MOTD 2014/15

CallyRed

BBC had to spoil it on their 50th anniversary with having Robbie Savage as a pundit.

CallyRed

Barry Davies is a commentating legend. Still better then Jonathan Pearce.

The Red Thinker

How many of you danced the Carlton dance when it started going - "It's not unusual to feel.... " - at the start of the show?:cool:

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I thought my TV was dodgy when I turned back over and saw them old school graphics. Just saw Nugents 1v1 chance, useless idiot. He won a England cap once and scored on his debut would you believe.

Giggsy92

I thought my TV was dodgy when I turned back over and saw them old school graphics. Just saw Nugents 1v1 chance, useless idiot. He won a England cap once and scored on his debut would you believe.
No one will ever forget that goal, wonderful strike.

HabeasC

A bit of an unnecessary wankfest over Diego Costa on MOTD. I thought his touch was nowhere near as good as they were making it out and he got a bit lucky.

I guess the fact that he has put the ball in the back of the net already makes him better than any Chelsea striker since Drogba.

Glanville95

A bit of an unnecessary wankfest over Diego Costa on MOTD. I thought his touch was nowhere near as good as they were making it out and he got a bit lucky.

I guess the fact that he has put the ball in the back of the net already makes him better than any Chelsea striker since Drogba.
Agreed. Found it amusing when Shearer used that one example of Costa's impressive control when he chested the ball about four yards away from himself near the halfway line.

On second showing, the control for his goal was very good though.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?

That's because the MOTD pundits watch all the 3pm kick offs at the same time, so they're really going off the bits they see every now and again. He was pretty average really and that seemed to be the opinion of a few on here that actually watched the full game.

ThanksBoss26

Sixpencepost: 16312936 said:
Much prefer Davies' measured approach than these commentators getting excited over nothing. Listen to Motson now and tell me he doesn't need pensioning off.
I know, he has done for a good few years now. I think the same of Tyler on Sky.

saivet

I'm like 20 mins behind but Foster is such an erratic keeper. He seems to always do dumb shit

Scrumpet

There are no words
Their coverage is just shite. If Erik Lamela played well, show me him playing well, don't show me 3 clips of him fecking up and tell me he's played well in spite of it.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Was painful watching us again. 50 yards of space in front of our CBs and they pass it sideways.

Sigh.

Scrumpet

There are no words
Neil Lennon reckons what we really need is a new striker. What a genius.
It was the pair of them. "No one with pace to run beyond". There aren't many things you could say aren't wrong with us at the moment but that's one of them.

montpelier

That Ronnie Radford goal is the greatest strike of all time.
Yeah, that's what I always think. Normally from that ;long-ness' of distance in that era (heavier ball) the GK is kinda always like vaguely in with a chance of getting a hand to it or his dive puts him close enough that it's a case of him not reaching the ball. But this one is screaming past the GK with no deviation from very soon after RR hits it, GK would be better served by just turning round and walking into the net to fetch the ball. It is very muddy after all.

montpelier

Savage is just totally ludicrous. Big Ears is now so far up himself he starting to resemble one of those TV National Treasures that only a few people actually like. But I thought Shearer has improved, someone is prepping him some research notes or something at the very least.

Sam

Watching how good Chelsea are right now is so depressing. Costa looks a beast too :(

Sam

They will be the team that beat no doubt. Looking good so far.
All of their players just look so calm and composed on the ball. In all honesty, even Everton look miles ahead of us right now.

Sam

City's pitch looks different. I can't put my finger on it.