Mourinho: Man Utd still lack creativity.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
There's definitely something in that. We certainly need to create a platform to allow Pogba to go and play his natural game. Mkhitaryan too. Reinforcements are need at the back and deep in midfield.
I'm not a huge Pogba fan but we need the best out of him so another 10 is hardly the way forward

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
Spent more, just spent more, you just need to spent more!, its so creative. And this will asure you to be creative...

Oneunited26

Well drop rooney and fellaini, play Pogba closer to the striker, get more out of our younger forwards, less no10's and more pace in the team. Fellaini and Rooney are occupying the 2 key cogs in the machine, fellaini is supposed to be the more disciplined midfielder yet his distribution from the position he is playing is woeful, and rooney does nothing a no10 should do, so there is your problem, perhaps if Jose plays herrera in rooney's position giving more freedom to pogba, and play a proper anchor man in midfield that would help the team's brain

Sam M

Spent more, just spent more, you just need to spent more!, its so creative. And this will asure you to be creative...
Exactly, there is more than enough talent for Mourinho to busy himself coaching. Why not utilise what we have already

kps88

Three losses and we turn into a circus with leaks and counter leaks galore.

NoLogo

I'm not a huge Pogba fan but we need the best out of him so another 10 is hardly the way forward
I don't think he is actually a 10. What I have seen of him playing at Juve he seems to be best if he can play some sort of carrier role, drop deep and pick up the ball, then dribble through midfield or play a pass and run into the opposition area to look for a scoring oportunity, so bascially a box to box midfielder with loads of technical ability.

Putting someone who can do the majority defensive legwork next to him and a quick, agile, creative dribbler that can do damage even with little space to operate in would be a great mix imo.

So basically we need someone like Fellaini who can also play football and a quality 10 or 9 1/2. Whoever we get though they need to be technically briliant and capable of handling pressing as well as deliver the necessary work rate to press up front.

NoLogo

That's another point. One doesn't need to buy one 100m player after the other to get a quality team. Buy the talent and form a cohesive team out of it and get rid of the elements that prevent that from happening. Dortmund play some of the best football in Europe and do that with spending much less than we do.

Oneunited26

Jose doing a LVG here. If I was Ed I'd be somewhat miffed, you asked for four and you got 4, get on with it. Just to remind you, we got:

The world's most expensive player
Ligue 1's best player
Bundesligas best player
And a promising centre half.

Your responsibility laddo, man up. MAKE it work.
How does Jose make it work? simple, drop rooney and fellaini for starters, both were the flagstone of the Moyes era, amazing how that is once again the source of our problems

DDG
Valencia smalling bailly shaw
blind/carrick
pogba herrera
Mkh zlaten rashford

More craft, teqhnical ability in the team, and oh yes more pace in the team with midfielders given more freedom to support zlaten, not guys like fellaini and rooney offering very little in the creative and positional aspect of our team

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
As much as I like to moan about our sides boring football.. with the new signings, you can't seriously be saying Martial, Zlatan, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Rashford are not creative players.. that is absolute bullshit.

All of them can beat a man and have flair in abundance. What we do need however is to remove Rooney, and find a balanced formation because all of them might possibly not even gel together once Rooney is removed.

For me Pogba, Martial are the only two who have a fixed position within any system going forwards, whereas Zlatan might be expendable past this season and Rashford hasn't found a fixed role yet. Mkhi needs to pull his finger out his ass once Rooney gets dropped.

Sparky10Legend

How does Jose make it work? simple, drop rooney and fellaini for starters, both were the flagstone of the Moyes era, amazing how that is once again the source of our problems

DDG
Valencia smalling bailly shaw
blind/carrick
pogba herrera
Mkh zlaten rashford

More craft, teqhnical ability in the team, and oh yes more pace in the team with midfielders given more freedom to support zlaten, not guys like fellaini and rooney offering very little in the creative and positional aspect of our team

My point exactly, the tools are there. Certainly the tools to beat Watford.

gaucho_10

Jose doing a LVG here. If I was Ed I'd be somewhat miffed, you asked for four and you got 4, get on with it. Just to remind you, we got:

most expensive, but not because he's a one man team

Ligue 1's best player
old and washed up striker that needs everyone else to do his running, he was the Ligue 1's biggest name, nothing more then that

Bundesligas best player
he had one good season in BVB shirt, could be a fluke

He is talented, but the way Villareal played last season should not be overlooked. They conceded 35 and scored 44 goals in the entire season. Defense first was the name of the game.

That is going to be tough with a midfield that will always be lacking something (either a DM or a CM playmaker). You need to find a midfielder in January, and I'm talking central midfielder. Isco will get you nowhere (and besides, with the ban I don't think Real will be willing to sell).

Rossa

Ligue 1's best player
Bundesligas best player

Still lacking the EPL's most creative player and the PL's best player. Madness to suggest we shouldn't have gone for them as well!

