Most unsporting moments

RedMaestro

(thesportbible.com):

"I was just being clever. Bertrand went down and I thought to myself 'I am going to use this to my advantage'. I pretended to kick the ball out of play, but when my opponent looked behind him, I just went past him instead.

"I know that it was perhaps not the most beautiful thing to do, but it was just something clever, nothing more. I can have a good laugh about it.

"My team-mates told me in the dressing room that they would have kicked me hard had I pulled off something like this against one of them... What would I have done had my cross resulted in a goal? A goal is a goal!

I think people are exaggerating all this a bit. It was not like I found myself one-on-one with the goalkeeper after it.

"What I would have done in a situation like this? I always wait until the ball is out of play. I would not be standing there and looking behind me. That was not the brightest thing to do. But let's not turn this into something big. It is better to laugh about it than turn it into something big. I will not do it again, also because I don't think it will work again."

Last edited:

TrimiPejes

What Ole and Suarez did was just out of commitment, can't blame them for that even though it's unsportlike, they took a red for the team.

Fingeredmouse

That was an honest attempt to play the ball. He did in fact play the ball. He may have been reckless in that attempt.

The Ole foul was an out and out cynical attempt to stop a player from scoring. He had no intention of playing the ball.
I assume by ball, you mean testicle?

Tarrou

This is an interesting one. Apparently this is the correct call but it just doesn't seem right. In my opinion the team should have missed the pen on purpose.

RU Devil

This is an interesting one. Apparently this is the correct call but it just doesn't seem right. In my opinion the team should have missed the pen on purpose.

Considering the actual PK (slow & in the center), he kinda gave him a chance to save. It's not like he blasted the ball into one of the corners. Can't blame him for not putting the shot outside the frame. Dumb penalty, though. Probably couldn't happen in a top league, as it's rare to see players warm-up on the end line.

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
Is that according to the rules? It looks weird giving a penalty for that, why not give an indirect free kick?

Deleted member 101472

Jason Mcateer for scoring on the rebound of this clearly deliberately missed penalty from fowler.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Is that according to the rules? It looks weird giving a penalty for that, why not give an indirect free kick?
Should be an indirect free-kick as far as I'm aware. Obviously very silly from the sub, but I think the ref has awarded the wrong decision there.

Tarrou

Should be an indirect free-kick as far as I'm aware. Obviously very silly from the sub, but I think the ref has awarded the wrong decision there.
I'm just going by Youtube comments so it could well be bollocks, but they are saying the rules changed in 2016

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I'm just going by Youtube comments so it could well be bollocks, but they are saying the rules changed in 2016
Right enough. Fair enough. No sympathy with the sub to be honest.

new rule explanation said:
There is a growing problem of substitutes/team officials entering the field to interfere with play or an opponent, e.g. stopping a goal. This is clearly ‘unfair’ and a direct free kick (or penalty kick if in own penalty area) is more appropriate

TJSF

Supports
Benfica
So Real Madrid first goal against Sevilla? So much about Fair play.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
I don't remember the match per se, but there was this guy who used another's hand to hit himself and get a foul! :lol:

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
I was never a great fan of this play by Ronaldinho. Clever bastard :lol:

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
What was wrong with it? Sevilla players were whinging, ball was in play. Seems OK to me!
1. ball several meters away from the original foul spot.
2. ref standing in front of the kepper blocking his vision.
3. It was a "quick" free kick taken over 10 seconds later.

never mind about the fair play. Sevilla players were helping the injured player to recover at the same time.

what's wrong with it?

Mr.Plow

Remember Suarez once shouted for a player on the other team to leave it and they fell for it.