Most talented young player in the world at the minute?

Sally Cinnamon

From players around the 18-22 years old bracket. Who do you lot reckon it is?

I'd go for Gotze. I honestly think it's obscene how good he is, particularly in the past month or two he has been in amazing form. He's probably the one I've seen the most of though as I watch a decent amount of Bundesliga.

The other one I personally think is almost nailed on to be world class is Isco, maybe I've just gotten lucky because any time I see him he's absolute class.

I've never watched Neymar play except for Brazil in the Olympics but he seems to pop up with outrageous goals every month and obviously he has a massive reputation and hype around him. Hazard is another who has already made a big move but to be honest I haven't seen much of him this season.

James Rodriguez is the other name that always pops up but I've never seen him play.

Where does Wilshere rank?

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
According to Whoscored.com, the stat site that uses Opta data to rate players, Hernanes and Lamela are tearing up Serie A. Of course that must be nonsense.

Comsmit

Gotze & Isco are ridiculously good. I think Toni Kroos and Christian Eriksen are sublime talents, so gifted and mature as midfielders. Neymar is probably the player with the biggest potential overall.

From our own ranks De Gea is arguably the most promising player within that age bracket.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
From the PL Wilshere, Hazard and De Gea stand out as options.

Art

Art the artist
Just out of interest duffs, do you rate Mceachren?Do you think he'd have a career at Chelsea? My brother who is a Chelsea fan himself is really putting his hopes on whom he calls "Joshy boy".

Brightonian

Wilshere would rank very highly with me. Harder for him to stand out because he doesn't play in such a 'flair' position, but he's actually in the role which you don't normally shine in until you get a bit older, which makes him doubly impressive.

Plus, brilliant as many of these players are, I've yet to see any youngster shine against Barca the way Wilshere did, and he was up against that infamous midfield. Neymar only sputtered and sparked.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Neymar and Oscar for me (love watching them play).. Gotze never wows me, but he's obviously incredibly effective and super intelligent. Wilshere is sublime but he's featuring for two teams which are notorious for failing at the moment.. Gunners & England, so whether he can reach that really elite level depends on the players around him.

Overall Neymar, especially if he makes that move to Barca.

Defensively, Smalling.

Art

Art the artist
Just a matter of time till Wilshere moves to United ;). Wilshere and Cleverly would be a great pairing. Very intelligent players the pair of them.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I think Wilshere is the ideal replacement for Scholes providing he remains injury free... but he's just signed a new contract and we need a replacement asap.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
He had a really bad loan move last season (at Swansea, barely played) but is doing well at Boro this season.

It really depends on who our manager is next season as to whether he gets a chance. At the moment it's impossible to say.

I have been surprised that Benitez has not used some of our young players (at 5-1 up against Leeds he brought on Paolo Ferriera when could have used George Savile or Nathan Ake). It would be a great way to get the fans behind him.

Art

Art the artist
I've watched Mceachren couple of times and he hardly gives the ball away does he? Very mature for his age. 18 is he not?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I've watched Mceachren couple of times and he hardly gives the ball away does he? Very mature for his age. 18 is he not?
He's 19 now. I think you are giving him a little too much credit there. He often gives the ball away because he tries difficult passes a lot.

His dribbling and conrol are excellent though...

What he really needs is playing time and it's very unlikely he'll get that at Chelsea anytime soon. I reckon another loan next season, to a prem club.

Art

Art the artist
that kid Nastasic from city aint too bad for a CB, 19 years of age...looks to have settled well, very bright future ahead of him ...hopefully he moves on to another club soon ;)
Vida wants him here at United.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
In that age bracket I'd say it's Neymar. Still only 20, and I think there is a good chance he'll develop the "good way" if he chooses the right club when he finally comes to Europe.

I'd say he's closely followed by a pack of Gotze, Isco, James Rodríguez... Can't really pick any of these as I've seen much more of Rodríguez than the other two.