Mourinho expects '2 or 3' summer signings, rules out January window activity, says he's been backed

Cadillac

No amount of tactics will make players aplly themselves with the right attitude. Nor make them not pass and cross like blind men. I refuse to accept for example that Mourinho is to blame for Mhkitaryan failing to find a single man in great crossing positions all game long today.
It's not just Mhkitaryan though mate. It's 85% of the playing group that has regressed. And why is that? Is it the players not buying into Jose's tactics? Or can they just not be fecked? When you watch them and compare how they were playing to not just last year, but earlier in the season. The effort just isn't there from them. They just don't give a crap about the meaning of putting on the united jumper.

Has Mourinho still got the fire in his belly to get the best out of a team? Do we honestly think the way he wants us to play football will stand up in 2018 and beyond? Let's not forget that he's been given the arse by his previous two employers at Chelsea and Real.

Last edited:

Stubble

Priorities... we will prob lose Fellaini and Carrick so at least one CM is a must plus a returning Pereira i hope (best if one can cover for Pogba). A decent creative 10 and a RW also needed urgently. This could be the 3 i would guess. We may also need LB and RB and a backup striker but expect this will wait till year after. LB can be Shaw/Young and RB Valencia/TFM/Young for one more season. ST will have to be covered by Martial/Rashford (Martial a better bet). If we get Ozil on a free maybe we will fill one of the other gaps. No chance of 5/6 players i'm afraid however nice that would be..

Distracted Steward

This is good. It's proving hard enough to get the team to play at the level it should be. I don't want to see the club take that task on while bringing in a half dozen players every summer like Liverpool did so desperately for years or City did when they were founded in 2008. It didn't work for them and it wouldn't work for us.

SAFicus

Linking this to the wages thread is this perhaps another reason that the improvement mourinho mentioned will take time.

Maximise the impact of our dime.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
It's not just Mhkitaryan though mate. It's 85% of the playing group that has regressed.
That is truly bad exaggeration. The only players to have regressed under Mourinho are Mhikitaryan and Herrera and its down to their own losses of form.

And why is that? Is it the players not buying into Jose's tactics? Or can they just not be fecked? When you watch them and compare how they were playing to not just last year, but earlier in the season. The effort just isn't there from them. They just don't give a crap about the meaning of putting on the united jumper.
The players were badly affected mentally by the loss to City. They haven't recovered their edge since. Only Pogba, Lingard, Mats and De Gea have been showing it since then but they can't do it alone. It helps us little that we don't have a single world class attacker to deal with it. Yet City at the same time heaped untold pressure on us to keep up with them and frankly we've cracked like an egg

Has Mourinho still got the fire in his belly to get the best out of a team? Do we honestly think the way he wants us to play football will stand up in 2018 and beyond? Let's not forget that he's been given the arse by his previous two employers at Chelsea and Real.
He was sacked by a player revolt. Not because of tactics. And he is just in a second year if a fundamental direction shift in terms of philosophy. I'll only get worried if we do invest in the side like we should and are this stale in January 2019.

Sensei

Supports
Dortmund
That first half vs Saints proves this. Boring football, no identity, no style = no clear chances. You can add 4-5 players, it won't make a difference if JM can't get a tune out of his players.

Mourinho's style doesn't work. Why is our passing so passive and slowly? Did he forget we sacked Van Gaal for this brand of football? Why is he emulating his football. (before people get upset, it might not be as bad as Van Gaal's football but it's not any less dull). The players don't look like they know how to score a goal. Lacking of guidance from the coach for me. No clear ideas.
Even Van Gaal was against hoofball unless he threw on agent Fellaini