my first nergigante last night on try number five, but managed it without carting so hoorah

Still don't think I want to farm him yet haha

Andersons Dietician

Yeah I think I read that about blast too

I just stayed my first nergigante last night on try number five, but managed it without carting so hoorah

Still don't think I want to farm him yet haha
Nice did you use the Kadachi Glaive?

Have you found the Gajaka home in the elder recess? Because when you find that you find the 3rd camp site which is basically in the Nergergante lair, so sometimes when he goes to sleep i’ll Put two barrels on his head.Then a timed barrel, run away, then smack him about a bit, But if you leave there he’ll often go back to sleep and you can pick up two barrels at the camp and blow them again. Works out well for me trying to break his horn. As hitting him in the face with duel blades doesn’t work out too well :lol:

Should point out sometimes he doesn’t go to sleep, follows you and does that diving shoulder attack at you in that confined tunnel and you’re ducked. Vitality mantel or health booster is your friend for taking him on. Eventually both.

Last edited:

Grib

Nice did you use the Kadachi Glaive?

Have you found the Gajaka home in the elder recess? Because when you find that you find the 3rd camp site which is basically in the Nergergante lair, so sometimes when he goes to sleep i’ll Put two barrels on his head.Then a timed barrel, run away, then smack him about a bit, But if you leave there he’ll often go back to sleep and you can pick up two barrels at the camp and blow them again. Works out well for me trying to break his horn. As hitting him in the face with duel blades doesn’t work out too well :lol:

Should point out sometimes he doesn’t go to sleep, follows you and does that diving shoulder attack at you in that confined tunnel and you’re ducked. Vitality mantel or health booster is your friend for taking him on. Eventually both.
Yeah kadachi pillar 1, I don't really have an issue dodging with the IG so I pumped up some extra thunder skills and switched the kinsect to thunder damage/blast dust

Worked a treat, he tried to dive me in his nest but I got him with a flash pods and the roof caved on him, great success lol

Andersons Dietician

Yeah kadachi pillar 1, I don't really have an issue dodging with the IG so I pumped up some extra thunder skills and switched the kinsect to thunder damage/blast dust

Worked a treat, he tried to dive me in his nest but I got him with a flash pods and the roof caved on him, great success lol
Because of my extensive Monster Hunting World farming exploits I decided to make myself an insect Glaive blade and just gave it a bash. Going to clear all the low rank investigations out of the way to get used to it. Decided just to max the metal tree with it but I stopped at the one just before it maxes in that tree as it needed a lot of fulcrum ore and I’m sure I need that for something else I want.
Did think about doing the Nergergante one since I have all the spares but again for the rarity 8 you need a Nergergante gem. Plus it’s a dragon element weapon and I wanted to play with the blast effect. Maxed out the Mulldune tree with blast dust and yeah the blast dust is cool. Only had a 3 minute go with it but i’ll Try and get used to the controls.
Made a bow gun also because I reckon it is the best weapon for Kirin fights but I haven’t farmed that many Rathalos and that is the tree I’ve decided to go down.

I honestly just can’t be arsed going after Nergergante again it says it’s a 1 Star carve and you get it from breaking tail or horns so i’ll Do both and nothing. Also thought I might be lucky and get it as a gold award in investigations but I’m not sure it’s something you get that way. Stupid Nergergante gem...

Grib

Because of my extensive Monster Hunting World farming exploits I decided to make myself an insect Glaive blade and just gave it a bash. Going to clear all the low rank investigations out of the way to get used to it. Decided just to max the metal tree with it but I stopped at the one just before it maxes in that tree as it needed a lot of fulcrum ore and I’m sure I need that for something else I want.
Did think about doing the Nergergante one since I have all the spares but again for the rarity 8 you need a Nergergante gem. Plus it’s a dragon element weapon and I wanted to play with the blast effect. Maxed out the Mulldune tree with blast dust and yeah the blast dust is cool. Only had a 3 minute go with it but i’ll Try and get used to the controls.
Made a bow gun also because I reckon it is the best weapon for Kirin fights but I haven’t farmed that many Rathalos and that is the tree I’ve decided to go down.

