Most satisfying thing when playing football

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
I am a bit of a fat cnut now. A few years ago when I wasn't as fat (still fat 6'2 and 100+ kg) I used to play deep in midfield cause I was so unfit. But cause I was heavy and still a bit deceptively quick I loved clattering the smaller players that thought they were something.

Nothing malicious at all, just body and excessive force when I knew I was going to win a ball anyway with the body.

I was quite good at holding the ball as well so when people tried to win it back I was adept at using my body to shield the ball and especially against the smaller guys. It almost became a sick game of doing as much as I could to clatter an opponent while I was on the ball to draw a foul. (Hopefully on myself but more on the other guy)

I just used to love being on the ball while small guys tried to get it off me cause they'd try to muscle and use their body but it was never going to work. Made me feel big :lol:

Like I said a bit cnuttish I know. I've matured a lot since then.

I distinctly remember playing at a ground that had a dangerous embankment near the cornerflag. (Probably a yard or two away from it) With a railing and quite a steep angled 3 or 4m descent and a 5ft drop into a concrete canal/stormwater drain.

I was holding the ball up on the corner flag and one guy I had been baiting all game came flying in to try and barge me off the ball and I had just seen it at the last second and turned enough to throw a good enough shoulder on him and he skittered past, into the railing and went KO over it and down the embankment into the canal. (It didn't have any water in it).

It was pretty lucky :lol: he could have been washed away or something or done some real damage in the fall. I just stood there laughing at him and it ended up that he had to run about 400m down the canal to the ladder to get out of it and then run back to the ground.

It was funny, I still remember his ratty little face as I was laughing at him. :lol:

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
A nice bit of trickery to fool the opposition or an assist. But actually, the most satisfying is playing well as a team and winning.

LoveInTheAsylum

I used to love any chip or rare instance of controlling a ball on the chest while in mid-air, before I became incredibly shit at football. Or rather before I became self-aware. And I love striking a ball with my knee/thigh too.

99 red balloons

Did a "reverse tackle nutmeg" (not sure if I invented that, I think I did) on someone a couple of weekends ago. Had his back to me, protecting the ball - stuck my foot through his legs and rolled the ball back so I had complete control of it.

Was very satisfying I must say.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
There's something about really connecting with a volley, even a clearance. I love it
The clearance ones are sometimes the best because you can just boot them without needing to hold back a bit for accuracy. That feeling of really connecting is decent.
The worst feeling has to be when you slice one though and it goes no where :lol:

My favourite is an accurate long ball, preferably also a throughball.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I'm a striker, but I simply love a quick-give-and-go with a midfielder bursting forward.

At training a couple of weeks ago, I met the ball, got a pass into feet by a midfielder who continued his run, flicked the ball back to him on my first touch, turned, got the return ball on his first touch and then my first touch took it away from the last defender, perfectly timed. A coolly slotted finish into the nearest corner finished the move nicely off.

That was pretty satisfying.

I love a great first touch from a long ball, too. And I love a disguised finish into the near corner, catching the keeper off guard when one-on-one. Great feeling.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I scored a goal last year which went in off the underside of the bar, bounced over the line, and bounced out again.

The referee give it. The other team went mad. I loved it.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
I'm a striker, but I simply love a quick-give-and-go with a midfielder bursting forward.
Hahah I hate it when you lay the ball off perfect for them too far out to shoot and get in a great position and they shoot horribly.. haha:lol:

Excal

Getting stuck in. I play in defence, so there's nothing better for me than making a hard tackle as the last man that saves us from a 1-on-1. Can't believe the crying and moaning that this elicits, though. If that one girl didn't want to get hurt, she shouldn't have laced on her boots!

Sw33t

I also like shoulder barging the little cocky quick fecker you always get when youre both running after a loose ball and he bounces off you lol.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Getting stuck in. I play in defence, so there's nothing better for me than making a hard tackle as the last man that saves us from a 1-on-1. Can't believe the crying and moaning that this elicits, though. If that one girl didn't want to get hurt, she shouldn't have laced on her boots!
i play versus this team and that teams striker is just like that, a whining bitch. One of my defenders tackled him and he fell over and he got up and said very quietly "Im gonna kill him" :lol:

The Hairdryer

Showering with the lads after a game.
This probably looks bad. I'll clarify...