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
My personal solution is move Mkhitaryan in field and sign another fast, tricky and direct attacker but those aren't available mid-season.
Yeah, I think Mkhitaryan and Mata are very good options as a #10. Think we're still lacking a quick right-winger with end product. I don't think Isco would add significantly more to what we already have.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
More 10s, more wingers, more DLP, more Cbs, more FBs, more strikers, more liberos, more of all (exept the goalkeeper, there you`ve got enough)! Bring in Felix Magath, buy a articulated bus, and be a top team again! Yes.

Varun

Staff
Let's start with getting our best creative players in a system that suits them and take it from there.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's a cracking player, but Pogba should be the most advanced midfielder.
There's seems to be an obsession that Pogba can only play as a #10 and I don't get it. It certainly wasn't his position at Juve.

Mihai

What if he's trying to motivate our creative players by saying if you don't start performing then I will buy someone else and you will get benched? Especially miki and martial.

Mihai

There's seems to be an obsession that Pogba can only play as a #10 and I don't get it. It certainly wasn't his position at Juve.
I think his best moments were against city when he was played as a 10 and Rooney wide on the right.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
If you are so obsessed with control and forcing others to do mustakes (LvG) or defensive shape and work to the extent that even your attackers have to do it a lot (Jose) than no creative player maybe bar the top 5 in the world will change anything.

Creativity doesn't only come from the players but also from the system. He also needs to start the game with more intent, goal should be a 1 or 2 goal lead at half time, not a 0-0.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
What if he's trying to motivate our creative players by saying if you don't start performing then I will buy someone else and you will get benched? Especially miki and martial.
:lol: Yeah, cause with exactly this behaviour we got the best out of Micki last year. Always threatening him, with a baseball-bat laying besides the trainingground. It will be interesting if Mourinho will ever handle Micki right so that he is worldclass again. It started interesting by not playing him, then playing him totaly early after an injury in the derby, and then ranting over him in the media. Great.

podurban2

We do lack that player that everything runs through. Silva, Cazorla, Dembele. Fellaini has probably had most of the ball for us and he's not good enough with it.
Pogba and Mkhi are two players who can do that, even Mata. This is all down to Jose, not our players.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
If you are so obsessed with control and forcing others to do mustakes (LvG) or defensive shape and work to the extent that even your attackers have to do it a lot (Jose) than no creative player maybe bar the top 5 in the world will change anything.

Creativity doesn't only come from the players but also from the system. He also needs to start the game with more intent, goal should be a 1 or 2 goal lead at half time, not a 0-0.
You say this as though Mourinho has only managed to get his teams creating goals when he had one or more of the "top 5 in the world" available for selection. Which, obviously, isn't true.

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
Wouldn't playing Mata in attacking mid kinda provide a big bunch of creativity?

EmPeeKay

Mourinho is behaving like a tradesman who executes his work in a poorly fashion, when in fact he actually has top quality tools. There are two or three players who should be playing in that number 10 role before Rooney is even considered.

United are currently lacking creativity, not because of the players, but because of the system and how the players are fitted into the system. The root cause of the problem is actually Mourinho himself, or to be more precise his tactics.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
You say this as though Mourinho has only managed to get his teams creating goals when he had one or more of the "top 5 in the world" available for selection. Which, obviously, isn't true.
Until 2010 whatever he was doing it mostly worked. But at Real and then Chelsea (at Real he also had the pressure from board, fans and players to be more attacking) for some reason he got more cowardish (or whatever you want to call it). It started with bigger games but nowadays it seems he plays like underdog just against any opposition.

Red_toad

Three losses and we turn into a circus with leaks and counter leaks galore.
No has been an on going issue since Fergies final few seasons. Certain happened under Moyes & LVG.

its the way of the world, social media and spoilt childish players and fans that love some scandal.

Red_toad

Pogba and Mkhi are two players who can do that, even Mata. This is all down to Jose, not our players.
Mata has massively underperformed for seasons. He goes missing far too often to be the creative hub of a genuine top class team.
Pogba should take Rooneys place in the team and stick Morgan or Carrick alongside Herrera, would improve our creativity no end. But I still don't see a league winning team with the players we have. We're going to be a work in progress for a few more transfer windows.

Theonas

Scout
We have struggled creating chances for a few years now, as far back as the end of Sir Alex's last season it became apparant.
Exactly! Van Persie carrying us in 2013 offensively at least was not exaggerated. We were very weak offensively since then if it wasn't for the individual brilliance of different players at different times. If we are talking about a team that moves and interchange well enough to unbalance the opponent and create space, that's nothing new as it's been going on for years. Mourinho is hardly the man to fix that though so if the individuals don't stand up, he will eventually just try to buy more.

MartialsBeard

We have Mata, Mhiki and Pogba that can play No.10 position as a playmaker and whats more is Isco plays best as a left midfielder or winger where we are also stacked, unless we sell Memphis, commit to giving Martial striking starts this move makes little to no sense what so ever, File under BS.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Easy. Rooney's "camp" contacted Luckhurst and got him to write this story so that people would stop blaming Rooney for being so shit in front of goal and start blaming the players who should be supplying him. Am I doing this right?
:)

Swap the second 'Rooney' for 'the fat c-word' and you're getting there.