B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
A name like that, he be

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Have you even read the comments in this thread? The vast majority are very positive.
The “vast majority” is over egging the pudding a tad? A few yes. I was referring to United fans comments on players in general, not just MGW. It seems to be a recurring theme that may have been valid 10 years ago but you are where you are.

The reality is he’s settled in Nottingham, is the man the team is built around and will probably be made club captain next season. I presume his ambition is a senior England cap, which he’s more likely to achieve as the main man at Forest then Bruno’s understudy.

Mike Smalling

The “vast majority” is over egging the pudding a tad? A few yes. I was referring to United fans comments on players in general, not just MGW. It seems to be a recurring theme that may have been valid 10 years ago but you are where you are.

The reality is he’s settled in Nottingham, is the man the team is built around and will probably be made club captain next season. I presume his ambition is a senior England cap, which he’s more likely to achieve as the main man at Forest then Bruno’s understudy.
So in a thread specifically about Gibbs-White you are commenting on United fans underestimating players in general, while simultaneously justifying why Gibbs-White shouldn’t or wouldn’t move to United. Yeah, makes perfect sense.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I’d hate to be a United fan, literally no player is seemingly good enough for you. Yet still these “lesser teams“ with ”inferior“ players keep beating you.
You're talking out of your arse. Do you have any idea the prices that get quoted every time United are interested in a player? If we started buying every man and his dog from every team that beats us we'd be even worse run than we currently are.

Might be a difficult concept to understand for Forest fans but most clubs can't buy 30 new players every summer.

So in a thread specifically about Gibbs-White you are commenting on United fans underestimating players in general, while simultaneously justifying why Gibbs-White shouldn’t or wouldn’t move to United. Yeah, makes perfect sense.
Just the usual opposition fan talking utter garbage on here after having their moment in the sun. A couple of years ago Sheffield and Leicester fans were on here acting like they were our rivals. Exactly a month ago Newcastle fans were very vocal in a similar fashion. None of them are anywhere to be seen once they're busted flush. This dude will be no different.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Just the usual opposition fan talking utter garbage on here after having their moment in the sun. A couple of years ago Sheffield and Leicester fans were on here acting like they were our rivals.
:lol: Good throwback to the Leicester boys, actually. They’ve all scurried away like rats

mjstokes85

Good player and actually puts a shift in. Never really see him jogging about half arsed.

OT_United

His versatility could allow him to play on the wing and striker and then move to AM after Bruno.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
His versatility could allow him to play on the wing and striker and then move to AM after Bruno.
He’s a number 10, Cooper tried fitting him in on the right of a 433 and he wasn’t very good. He’s best in the middle with licence to go where he needs to to create.

ShinjiNinja26

Just the usual opposition fan talking utter garbage on here after having their moment in the sun. A couple of years ago Sheffield and Leicester fans were on here acting like they were our rivals. Exactly a month ago Newcastle fans were very vocal in a similar fashion. None of them are anywhere to be seen once they're busted flush. This dude will be no different.
Haha very true.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Hmm, a bit Bruno-esque, but not sure he has the ability for the spectacular like Bruno has.

Good player, but if we're to take the next step I think we need to be looking for the next Musiala / Bellingham as that advanced midfielder.

Would probably cost £50-60m anyway, think Wirtz would be a better option.
Why would that kind of player would want to join us currently?

TheReligion

Abusive

With what’s being reported in the news you may have to move players on due to FFP

I’m sure he’d have some suitors.

Ludens the Red

You're talking out of your arse. Do you have any idea the prices that get quoted every time United are interested in a player? If we started buying every man and his dog from every team that beats us we'd be even worse run than we currently are.

Might be a difficult concept to understand for Forest fans but most clubs can't buy 30 new players every summer.

Glastons influence seen on the cafe years on. Guy set the benchmark and many have followed suit.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
With what’s being reported in the news you may have to move players on due to FFP

I’m sure he’d have some suitors.
Did you read the article? A journo was asked which clubs might be in close to FFP and Forests name came up. The issue is whether the Johnson sale is registered in the previous period or this financial year, as the sale occurred late in the window. It’s a technicality but the sale of Johnson means we don’t have to sell any other players. If we get charged then so be it, it’s all a farce

eire-red

Why would that kind of player would want to join us currently?
My point was more around the style of player rather than the name. Modern football has moved away from the 'Trequarista' we have in Bruno.

Our midfield doesn't just need a rebuild, it needs a rethink. The 4231 / 4141 or whatever we're playing doesn't work in the modern game.

TheReligion

Abusive
Did you read the article? A journo was asked which clubs might be in close to FFP and Forests name came up. The issue is whether the Johnson sale is registered in the previous period or this financial year, as the sale occurred late in the window. It’s a technicality but the sale of Johnson means we don’t have to sell any other players. If we get charged then so be it, it’s all a farce
I did read it and the source is from renowned expert Kieran Maguire. The numbers don’t really add up from what I can see so definitely suspect you are on the cusp of getting in to bother. Certainly sailing close to the wind regardless of the Johnson fee.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
I did read it and the source is from renowned expert Kieran Maguire. The numbers don’t really add up from what I can see so definitely suspect you are on the cusp of getting in to bother. Certainly sailing close to the wind regardless of the Johnson fee.
The numbers are fine, FFP compliance was contingent on the Johnson sale. An Athletic article has come out reporting that Forest were in touch with authorities through out the summer, making the case that the £30 mil bid by Brentford could be bettered later in the window, as was the case. If you can show me how exactly you think the numbers don’t add up?

RVN1991

A lot of the comments being made about Gibbs White in this thread were said about someone like Maddison a few years ago.

Really like him but don't see how he fits in at all with Mount and Bruno in the team and the price Forest would command for him.

TheReligion

Abusive
The numbers are fine, FFP compliance was contingent on the Johnson sale. An Athletic article has come out reporting that Forest were in touch with authorities through out the summer, making the case that the £30 mil bid by Brentford could be bettered later in the window, as was the case. If you can show me how exactly you think the numbers don’t add up?
Sorry I thought you’d read the articles and piece from Maguire?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He's your typical limited angry man who is only interested in showing up against the big boys.

See also, John McGinn.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's shit and fecking annoying to boot. Don't see why anyone rates him.