Mourinho at full time: "Pogba a virus. You don't play. You don't respect players/fans" [Castles]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Can we have a banner saying Mourinho is a virus? He's disgusting.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It has reached a point where Jose needs to go, Carrick and McKenna need to step in until the end of the season and then Woodward must also step down. Season is finished.
:eek: Guess everyone has their breaking point!

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Apparently the banner is going to have Mourinho as the exterminator.

Pogba, Woodward and Glazers as the rats.

Should be ready Wednesday.
Mourinho must be paying you a lot. You're not a United fan.
Either you're Castles or Jose Junior. I hope fellow fans have the good sense to boo that fecking banner!

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Because you're paid millions of pounds to do your fecking job? If you don't like it, nothing stops you leaving, he's only got 2 years on his contract now as far as I'm aware. I've got more than just a foot in the Mourinho Out camp now but Pogba, despite being our best player by a mile, is a completely unprofessional bellend.
I'm a fan, and I'm well away from Jose's toxicity and I find myself not minding it so much when Soton scored the second last night.

If I were Pogba, I'd certainly do my bare minimum, if it means Mourinho is sacked.

tjb

A team wouldn't be a mug to sign Pogba, far from it.
They would be. As talented as he is, he represents a major problem for us at the moment. He provides no help protection in midfield, leaving matic exposed. He forces formation switches which kills the form of other players, and provides a dressing room problem. PSG makes sense since the French League allows for laid back form. At Juve he was given time and space due to the pace of the league and the other midfield and defensive weapons juventus had, maybe go back there. But i cannot see him performing in La Liga either.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Imagine coming into this thread and calling Pogba toxic while having Mourinho as the manager, the man is the definition of toxic. You can't it up

Judas

Open to offers
They would be. As talented as he is, he represents a major problem for us at the moment. He provides no help protection in midfield, leaving matic exposed. He forces formation switches which kills the form of other players, and provides a dressing room problem. PSG makes sense since the French League allows for laid back form. At Juve he was given time and space due to the pace of the league and the other midfield and defensive weapons juventus had, maybe go back there. But i cannot see him performing in La Liga either.
Wasn't really signed to do that job, nor is it what he's best at. Matic exposes himself by being utter crap.

Moriarty

I'm a fan, and I'm well away from Jose's toxicity and I find myself not minding it so much when Soton scored the second last night.

If I were Pogba, I'd certainly do my bare minimum, if it means Mourinho is sacked.
That's really going to endear him to the fans who spent money travelling to Southampton to watch him do just that.

billybee99

It is his problem when he trots around the pitch, tries drag backs and loses the ball and generally stinks out the place though.

Im firmly of the opinion both he and mourinho both need to go.
This.

tjb

I had given up on Jose.. I gave up on Pogba after last night's match.

I have no interest in him staying at United. He does his own thing far too often.

They can both go. I wouldnt care.

The problem is though, 3 mangers have failed in a row.. If, and I have no idea if its true, only people running the club would know, but if its because the players act like dicks the mangers failing is down to "player power", then the priority must be to get them out first.

I honestly don't care either way anymore.
I had given up on both prior to the Chelsea match. Jose does not and will not be able to shape the squad the way he wants, and has done a relatively poor job at it. He has been asking to get sacked since the start of the season, and it has been obvious the spell is over for a while, but we keep drawing or scraping through some results and its not ending. We need him gone to be able to implement a new club strategy with a recruitment director moving forward.