I honestly just can’t be arsed going after Nergergante again it says it’s a 1 Star carve and you get it from breaking tail or horns so i’ll Do both and nothing. Also thought I might be lucky and get it as a gold award in investigations but I’m not sure it’s something you get that way. Stupid Nergergante gem...
Ig rule number keep your red buff up as much as possible, ie shot the monster in the area it uses to deal damage, head claws usually

It adds a modifier to basically all your attacks

Andersons Dietician

Ig rule number keep your red buff up as much as possible, ie shot the monster in the area it uses to deal damage, head claws usually

It adds a modifier to basically all your attacks
I think a trip to the training room will be needed just to get the combos and stuff down as I would think against any decent monster i’d get slaughtered. Do you find you can mount more than once with the Glaive? Because there are times especially against Nergergante where i’ll Mount him in the first room then I would have chances where I would think normally I’d get a mount as I’ve hit him whilst airborne and it won’t mount. I’ve seen in foodskills there is a mount bonus and I’ve had that but I’ve never mounted a monster more than once.

Grib

I think a trip to the training room will be needed just to get the combos and stuff down as I would think against any decent monster i’d get slaughtered. Do you find you can mount more than once with the Glaive? Because there are times especially against Nergergante where i’ll Mount him in the first room then I would have chances where I would think normally I’d get a mount as I’ve hit him whilst airborne and it won’t mount. I’ve seen in foodskills there is a mount bonus and I’ve had that but I’ve never mounted a monster more than once.
Normally I get a least two, I feel like sometimes more

I think it's similar to status build up, the first one is easy then ones after that are progressively harder

Andersons Dietician

Normally I get a least two, I feel like sometimes more

I think it's similar to status build up, the first one is easy then ones after that are progressively harder
Have you gone after any of the Elder dragons yet? I found that the Nergergante weapon you first get with elder seal was really good. Then crafting some of the Nergergante armour helped out a lot.

Andersons Dietician

@Grib so I went to the training room then thought I’d clear some investigations. I kinda like the Glaive, especially with the blast dust. It’s way to overpowered for the small quests I’m doing but nothing like standing in a graveyard of Kestestedons.

Was actually kinda weird as in the Diablos area in this investigation there are a lot of them 4/5 males then like 3 females to each, well they all attacked me whilst I just stood still and then one wide swing of it and then just a load of dead bodies at my feet.

Grib

Yeah it's great for the small monster hunt bounties haha pop a mark in the middle and dive

No other elders yet, going to get me a few more HR armour bits, maybe rathalos

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just saw a video which shows you a a build where your Palico can basically solo the tempered Dragons by itself.

Its not quite as straight as forward by that, as you cant get away with AFKing them but you can make the little bastards insanely powerful.

Andersons Dietician

Yeah it's great for the small monster hunt bounties haha pop a mark in the middle and dive

No other elders yet, going to get me a few more HR armour bits, maybe rathalos
I’m sure I went after them with the Diablos noir armour with either the skull helm or death stench helm. It was kinda mix and match. They are actually ok to take on, they have certain tells that you will easily see for yourself. There is a way to kill one of them that is just ridiculously simple and makes it stress free.

And yeah that is pretty much it, build up the blast dust, then leap in head first:lol:

Decided to go and farm Nerg again for this gem, it better fecking drop as I pretty much refuse to move on to tempered until I have my Decimation Claws..

See in events there is that wriggler quest, if you do that the helmet you can craft is pretty awesome especially for dragons, just looks stupid.

Just saw a video which shows you a a build where your Palico can basically solo the tempered Dragons by itself.

Its not quite as straight as forward by that, as you cant get away with AFKing them but you can make the little bastards insanely powerful.
That sounds excellent. The first tempered monster I have is a duo one against those bomber guys and I hated them even before they were tempered. If Trash Panda could handle that I’d be all for it. Was it in the Xeno armour as I saw a video also today where one was holding its own vs a Kirin(feck I hate that thing):mad:

Heard that armour is supposed to be ridiculously good.

Edit: went after Nergergante again, picked something off the ground and it flashed up with a box saying Nergergante’s blessing. And 500 research points. I thought this was it, this was the Gem, but no nothing and I have no idea what it was that I picked up for that. I reckon i’ll Have stayed 30+ Nergergante before this things drops.

