Mourinho Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skills

Snitch
A manager that finished second should have been sacked ‘months ago’.
Yes because unlike some people, I choose to watch our games. And the football was never acceptable for this club.

MoskvaRed

Thanks for the two cup wins in the first season. Otherwise, it’s been a joyless, awkward experience. As was pointed out, he had the demeanour of someone being held hostage. Whoever is appointed the next permanent manager, one of the conditions should be that he moves his family to Manchester.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
What do we know about Marco Rose?
Style?
Presence?
Media friendly?
Reaction from players

Walters_19_MuFc

It's never nice to see someone sacked, however, his time was up. Not only have the results been poor, but the football has been poor too.

Not sure what's next for him. Maybe Serie A, but he doesn't seem to have the same spark he had a few years ago, and his decline as a manager started to show at Chelsea.

Regardless of what's happened, though, he has been the most successful manager since Sir Alex and I thank him for that.

Eddy_JukeZ

Zidane until the end of the season. He does well, sign him up to a two year contract. He does average, get rid and go all in for Pochettino.
Zidane is not taking an interim role.

The man has won 3 straight CL titles.

Castia

It’s got to be Poch.

Pay whatever compensation Spurs want and give him a decent transfer budget to get this club back on track.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Not really celebrating as there are bigger problems at the club remaining, but glad he's gone as he has become a horrible person at the club.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I simply can't believe the OP. Thank you Jose ? Thanks for what? Wasting everyone's time?
By the way I firmly believe that the comeback from 2 down away to City was more to do with the players ignoring his instructions than following them.
Sod off you miserable git and don't come back. Ever.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Just listening to Talksport and there's the usual get Giggs and Class of '92 in. I am falling into a depression again. O'Neill and Keane? Christ!

NinjaFletch

It's the right decision and the celebrations are relief things might get better this season. I don't think anyone is happy it had to happen. We are just glad it did once it became obvious it needed to.

Ranchero

I'll always support our manager as long as I feel he deserves the support.

I just don't think Pochettino is a winner. And I know he's not won yet and he's not been at a 'top club', but I just don't think he'll be a winner either.
Players win games. We don't have the players. No matter who comes in, they will have to find the right players, and the crucial part is the centre of midfield. Hopefully now we will find someone who will appreciate, for once, that we need creative central midfielders with a football brain, not just big and strong.

OldPop

I am very excited. That Mou and management have not worked together we have understood, but it's harder to know what it's all about.

Now we may also find out more about what happened behind the closed doors. If any of the people involved want to give an honest explanation for the problems? That would be interesting.

SirAF

Ageist
It had to be done, but it’s a damning indictment of the club.

SteveW

I'd be drunk by now if I wasn't in work. This is literally the only thing I wanted this xmas. Glorious day

Raw

Thanks for 1.5 seasons of good feelings.

First season was shite in terms of the league but winning the Europa and the League Cup was a nice feeling, not to mention getting to watch Zlatan at United. First half of the second season was fun too before we capitulated and allowed City to get too far ahead of us. It's been utter shite from then on.

DRM

Unfortunately for us, Jose's lost it. The game's moved on and he hasn't adapted well to the fact he's been left behind. So it's a good decision.

We need to make things right this time. A big overhaul is needed. Especially better training coaches and maybe a DoF. Someone who knows how to run a football club, not a cash cow.
Agree with this. Just goes to show what a genius of a man SAF was, keeping up with the game for nearly 3 decades. God I really miss him as our manager!

Arka_BleedingRed

Still can't believe it. Manchester United being kind of proactive for once. I hope Woodward follows him out of the door.

I hope the club management has finally realised that no amount of short term fixes is going to work. Even if the season is gone, the planning has to start right now if the club is to stop it's free fall into the chasm.

For all his faults, Mourinho needs to be thanked for helping us achieve 2 trophies in his first year, 2nd place last year. Thank you, Jose but please never come back.

Ban

I simply can't believe the OP. Thank you Jose ? Thanks for what? Wasting everyone's time?
By the way I firmly believe that the comeback from 2 down away to City was more to do with the players ignoring his instructions than following them.
Sod off you miserable git and don't come back. Ever.
You have more than enough threads for posts like that.

Jardim would also be a good shout. Had a terrific few seasons with Monaco and plays good football. Plus if he doesn't work out, we cut ties at the end of the season. This season's a write off regardless.
And seems to love developing youth. Did it at Sporting and Monaco.

SirAF

Ageist
I am very excited. That Mou and management have not worked together we have understood, but it's harder to know what it's all about.

Now we may also find out more about what happened behind the closed doors. If any of the people involved want to give an honest explanation for the problems? That would be interesting.
We’re not going to find out anything. Mourinho will have signed a NDA.

Wayne's World

Love to give Marco Rose from Red Bull Salzburg. To me he's the next Jurgen Klopp in the making

He'd change the football and the coaching that these players do, he's been working with young players throughout his very short manager career so far

Him or Jardim for now, then wait until the summer and see where we are

Status
Not open for further replies.