Mourinho | 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I'm not having this. We had a poll on here and we all said we wanted him. We all did. Anyone who complained was shot down and called a WUM. Everyone coming out now and complaining can do one. We HAVE to start standing behind the manager. If you posted all summer in the Pogba thread, if you made the LVG out thread the biggest thread last year then this is what you have sewn. As a fanbase this is what we wanted so we give him at least till Christmas.

SomeRandomPerson

Doesn't matter who you wanted. The majority got their wish and now we need to make the most of it. We simply can not keep lurching from manager to manager without a plan. If Mourinho fails, we'll have to go down with him.
Agreed. We can't just keep sacking manager after manager in the hope of change. If managers of the pedigree of Jose Mourinho and Louis van Gaal can't get us winning, you have to wonder if the problems run deeper. If we sack Mourinho, then what? Appoint Giggs? Simeone? And what if they don't succeed?

I can't believe Jose thinks height=Aerial superiority! fraud manager
By far the most overused word on this forum. I've heard everyone from Wenger, Van Gaal, Wilshere and Klopp called frauds. It seems like even actually achieving all that these people have isn't enough to establish that they are actually good at their jobs.

He's taking counter attacking football to its extreme. We don't put teams under any kind of pressure. We sit off against every Tom Dick and Harry and a
L it does is give the team we are facing my confidence. A win today wouldn't even make me happy.
The one criticism I have of Mourinho is that I don't know how he wants to play. There seems to be absolutely no plan or pattern in our play.

Dumbat12

This is the moment. This is the match when a top manager tells Wayne Rooney and other underperformers to feck off and get used to sub appearances unless they pull their finger out.

I don't think he's going to do it though.
Fecking this. After this match if he doesn't drop Rooney and play the tactic that best suits the team and not the individuals, then I'm done with him.

Everyone can see the problem, but for some reason he is acting exactly like Moyes and LVG did: "My cAptain shall always play".

He should play Carrick (holding) - Herrera (support) and Pogba (attack) in midfield. It's just so obvious and yet for some reason none of our managers want to play the tactics that are best for our team.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
He is under serious pressure now

You can't help but put this along side his Chelsea season. He came as damaged goods (like I told you all) and he has a huge job to put things right

We look like a fecking shambles. Today was as disjointed as lvg at his very worse

acnumber9

He needs to be doing better. His transfer policy seemed focused on what he wanted but it's not transferring to what's seen on the pitch. Players still playing out of position regularly.

Woodenlung

The one thing I've always associated with Mourinho sides is defensive solidity and that isn't there. Part of that I think is down to the lack of pressing in midfield. We're dropping off and inviting pressure in ourselves by playing players who can't keep the pace in midfield.

Then there's the problem in attack. Mourinho isn't a manager with sophisticated attacking patterns like Guardiola and it shows. It's so rudimentary.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Has not lost three games in a row since his Porto Days.. We are heading into dark times my friends. I am worried that some fans will not take this and we will see a scenario that we have not seen before in United history.

-Nostradamus

NinjaFletch

I'm not having this. We had a poll on here and we all said we wanted him. We all did. Anyone who complained was shot down and called a WUM. Everyone coming out now and complaining can do one. We HAVE to start standing behind the manager. If you posted all summer in the Pogba thread, if you made the LVG out thread the biggest thread last year then this is what you have sewn. As a fanbase this is what we wanted so we give him at least till Christmas.
Christ, you know we've been bad when people feel the need to post stuff like this. Not that you're wrong, but jesus.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Mourinho is to blame for that.

Absolutely awful subs and horrible tactical play. This isn't a team it's a bunch of individuals. His work starts now as a manager and honestly I worry if it carries on we won't even make the top 4 at this rate. Watford were shit today and we made it look easy. Absolutely frustrated and we are getting worse and worse every week.

BIG CHANGES NEEDED
Thing is, Jose is scared of making big decisions.

Ludens the Red

He's making the same mistakes as his predecessors, it's actually incredible to see. Like the exact same mistakes. For someone who has a history of being so tactically aware he's literally just throwing things together hoping it sticks.
The moving of Rooney around is probably the funniest thing he's doing, how does he think it's sustainable? Where's the plan? the logical set up? Why does he not play his best performing midfielder of the season so far? It's all very strange.

Heinzesight

He better get his act together because that was as bad as anything under Moyes or Van Gaal.

A horrendous performance from every player, terrible tactics, no fight. How he can think Rooney is worth a place in the team is beyond me. An abortion of a team and he needs to start playing players in their actual positions, fecking fuming.

Revan

Assumptionman
Giving signs of a past-it manager, similar to the our previous manager. There is no way that Mourinho of a few years ago would have lost three in a row, and there is no way that he would have tolerated this shit after shit performance from Rooney. Lets not forget, he did remove Adriano from his starting lineup ASAP, and he benched Casillas for feckin Adan despite that Casillas was their most decorated player and the darling of Spanish football and media.

gza the genius

Call me crazy but maybe Rooney and Fellaini in the middle isn't the way forward. Genuinely don't know how he doesn't see this. And then rather than change either of those two he pulls a LVG subs both the fullbacks.

Rajma

Deserves this for playing Rooney alone, especially in the combination with Fellaini.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I'm worried. I'm not saying Mourinho is going to fail here, but the chances of him failing are a lot higher than I thought when he arrived. We looked absolutely terrible today, it looks like it's only going to get worse and it wouldn't surprise me if the wheels came off.

Before this game, I was under the impression that finishing outside the top 4 was outside the realms of possibility, now I know that that definitely isn't the case. We have every chance of missing out on top 4 and it's safe to say City will be light years ahead of us this season.

We have harder games coming up soon, this is probably going to get worse before it gets better.

Varun

Staff
Needs to grow a pair, both in dealing with non performers and in how he sets us up to play. It's criminal how poorly we're playing atm and given the quality of teams we're losing to, you simply cannot brush it off as a lack of quality and shit like that.

Treble

The most baffling thing for me: many fans were saying that Zlatan and Rooney wouldn't work because of lack of dynamism. Mourinho not only doesn't see it--and it is pretty obvious--but adds Fellaini which becomes suicidal. Has he put money on getting fired before the end of the season???

Bruno8

Midfield selection is costing us games and none of the new signings are playing well as the PL games start to get more quicker

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just as we weren't amazing when we won 3 in a row, we're not suddenly useless with 3 defeats.

Plenty to improve on for sure though. Would help if the wingers turn up, but the biggest decision is what to do inthat centre of mid.

IhabX7

Things started to go wrong when he blamed players by name for his own mistakes against City. That was astonishingly stupid, because this squad of players is so fragile that anything might cost you losing them. He must turn things around immediately or this group will play with no heart just like they did for LVG and Moyes.

Drop Rooney immediately, find the strongest XI and keep the squad motivated and we'll be challenging for the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.