Last edited:

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I’m sure I went after them with the Diablos noir armour with either the skull helm or death stench helm. It was kinda mix and match. They are actually ok to take on, they have certain tells that you will easily see for yourself. There is a way to kill one of them that is just ridiculously simple and makes it stress free.

And yeah that is pretty much it, build up the blast dust, then leap in head first:lol:

Decided to go and farm Nerg again for this gem, it better fecking drop as I pretty much refuse to move on to tempered until I have my Decimation Claws..

See in events there is that wriggler quest, if you do that the helmet you can craft is pretty awesome especially for dragons, just looks stupid.

That sounds excellent. The first tempered monster I have is a duo one against those bomber guys and I hated them even before they were tempered. If Trash Panda could handle that I’d be all for it. Was it in the Xeno armour as I saw a video also today where one was holding its own vs a Kirin(feck I hate that thing):mad:

Heard that armour is supposed to be ridiculously good.

Edit: went after Nergergante again, picked something off the ground and it flashed up with a box saying Nergergante’s blessing. And 500 research points. I thought this was it, this was the Gem, but no nothing and I have no idea what it was that I picked up for that. I reckon i’ll Have stayed 30+ Nergergante before this things drops.

You basically build out your armour set for Palico rally to increase its power, ranged so you can heal it, put it in a set of Xeno armour and unlock the Molotov Coctail abilty, then take it from there.

As for your Nergigante gem, you should have a gold Wyvern print, just use that to meld one.

Andersons Dietician

You basically build out your armour set for Palico rally to increase its power, ranged so you can heal it, put it in a set of Xeno armour and unlock the Molotov Coctail abilty, then take it from there.

As for your Nergigante gem, you should have a gold Wyvern print, just use that to meld one.
Ah yeah I’ve seen that rally ability. I might give that a go and see what happens. At the moment I’m trying to get him to lvl 10 with the meowtolv cocktail but the plunder blade is just too damn good.

Unfortunately about 5 days ago I used the 1 I had for another gem. Fortunately enough tho in 2 hrs it resets, so yeah that’ll be the way I’m most likely to get it.

Grib

Print, meld, dragon gems come again now? Any gem?

Andersons Dietician

Print, meld, dragon gems come again now? Any gem?
The old lady elf/gnome person you see at the research base for the rotten vale should have moved to the market in asteria. She can meld items if you have the right parts. Some will just be bones, metals or monster parts and you can craft things like Mega demon drug, mega amourskin. She will also do things like monster parts that are hard to come by like plates and so on.

She can do this gem I’ve been farming Nergergante for, for 100 melding points and 300 research points and some cash. However she can only meld it with a gold wyvern print which you get by completing the limited bounties which last for about 5 days. You’ll see them when you speak to the bounty lady where you get investigations and stuff.(resource centre)

It’ll be something like

hunt 3 brute wyvern
Clear 5 quests in a specific area
Complete 5 general 8 rank quests.

You get a reward for completing each tier and when you do them all you’ll get say 500 research points, a gold wyvern print and a golden egg to be sold at the market.

Just did my first arena quest. Had to use the great sword against a puki and it was god damn hard. Didn’t know the controls at all and the think became blunt so quickly. You get a random weapon, armour and then gear also.

Edit: melding points are obtained by trading in certain items, the metals, monster parts and so on. Some have more value than others.

Andersons Dietician

4x Val Hazaks to slay until I finally get my gem, Hazah!!!

Noticed with the update they’ve put two awesome quests in to the events area. Throw on the bandit mantel and have a free for all vs 3 monsters. The Tizzy one is easy as you can lure them one by one or just shut half of the arena off with that lever.

Edit: finally got my gem, Decemation claws crafted. Away to farm Teostra and Daora a bit to try these out.

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

Just saw a similar video but it was an Elder dragon it took on. The guy says it can finish off a Teostra in 17 minutes. That is with a Gathjaka helping it but all he did was roll around and apply buffs. I have pretty much everything to give it a try except the Xeno armour so I might do some farming but I’m sure you could do it with any armour if you just set your sights lower.

I also saw another video where a guy did a lot of things to get stuff to activate. Basically killed himself twice then took his life force down to nothing, applied a lot of boosts and his attack was up to 2000+ so he hit a Kulu and it died with one shot. 2044 damage.

But yeah you can make the little fecker insanely powerful.

