Mourinho is our best option

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Scholes pls (Giggs too if he's interested, but I am guessing he's waiting for the Earth Team XI managers job, that's his level in his opinion).
They don't know how to coach much less put a structure in place for this attacking football. It's one thing to say we want it and Giggs likes attacking football etc etc, but liking and implementing are two different things. No, we would need to get someone (if Jose implodes) who knows what they're doing.

Member 5225

They don't know how to coach much less put a structure in place for this attacking football. It's one thing to say we want it and Giggs likes attacking football etc etc, but liking and implementing are two different things. No, we would need to get someone (if Jose implodes) who knows what they're doing.
sorry, I meant re: attack coaches, not as managers!

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
sorry, I meant re: attack coaches, not as managers!
Same problem. They don't know how to coach. We need proper coaches. No jobs for the boys unless they prove they can do this - elsewhere.

Anyway, Happy New Year pal.

Member 5225

Same problem. They don't know how to coach. We need proper coaches. No jobs for the boys unless they prove they can do this - elsewhere.

Anyway, Happy New Year pal.
Yeah fair enough!
Happy New Year to you too!! :)

desmondisback

You do raise some good points and if we take such a punt and it worked, it would look like a masterstroke.

I can hear you saying you would be patient with him but I'm not sure everyone else would be. Especially those that think he's not the right man in the first place and the dissenting voices would increase. Also think about our best players like Pogba and De Gea . They are unlikely to want to stick around a 10th placed club. And we are unlikely to attract better quality players either.

My fear is simply that a punt like that couldn't handle the pressure of the United machine. I thought Jose could but he seems to be buckling under the pressure over the last weeks whining over everything and anything.

Bear in mind that when I said I'd be happy with 10th it was kind of tongue in cheek obviously. The chances are that it wouldn't happen and we would probably finish better than that and most likely anywhere between 2nd/3rd and 7th. But we still have to take that risk and put more focus on playing some good stuff and less on points. You would want pundits to start looking at us and saying positive things about the team we are building and how we look like we can be known once again for attacking / creative football.

That would mean that the green shoots were coming whereas now we just look like deadwood apart from the odd game (eg v Everton)

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Bear in mind that when I said I'd be happy with 10th it was kind of tongue in cheek obviously. The chances are that it wouldn't happen and we would probably finish better than that and most likely anywhere between 2nd/3rd and 7th. But we still have to take that risk and put more focus on playing some good stuff and less on points. You would want pundits to start looking at us and saying positive things about the team we are building and how we look like we can be known once again for attacking / creative football.

That would mean that the green shoots were coming whereas now we just look like deadwood apart from the odd game (eg v Everton)
You are asking for too much. English pundits love putting the boot in. I tell you even we are playing good football and are losing the goodwill won't last long.

We played good football yesterday and against Leicester so we can do it. Would love for a bit more consistency though.

desmondisback

You are asking for too much. English pundits love putting the boot in. I tell you even we are playing good football and are losing the goodwill won't last long.

We played good football yesterday and against Leicester so we can do it. Would love for a bit more consistency though.

Of course we play some good stuff from time to time but it seems to be the exception rather than the rule. Having at least some periods where we play good attacking football should be a baseline for a club like ours. When you can bring in the likes of Pogba . Martial , Mata , Miki , etc then you should expect some good play.

BTW -I'm not talking about all pundits , just the ones who know what they are talking about. A decent pundit will be able to see a good team in the making from 2-3 years away. They also know a good signing from years away as do players. In any case , who cares what the others say? As long as the people who really count (eg fans , staff , players) know that they are building a good footballing team then that should be enough.

This is a club that rode the storm of the "can't win anything with kids" criticism and came through the other side.