Mourinho has dig at United fans over Lukaku

Kapardin

Mourinho is just venting his frustration. He knows we are not playing well because of injuries. He also wants to divert attention from Lukaku's form. So he is indulging in all this to create a fuss in the media.

Yesterday's comment he made about giving youth a chance seemed to me like he wanted to focus on that as a positive to deflect from the performance. Its' just the way he is, nothing can be done about it.

Once Pogba comes back and we start playing well, things will be back to normal.

prtk0811

In that case the club absolutely is spoilt because that is what will happen. Pep, Jose, Conte, Zidane they all have to produce to stay in their jobs. Some will get more of a leeway than others due to the nature of the clubs themselves but the principal will remain. I'm sorry but that's just clarifying the reality of the situation.

You don't get to be in a job because of your name. And besides all these managers get backed with enormous funds so the owners are sort of justified in their stand.
You can't win every time, there is only one winner at the end.

It would happen at every other club but not at United, only if you go below a certain standard and doing a pathetic job then manager gets replaced.

Success needs that sustained stable vision and hard work and that's what United has been all about and that how it is here.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You can't win every time, there is only one winner at the end.

It would happen at every other club but not at United, only if you go below a certain standard and doing a pathetic job then manager gets replaced.

Success needs that sustained stable vision and hard work and that's what United has been all about and that how it is here.
No one has mentioned being successful all the time. Every club has it's own expectations and we know what they are. Winning the big trophies is a necessity at each and everyone of them I've mentioned.

That it would take a manager/Jose doing a "pathetic" job at United for him to get replaced is incorrect. You need to do great things to stay. This is united of when Sir Alex took over. The owners are giving the managers enormous funds to meet the objectives.

Stability is very important but so is progress. I don't believe in a myopic view of things to only see trophies one in the present season but it's silly to argue that success and the big trophies is not a requirement at United. It simply is.

edgar allan

What will he do when you have drinking barrels like Rooney , a cam as a winger in Mata , absolutely young strikers playing as wingers and a non balanced midfeild who is slow lethargic and limited?

You need motivated players to win something. He did pretty well with an unbalanced injured squad.
Would you suggest that he has addressed that imbalance well with his millions spent?

Giggsyking

He is trying hard to explain everything he say's or do. This is not the Mourinho I first knew 14 years ago.

Kag

At least we're winning now, after the last 4 years. Maybe i've sold my soul, but after the last 4 years of shit football.. and not winning on top. Im grateful we're back up the top of the league/CL, and still ready to stomach the football/Jose's antics.

I don't overly like Mourinho's style, much of the footall on offer, that hes treating Man Utd as just another job, still living in a hotel etc, but at the same time, I recognise he's the best person for this job at present. A necessary evil and will leave us a stronger outfit than we were under Moyes/LvG.

Thats how I view the current situation anyhow.
Don't get me wrong, I agree with much of this. I wanted Mourinho after Ferguson, I wanted him during and after Van Gaal and I still want him now.

That said, both he and the players are much better than what is on display. That's why I'm criticising him. It's why sections of the media are, too.

Back to the initial post, however, I still maintain that this happens at every club. If people are willing to get out of their bubble they would see that.

Mike Oxard

Supports
City
Bang out of order if you ask me. We turn up in huge numbers, we buy the shirts, we pay the subs to MUTV etc. Utd fans have always 'said it as they see it' in my experience, so we are not going to change for Mourinho - SAF took the brickbats with the plaudits and he is 10x the manager that JM is or will ever be. If it looks like shit and smell like shit, expect Utd fans to call it shit.

Slimcharles69

Supports
MK Dons
Pretty much everything Mourinho says is unnecessary. Just loves to be at the center of a storm. Got to be one of the most narcissistic motherfeckers I’ve ever come across. Fans, players, staff, media will get caught in the crosswinds.

Let’s just hope there are trophies to make up for it.

He's like one of those broads that we've all dated that can't be at peace and has to find something to bitch and complain about. From the PSG comments to this now it just looks like he's looking for any reason to stir shit up. He'll be gone in 2 years I guarantee it. Just too confrontational despite his talent

frank lee madeer..

Mourinho is just venting his frustration. He knows we are not playing well because of injuries. He also wants to divert attention from Lukaku's form. So he is indulging in all this to create a fuss in the media.

Yesterday's comment he made about giving youth a chance seemed to me like he wanted to focus on that as a positive to deflect from the performance. Its' just the way he is, nothing can be done about it.

Once Pogba comes back and we start playing well, things will be back to normal.
If lukaku isn't in form ( I hadn't noticed,the whole team looks poor atm) , relieving him of penalty duties in a match broadcast around the world, is maybe not the best way to show the lad you believe in him. Very strange if you ask me.

Daniel Moore

Much like him shushing when martial scored I agree with him and think it’s ridiculous. Lukaku could have been a lot worse the balance and the way we can rotate players and systems with him is exactly what we’ve been needing for 3 years. He’s not world class but he’s been really important to our shape which has yielded a very good start. He’ll be an effective player. I wonder how players like andy Cole and Fowler would be judged today. People forget they might go quiet a few games and score lots of simple goals but not many people get 20+every season at top level. A guy said to me once ruud was shite and overrated he just poached tap ins.... it’s that mentality

Last edited: