MOTD 2016/17

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Scored in 16 different seasons now :eek:

saivet

These tactics City are playing seem like they will cost them against better teams.

Can work with a team like Bayern but City's players aren't all that good.

saivet

Said it before, will say it again, Lloris is Joe Hart standard. Better with his feet and playing as a sweeper, but aside from that, I don't think he does much else better.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Crystal Palace's top scorer last season scored 5 goals. Crazy.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Said it before, will say it again, Lloris is Joe Hart standard. Better with his feet and playing as a sweeper, but aside from that, I don't think he does much else better.
Balls. Lloris has great reactions. Not DDG but tier below, which is no shame.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
I've said this for a while too. Never been convinced by Lloris. Makes too many mistakes, and a diverse range of them, to be rated at the top. Think similar of Courtois, less mistake prone but not a spectacular keeper for Chelsea. de Gea is in a league of his own in the Prem, followed by Cech, then a drop down into a group of very good but not world class keepers like Lloris, Hart and Courtois.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Speaking of goalies, I was surprised Mandanda wasnt between the sticks for Palace today. Pretty high profile name, I had assumed he would be taking the #1 spot.

saivet

I've said this for a while too. Never been convinced by Lloris. Makes too many mistakes, and a diverse range of them, to be rated at the top. Think similar of Courtois, less mistake prone but not a spectacular keeper for Chelsea. de Gea is in a league of his own in the Prem, followed by Cech, then a drop down into a group of very good but not world class keepers like Lloris, Hart and Courtois.
I tend to agree, though I think Courtois is better than Lloris and Hart and at least level with Cech.

Stormsurfer21

I tend to agree, though I think Courtois is better than Lloris and Hart and at least level with Cech.
I think Courtois is better than some people on here think. It's unfair to say he's at the level of Lloris and Hart after coming off such a disastrous season with Chelsea.

He was great when he played for Atletico and he always perfoms when playing with the Belgian NT. I'd say, as saivet stated, he's at level with or slightly better than Cech. Dave is the best though.

Reactions: Duafc

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Saw the start but then stuck the Olympics on. Did he do the whole show in those shorts?

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Jonathan Pearce, Danny Murphy and Jermaine Jenas all thought Rooney was "superb".

I don't understand what game some of these pundits are watching at times.

Raw

Jonathan Pearce, Danny Murphy and Jermaine Jenas all thought Rooney was "superb".

I was just about to post the same, fecking idiots.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him

Just posted in a Rooney thread about this. It is crazy, he was probably our worst player but yet according to Danny Murphy he was superb :lol:.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Just posted in a Rooney thread about this. It is crazy, he was probably our worst player but yet according to Danny Murphy he was superb :lol:.
They talk about Zlatan and Rooney together as if they're in the same league :lol:

It's laughable really.

Woodzy

Rooney didn't put a foot wrong in those highlights. In fact it made him look like he had a decent game. Anyone who didn't actually watch the game will now be inking Rooney actually played well on the back of that.

It's also worth noting that Danny Murphy thinks it's an exciting time for Liverpool and they looked like contenders today. Im guessing they were ignoring the fact that Arsenal were shite and Liverpool still managed to concede 3 bloody goals. Liverpool are going to struggle against any team with a half decent defence and it's going to be hilarious.

With that being said, they were also quite complimentary of us to be fair though.

MittenCrab

I was just about to post the same, fecking idiots.
Perhaps the only way to get an honest analysis would be to do with punditry what's been done to the rest of the game: bring in foreign talent.

Get some Italian, German and Spanish ex-pros on who've never played football (or golf) with the players they're pronouncing judgement on. If they don't speak English and you have to subtitle them so much the better.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
I told you Rooney's the most protected player in the media. Expect a media generated shitstorm if he ever gets dropped.

Smoking_Owl

Account closed by request: 23/11/17
Jonathan Pearce had a nightmare.

''Mata is most likely to lose through Pogba's arrival'' - wrong to the point where he displays a fundamental lack of understanding of football to a worrying degree

''Good to see Luke Shaw back after his cruciate ligament injury'' - wrong

''Rooney played really well today'' - wow

Anustart89

Jonathan Pearce had a nightmare.

''Mata is most likely to lose through Pogba's arrival'' - wrong to the point where he displays a fundamental lack of understanding of football to a worrying degree

''Good to see Luke Shaw back after his cruciate ligament injury'' - wrong

''Rooney played really well today'' - wow
I think the Shaw one was actually about Wilson, who did his ACL, wasn't it? It was right after his chance when Shaw messed up the touch in the box, I think.