Pogba is an even bigger issue. His lack of aggression in midfield does not suit the league. His poor attitude does not suit the club. He is like having neymar without the exceptional performances, its really not worth it. For me, the key to the premier league is having aggressive players in midfield, and a good creative attack. Pogba is one of the reasons we have such low work rate numbers compared to other teams. We have Fred, we have Herrera, we have Perreira, and we have Matic. We can afford to sell him, buying a winger AND and attacking midfield, play any two of those players and get great results. Utd is a club that emphasized team first. It has never been a club that glorifies stars, and maybe we need to go back to that starting with Pogba's sale.

tjb

Wasn't really signed to do that job, nor is it what he's best at. Matic exposes himself by being utter crap.
Every player in midfield is supposed to work hard for the team defensively, either with pressing or jockeying. Pogba does neither, he just strolls around looking lifeless. If Yaya Toure could work in a tandem with both Gareth Barry and Nigel de Jong, why can't Pogba.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Mourinho must be paying you a lot. You're not a United fan.
Either you're Castles or Jose Junior. I hope fellow fans have the good sense to boo that fecking banner!
I think it's Castles

Pires_7

Supports
Arsenal
i always Wondered who leaks stuff likes to the media?

PepsiCola

When redcafe Unites in hatred of Mourinho and optimism of a new manager, it will be a beautiful day.

Litch

He had a very bad game, how many of those has Matic and Lukaku had recently? Of course the rhetoric about Pogba prancing around as if he doesn't care will get thrown around again, and perhaps rightfully so - personally I think Pogba and Martial are our 2 most technically gifted, exciting players who have proven (particularly in Pogba's case) the kind of football they are capable of on more than enough occasions for us to question the manager that has consistently failed to get the best out of them (and most of his other players)

Nice try tho Jose
Spot on. If Jose manages to stay, it's going to be a fire sale as there is going to be a lot of players looking to get out this toxic environment. I'm pretty damn sure it will be equally hard to get anyone here too....

freeurmind

weak willed
Don't believe it. Media stirring more garbage so Jose's press conferences and the pre-game and post game shows have more content. So Jose felt he played so poorly but kept him on the field for 90 minutes with Fred available? Not buying it. It's time for Jose to go, sick of this constant never ending melodrama.

Sir Scott McToMinay

You’re losing it mate.
I take the players’ side against the past-it egomaniacal eye-gauger who may have parked the bus and threw players under it all the way to success in the past, but now that he’s a middle aged middle of the road manager he can’t do it anymore.

Jojo <3 Mou

When redcafe Unites in hatred of Mourinho and optimism of a new manager, it will be a beautiful day.
Did this "hatred of [insert manager] and optimism of a new manager" happen for Moyes and van Gaal? How did that turn out?

Most people see the necessity for change, they just don't think that changing ONLY Mourinho is the the solution to all our problems.

Rolaholic

Every player in midfield is supposed to work hard for the team defensively, either with pressing or jockeying. Pogba does neither, he just strolls around looking lifeless. If Yaya Toure could work in a tandem with both Gareth Barry and Nigel de Jong, why can't Pogba.
Rather conveniant you seem to be forgetting about one David Silva and a prime James Milner who is still more mobile than Matic has ever shown at United

tjb

I was totally against bringing back Pogba, said so in the threads that preceded his 90 million pound return. There was just a bad smell about re-signing someone our greatest ever manager had reason to let go, and it was symptomatic of the directionless thrashing about post-Fergie that continues today. Pogba is obviously not a front man carrying the team, he's just a top talent who wants to do brilliant things on the pitch. But he doesn't do that many and when he fecks up it costs us. A real frustration. He needs a superb captain figure alongside him to liberate him from responsibility. Mourinho might have some twisted tendentious reasons for singling him out but I understand his disappointment.
For me, I think we have been using him so wrong this entire time. He is not a building block in midfield, he does not have the aggression, desire or mindset to play there. Yaya was a DM at Barcelona, so he was different. Pogba's size has decieved people into thinking he's a midfielder. He's a luxury attacking midfielder that can drive a team offensively, but needs a base of support behind him to be truly effective like ozil. In the Premier League, his reactions don't seem quick enough to be effective sometimes, and in my opinion, he should not be viewed as a catalyst for the team, but rather a very talented supporting player.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You've been churning out excuses for Jose all over this board and you mentioned him in your post. I don't care for you pretending you had an unbiased assessment of Jose and Pogba when it's clear you don't. I'm well within my rights to call you out.