I enjoy the banter and camaraderie with teammates after the game whether it be in the shower or down the pub having a few coldies.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
I'm really shit so if I can use my first touch to knock it past an opponent or in general do anything with it that isn't an incompetent attempt at a trap then I'm happy.

Well either that or taking the ball past an opponent. I'm a right cumbersome bastard so I always consider it an achievement.

The non goalscoring highlight of 'career' was when I laid on an assist when receiving the ball from a midfielder with my back to goal I first time flicked it with the outside of my boot around the defender for the winger to run onto and finish.

kikks

Playing in midfield, there's nothing like a perfectly switched ball out to the flank, when you hit the winger right on his laces. Great feeling.

As a fullback, I love when I go on a gut-busting run forward overlapping a winger, and then ping a great cross in for a goal by either a midfielder or a striker. Of course, doing the gut-busting run without receiving the ball sucks ass though. That long run back when the winger loses the ball is murder.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Using any sort of skill in game. Zidane's flip-flap or Ronaldinho's (I have no idea what thats called anymore), if it comes naturally and you pull it off. That's a great feeling.

Bebe

Hitting a perfect cross to set up a goal. Open play, corner, fk, whatever, as a winger I love that feeling. I give it a Scholes fist pump (see Ronaldo Roma header) every time it works.

I'm usually the most vocal player on the team, I like when you can see the effect of good communication, usually resulting in a sequence of good passing.

vivaronaldo

a crunching slide tackle where you meet 50/50, but because you can afford to go to ground and the attacker cant, you use your legs/body to block the ball which results in the bloke flying over your body with all of his momentum....if done properly it leaves me getting up with the ball at my feet with no one in front of me and him on his ass trailing behind , otherwise yellow card time......

reddevilcanada

Dribbling past helpless defenders at pace

Splitting & going through the opposite team with simple one-twos and one-touch football (it helps if your teammates are on the same page and can pull it off)

Through passes and splitting defences open with a simple ball/lob over the defenders' heads setting your teammates up for a one-on-one (much more effective than those on the ground as it's much less expected and harder to intercept)

feck me, football is incredible; just about everything from a simple pass to a delightful chip can be orgasmic.

Jopub

From Barca to Orient - back down to earth with a b
"Thomas..It's up for grabs now - Thomas, righ
A half volley strike 25 yards out from any angle and the ball does'nt rise up more than a foot off the ground hitting the net before the floor, keeper does'nt move - fking sweet that is

The 'early hit' just placing a ball in from twenty yards or less with not much pace but having hit it early - keeper has absolutely no chance but everybody thinks he should have had it as the ball had no real pace on it just positioning - you know that he knows the moment that ball left your foot it was all over and done with - niiice

The captain's thing is a double edged one - screaming at somebody for making a stupid mistake you then two minutes later you make an even bigger one and want the ground to open up !! :lol:

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
ok, it's obviously a personal preference that results from they way I'm built and how i play but i love:

- shoulder to shoulder contacts and all moments when physical strength comes to play. Using brut force to steal the ball, smack it up-filed is something i thrive on

- as i have good stamina i love chasing opposition counter attacks. I have that knack of making last ditch challenges....also when i play up-front i like harassing defenders, pressing them, chasing loose balls etc

- I don't have good technique but I'm quite good at one-two's and making these defense splitting passes. Love making them.

VivaRonaldo7

Winning the League

Winning Player of the season

Actually on the pitch you can't beat a one on one duel. Had one on Friday night whilst playing Uberlube at home with their centre half and it was a right battle.

Trionz

Once i occupied right wide position. The pass to me was poor & was behind me. i knew i won't get the ball in control but decided to still try for it. I turned, leaned over oncoming defender, stretched & tried to kill the pace of the ball by collecting it with inside of my foot and as i was turning, surprisingly the ball stuck by my toe & spun along with my foot. I spun the defender as well plus placed the ball well in enough space to take the shot. Saved but that piece of luck gave me a slight high that day.
Loved it.

That and each time, there is an assist from me.
Scoring a tap in or powerful shot is not as fun as assisting it.