Edit don’t know why I was slow on the uptake but the power charm and armour charm you can buy from the shop. You put them in your box, go in to crafting to the very last two items and you can craft a power talon and armour talon which give massive boost just being in your pouch when you’re out hunting, but you can then buy the two charms again and put them in your pouch and you get their boost also. My defence went from something like 380 to 402 and my attack also went up by about 20.

Was on the train earlier and went on a YouTube rabbit hole of MHW. Ugh why am I so addicted to this game :lol: really should have set up a live stream and see if people would pay me to play.

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

Supposedly a new monster dropping tomorrow with a new armour, weapons and a new Mantle.

Sitting at HR 57 now, only done a few tempered investigations as I’ve just been trying to research the monsters in field guide to max and also trying to get tempered monster tracks.

The love is sort of dying a bit as now it’s super grindy and I’m pretty grinder out.

Grib

I finally got around to clearing vaal and xeno, truly both pathetic bosses haha

But yeah what am I supposed to do now, I've a second mantle slot, sweet, and I heard about augmenting?

Andersons Dietician

I finally got around to clearing vaal and xeno, truly both pathetic bosses haha

But yeah what am I supposed to do now, I've a second mantle slot, sweet, and I heard about augmenting?
I’ve heard of Augmenting but I haven’t come across it yet, not sure if it’s cap related. I think it means you can change the element of your blade or whatever.

Now you just go and do some expeditions until you find blues tracks and get a load of investigations then just do them. Occasionaly it’ll unlock other quests at the armoury. If you haven’t done all your optional worth while doing those also as when you finish them it unlocks another quest in the special arena where you take on a Legianna,ODG,Diablo and a Rathalos and I think that unlocks a lot of stuff, maybe the Augmentation.

It’s worthwhile either equipping a scholar gem and the one that does scoutfly range or craft equipment with those skills put it on a set and occasionally just run around on an expedition and you’ll find tracks easier and they’ll fill quicker and unlock tempered investigations more often.

If when you find a tempered monster on an investigation it’s worthwhile just following it and pickng up tracks for a while. It’s especially worth doing at the HR49 cap battle against the tempered Kirin. It’ll only attack if you attack it as tempered elder dragon tracks are pretty rare.

Once you have a few tempered investigations tho it just snowballs and you unlock more whilst fighting by breaking parts and so on.

The field researchers you’d come across inthe wild now have more quests after the devil-jo update.

Andersons Dietician

Just noticed that the event quest the lvl 9 HR50 and above this week is just a tempered dragon tracks gathering mission, so you can unlock them that way a lot easier. They had one a few weeks a go with Just tempered monster tracks which helped a lot.

Andersons Dietician

@Grib So I completed that mission I was talking about and it seems like they very last commission mission, as after every single person in HQ wanted to speak to me and effectively blow me because of my greatness. No sign of Augmantation yet but I watched a video and from what I can gather they are stream stones but a very rare kind that only seem to drop from tempered elders. So maby if I do one of those investigations it’ll drop and give me the option menu.

How did you find Xeno? His patterns are quite easy but damn can he take a hit. It’s quite a boring fight. You come across that Kirin yet or Devil-jo?

That last mission I spoke of has a 25 minute time limit. Finished it with just a minute to spare, a Diablos and Rathalos Tag team is no picnic. The Leigiana and ODG are easy enough to start with.

Grib

Vaal and Zeno were a joke, very boring fights

I just slayed my first deviljo, I've heard the weapons are quite boss so might do some grind and make one or two

Andersons Dietician

Vaal and Zeno were a joke, very boring fights

I just slayed my first deviljo, I've heard the weapons are quite boss so might do some grind and make one or two
I didn’t really mind Vaal Hazak that much but it is a pretty disappointing fight. They all kind of are except for Nergergante. I quite enjoy that one.

I just tried the event for the tempered Devil-Jo and failed. Things got a massive reach and it can use it’s stinking dragon breath whilst in a pit trap and it also thrashes around. Trying to get those stream stones but also the weapons look pretty good, I’ve built a few things now and tried them out. Quite like the hammer but it’s hard to get used to. Have my eyes on the devil jo Lance although I want to try a bow.

