Mourinho Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Right decision by the United hierarchy. No big club will touch Mourinho now, maybe international football is his next gig.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Woodward the thicko will chase Pochettino until the summer, not get him and appoint the first name that comes to his mind, Zidane most likely.
And then sack him two years later.

AlwaysRed66

Whoever comes in needs to have half a season to assess our players, particularly the offensive ones, then the next manager/or that one can be able to get the suitable players in & ones not working out. To do this we need an attacking coach, not if the rumours are correct someone like Bl**dy Conte.

Ranchero

Danny Mills reading my posts.. he just suggested on Sky Sports Gareth Southgate for the same reasons... he can build the club.

Bratt

I’ll have to say this day couldn’t get any better.
Just arrived from the doctors checking both testicles and prostate, they were all good, and now this?
Can’t tell right now what makes me more happy!

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Chances are very bleak. Don't really think we can pull this off.

Huge sigh of relief though. Thought I was done with football until the season.

RedNed77

I’d take wenger until the end of the season in a heartbeat. We’re not going to win anything anyway this year, but he’ll het them playing football

Revaulx

Wilf, O’Farrell, Big Ron, Moyes and now Jose were all sacked mid-season, and deservedly so. Why? Terrible results.

The Doc, Sexton and LvG were all sacked at the end of the season, the first for a non-footballing matter, the second after an impressive winning run, the third immediately after winning a major trophy. It could be argued that all three sackings were harsh.

So why is sacking underperforming managers mid-season not The United Way?

Vadim

Found a British Sky Sports stream. Souness said we should have given Moyes more time and Danny Mills reckons we need to get in Southgate :lol:

minoo-utd

Disagree. If someone at your work quits or is fired, do you randomly wait until the summer? This is a mistake I think we made when appointing Mourinho, why wait until the summer? We're not talking about signing a player outside of a window here. Why not pick the new man and get him an extra 4 months with the players rather than going into the first window cold? Feel like waiting until the summer is wasting an opportunity.
Maybe a new man is hired already but he is under contract with some club and wants to continue the season with them at least.

Hoboman

His "heritage" rant was disgraceful, deserved sacking after that alone.
The only positive thing is that the club now have strong core of young and hungry players. Lindelof, Bailly, Dalot, Shaw, Pogba, Fred, Martial and even Lukaku could be great under more attacking mind manager.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Na, I reckon we go for Klopp. He seems ready for a big club.

Eddy_JukeZ

He has a good a claim as anyone. He is a superb striker who will likely go down as the top scorer in the PL era and for England. Had a dip post-injury and during the World Cup, but is firing again now.
I would be very surprised if anyone else on here thinks that(besides Spurs fans).

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I mean it had to be done, but celebrating the day someone loses his job seems a tad classless. On the other hand the forum mourns when an opposition gets injured. Onwards and upwards, i guess. Looking forward to seeing more and a better version of Pogba.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Can't win anything with Kane up top and Vertonghen/Alderweireld in defence but he'll do it with our lot.

Get Favre in, has done far more worthy of praise than Pochettino. He's made Alcacer look world class, is pissing the bundesliga going undefeated with a mix of youth and experience, and has made Dortmund mighty impressive in the CL.

macheda14

Why on earth would he leave Tottenham though? He has better players there than United currently, they actually play in a bigger stadium as well.

As long as he stays at Spurs he will get credit even when he wins nothing, the risk of failure at United is way too big. And for what, more money? Because that's the only thing we can offer him.

It doesn't make any sense to me... If he just stays at Spurs clubs like Real, Bayern or PSG are going to come for him, all better projects than United currently.
Are you actually using their temporary stint at Wembley as a factor?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Any one thinks, lack of rui faria had a massive impact on Jose and he lost the ability to get the messege across to the players?
I'm not sure. We've basically replicated his third season at Chelsea, when he had Faria alongside him.

I'd struggle to think of anything to be grateful to him for. He's been such a bloody toxic presence.

RAVred

Chances of relegation if Carrick comes in...

I'd rather giggs, both of them are probably not so great managers. But Giggs is more inspiring to the players as hes considered more accomplished, better, and they arent familiar with him. They already encounter carrick on a daily basis and obviously arent motivated enough by him

Shark

@NotShark
I’m happy but let’s not pretend that all is well, this is just the beginning of yet another healing. Hopefully it goes right this time around, for the sake of our sanity.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Woodward the thicko will chase Pochettino until the summer, not get him and appoint the first name that comes to his mind, Zidane most likely.
And then sack him two years later.
Thing is, if we do it properly this time and put a structure in place then the manager shouldn’t be too crucial.

HisDudeness

Supports
Rangers
Jardim and Zidane would be my top choices, with Pocchettino a close third. Howe should be considered too.

I don't think that we should go with a high name manager this season. Leave it to Carrick and McKenna this season, and use the season to find first a good DoF and then calmly get a new manager for the next season(s).
oh you do need a big name manager, trust me. i would choose poch over zidane, though.

Yeah, I'm sure he can't wait to duke it out in the Europa League once again.
Utd in crisis have won more in 3 years than spurs have in 30 years!

I am fully aware that now is the time for other teams to laugh - but let's remember you are a supporter of a team that has no history of winning anything in your lifetime, so to gloat is preposterous!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Probably late on this but Simon Stone says we know who we want and we think he will be in place before Cardiff.

Status
Not open for further replies.