Most overrated 'world class' player?

Giggs86

Rio was better than John Terry. I don't even know why this is being debated.

England have produced defender's like Terry regularly. The like of Adams, Bruce, and Butcher are all the same mold. A player like Rio Ferdinand rarely comes along. He was different class.
True that. Rio was the most Italian defender England have ever produced. Classy, intelligent, fast and strong. English defenders usually possess only the last two of those traits.

Giggs86

Neymar. Such a primadonna. Wouldn't have him here on a free. I'd rather keep watching Dan James chase his shadow.
Neymar is basically Ronaldo that's stuck in 2005 and never matured into the next step.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
How is Neymar overrated?

Great player but also hugely disliked by people. You can say that balances itself out to make him fairly rated.
He is overrated by himself when he think he could win Ballon D’or and become best player in the world at PSG.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
...that's usually a good indication of something
Certainly - but it should be taken as just that: an indication.

The fact that Ramos was selected - what - 11 times is clearly an indication.

For instance.

And you could plausibly - in my opinion - use that fact in an argument against people who claim that he's insanely overrated/shite/whatever.

But you can't use it as a strong point against people who claim that X, Y or Z were better players.