There weirdly is this charm, The weakness exploit charm prt 2 and the gem and an ore are still a mystery. Pretty sure I’ve killed and found all the metals so unless there is an unknown monster I have no idea how to craft it.

Andersons Dietician

Tempered Devil-jo might be a competitor for biggest pain in the ass. Rivals the Kirin no problem at all. Especially sucks when he uses a Jagras against you then launches it at you.

Andersons Dietician

@Grib finally unlocked augmentation. Got a stone to drop on my 3rd Tempered Elder. They are like specific stones for specific weapons so the one I got is for bows. Looking at the augment section I can take the Armor sphere limit off of my armour and that’s about it currently. To put other skills on seems to require very rare parts and almost everything seems to want and Elder gem along with 3 glistening stream stones and hero stone:houllier:

The grind will have to be insane. Supposedly new monsters coming out this month in a DLC with knew ground to explore possibly.

Grib

Nice, I've just removed my 29 cap, didn't fancy the two bezels but turned out to be a cake walk

I'm looking to try a new weapon, maybe Lance but it plays so differently to the rest

Andersons Dietician

Nice, I've just removed my 29 cap, didn't fancy the two bezels but turned out to be a cake walk

I'm looking to try a new weapon, maybe Lance but it plays so differently to the rest
I crafted a few different things, Gun Lance, Bow, Light bow, Hammer. Gun lance and lance would be cool as you can guard. Which is fun when fighting a Diablos.

I’d recommend the duel blades, it’s great fun, you’re just constantly doing damage.

I’m trying to put together a bow build currently. Taken it out a few times and it’s pretty fun. Just getting all the armour and gems I want is the pain.

Beatledick shows up for pretty much every tempered investigation there is, arm the dung pods and as soon as you see hear that screech arm them up or kill his ass :lol:

Grib

I'm still maining IG and I feel pretty handy with it on the whole, only certain monsters I can't dish out consistently on due to their speed/animations making it hard to keep the atk buff up

I'm comfortable with the LS too, and then less so with the GS. I've thunder, fire, poison & ice elements across these so can cover most bases, next weapons will probably look to go dragon or a 'status' if not raw (I've enough for DJo weapon)

I was considering the DB but I feel it will be a bit samey as the IG (I run fairly offensive build) I wanted something a bit more defensive or solid to help cover my bases for things like solo'ing Diablos etc but I can't get the my head around the movement for the Lance at all. I haven't touched the BG's in a while either.

I don't mind the Bezel at all he's weak to thunder, weakpoints are easy to hit, easy to dodge, easy to keep IG buffs up, all makes for much fun when running a high affinity thunder glaive build xD

Andersons Dietician

I'm still maining IG and I feel pretty handy with it on the whole, only certain monsters I can't dish out consistently on due to their speed/animations making it hard to keep the atk buff up

I'm comfortable with the LS too, and then less so with the GS. I've thunder, fire, poison & ice elements across these so can cover most bases, next weapons will probably look to go dragon or a 'status' if not raw (I've enough for DJo weapon)

I was considering the DB but I feel it will be a bit samey as the IG (I run fairly offensive build) I wanted something a bit more defensive or solid to help cover my bases for things like solo'ing Diablos etc but I can't get the my head around the movement for the Lance at all. I haven't touched the BG's in a while either.

I don't mind the Bezel at all he's weak to thunder, weakpoints are easy to hit, easy to dodge, easy to keep IG buffs up, all makes for much fun when running a high affinity thunder glaive build xD
Yeah the one thing I feel about all the other weapons is just that they are incredibly slow. I do need to spend more time with them to get good with them basically :lol: I don’t think I’ve used the lance, is it similar to the gun lance without the gun? I saw there is a weird sprint thing you can do with the lance. Looks handy.

Have you still not come across a Kirin yet? Having fought him now multiple times I’ve decided he isn’t that bad. Think I just hit him too early when I didn’t have the armour or the weapons to make it a more even fight. Was farming him for parts recently and making short work of him.

Seemingly one of the new monsters is an ice version of a Kirin.