Yeah I watched Pogba for Juve and also for France as well. With good players and a competent coach around him (the structure most world class players have) he has the potential to be world class. This much is clear. Problem is we never got to witness this b/c of the fraud, negative, out-of-touch manager you defended for so long.
What the feck are you on about? This is the post I made about Pogba in this thread:

Pogba is ridiculously overrated, he's no way near a KDB level. Always going to be a waste at 89m.
I said after that Jose needs to go too, and so does Pogba. I said the day he signed that he shouldn't have been bought. I even made a thread asking if anyone thought 89m could be better spent.

Look at my tag line, I didn't rate Pogba to the level the caf does so I was granted with a sarcastic title.

Rather than painting with a broad brush and assuming I just "give excuses for Jose all over the board", actually read the posts I make and stop trying to merge the manager into every single one of them.

Pogba isn't world class for me. He makes too many errors and loses concentration, he rarely operates for the team and is only great in very specific conditions. There are lots of midfielders who have been better than him.

GiddyUp

If he’s jot gong to be our full time, then no. If we are sacking Jose it has to be for a full time replacement. Let him work with the squad for the rest of the season, get a summer window to make the changes he needs and by the tim Ernest season starts we are off to the races. Anything else is just utterly pointless.
Who though?

PepsiCola

Did this "hatred of [insert manager] and optimism of a new manager" happen for Moyes and van Gaal? How did that turn out?

Most people see the necessity for change, they just don't think that changing ONLY Mourinho is the the solution to all our problems.
It'll be a HUGE step in the right direction, at the very least.

bosnian_red

This isn’t about Mourinho in or out, Pogba and Woodward have done nothing to help this situation.
I don't disagree, but the main blame ultimately goes to the manager IMO. It's his role to manage the dressing room, it's his job to get the best out of the players he has, it's his job to implement a system for the team and see continual progression and improvement. Pogba is a problem, but under another manager might be a star. That, or they decide to get rid and settle with someone they can trust. Woodward isn't afraid to spend big, and under another manager he might be able to get the best out of those signings and get the trust from Woodward to then get those few other key pieces if they are required to step up.

I'm far from Pogba's biggest fan on here, but I definitely think it's up to the manager to get the best out of what he has and being able to manage the various personalities. Mourinho isn't capable of doing that.

ken11

I don't care if Pogba has an issue with Mou or not because as far as I'm concerned, Pogba can rightly feck off for not doing his duty as a highly paid pro and that is to be the best he can be on the field, for the club.

Achilles McCool

That's really going to endear him to the fans who spent money travelling to Southampton to watch him do just that.
Absolutely this! Anyone (Caf members)who admits that they would play poorly just to get the manager sacked would not be a true professional!

Mainoldo

I don't care if Pogba has an issue with Mou or not because as far as I'm concerned, Pogba can rightly feck off for not doing his duty as a highly paid pro and that is to be the best he can be on the field, for the club.
What. About. Matic?

bosnian_red

Well there were some immediate results for both. Moyes was wrong from the start, Van Gaals first season was mostly positive and ended on an optimistic note. Half way through the next season it was time for him to go, eventually got sacked, and Mourinho brought a bit of freshness at the start and again a relatively optimistic first season. It's well past time to go now though. You have to hope that a manager can actually bring continual progress and not just a shorter rebound.

People can criticize Woodward and the board, and they aren't without blame, but their role is to provide funds for the manager and they have done that without question since Sir Alex retired. The manager has to coach the team, has to get the best out of what he has, has to implement a good system and show improvements year on year. Mourinho can't do that, that's why Mourinho needs to be sacked. The right manager in charge and these player issues all disappear, and the spending the board provides suddenly becomes adequate.

Just look at Arsenal this year. In the summer everyone was saying Emery had a hopeless situation because they weren't willing to let him spend big in the summer, everyone was saying how the players weren't good enough, too many soft players like Ozil, and so on. A few months into his reign and the "not enough support" has changed to "spent wisely" and the "lack of quality" has changed to "years of smart investment". What changed? The coach.

wolvored

I bet you would love to lick mourinhos ass or are you him in disguise?

Status
Not open for further replies.