Grib

The LS is quick enough, has great range and the spirit combos/finishers are exceptionally satisfying, recommend giving it a go if you haven't yet, slower immobile monsters like Vaal, Xeno are a cake walk with it

I think the lances are the same yeah, I just cant get the movement (or that sprint attack), always end up facing away from the monster then getting smacked in the back since you don't roll like the rest. I might do some low level stuff with the hammer to try it out too

I only have the standard Kirin quest which I cleared first try last week, move set doesn't seem too hard to deal with so will get straight on the HR cap quest once I unlock it

Andersons Dietician

The LS is quick enough, has great range and the spirit combos/finishers are exceptionally satisfying, recommend giving it a go if you haven't yet, slower immobile monsters like Vaal, Xeno are a cake walk with it

I think the lances are the same yeah, I just cant get the movement (or that sprint attack), always end up facing away from the monster then getting smacked in the back since you don't roll like the rest. I might do some low level stuff with the hammer to try it out too

I only have the standard Kirin quest which I cleared first try last week, move set doesn't seem too hard to deal with so will get straight on the HR cap quest once I unlock it
Yeah I started with the long sword, I might give it another try actually because the range of the duel blades is sometimes a down fall. DJO for example is quite hard to hit other than just parking under his legs. Hitting his face or tail is a hard thing to do especially when he is jumping about like Pickle Rick doing parkour.

I’ll go and try out a lance as well and see what this sprint thing is. I need to do a bit of Xeno farming at some point so maybe I’ll try out the LS or GS then. Been doing a lot more multiplayer fights recently and some people :lol:
Group of 4 fighting Xeno, we got to the 2nd part of the level and after a while I noticed on the radar some guy was away in the far corner miles from the fight. He just stayed there and hid behind a rock. Eventually Xeno went after him but he must have hid there for a good 5 minutes.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Picked this up to calm down after nearly destroying my controller on the Dark Souls 3 DLC. Reading up on this, it seems hard as well. I just want to relax and kill some monsters. Did I go wrong?

Grib

Picked this up to calm down after nearly destroying my controller on the Dark Souls 3 DLC. Reading up on this, it seems hard as well. I just want to relax and kill some monsters. Did I go wrong?
No you'll be grand, there's no mad rush on progress, though grinding too excessively pre high rank could be deemed a bit of a waste

On the whole progress is pretty easy bar a few walls most people hit every so often

You can grind through or just fire off an sos

I'd recommend giving everything a few goes solo first or you could end up struggling later

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
No you'll be grand, there's no mad rush on progress, though grinding too excessively pre high rank could be deemed a bit of a waste

On the whole progress is pretty easy bar a few walls most people hit every so often

You can grind through or just fire off an sos

I'd recommend giving everything a few goes solo first or you could end up struggling later
What about the multiplayer? Most of my friends think playing anything besides FIFA is for nerds so it's either solo or playing with random online people. Is this a fun game solo or should I try and make online friends :-)

Grib

What about the multiplayer? Most of my friends think playing anything besides FIFA is for nerds so it's either solo or playing with random online people. Is this a fun game solo or should I try and make online friends :-)
I play most of it solo, some people say it's easier solo, but I party up on occasion too

I assume you haven't played any MH before in which case it's an idea to pick up some parties from an LFG or the likes as the game itself doesn't really tell you jack sshh (apparently this one is meant to be more welcoming to newer players too :lol:) So you'll learn a lot from playing with others who have more experience

Some fights can be easier when your not the solo focus of the monsters rage, but on the flip side if you are going with randoms and they don't have a clue the cart(death) limit can make you fail a quest pretty quickly, or very agonisingly close to the end

TL;DR
A mix is good, though try all monsters once solo

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I play most of it solo, some people say it's easier solo, but I party up on occasion too

I assume you haven't played any MH before in which case it's an idea to pick up some parties from an LFG or the likes as the game itself doesn't really tell you jack sshh (apparently this one is meant to be more welcoming to newer players too :lol:) So you'll learn a lot from playing with others who have more experience

Some fights can be easier when your not the solo focus of the monsters rage, but on the flip side if you are going with randoms and they don't have a clue the cart(death) limit can make you fail a quest pretty quickly, or very agonisingly close to the end

TL;DR
A mix is good, though try all monsters once solo
You're right this is my first MH :) Did do some reading on it, since it's known for throwing you off the deep end. Anyway, I'll try it solo, after one more attempt at that stupid, unfair, frustrating GRAAAH Dark Souls 3 Dlc.

thanks for the info.