Mourinho press conference - Arsenal - 10:30 GMT

Canagel

So Arsenal are fresh and rested because they play in Europa and use second team whereas we have to play our full team for CL. In 2016-17 it was how Europa league teams get less time to prepare for games. Never change Jose.
He played Ibrahimovic and Pogba in nearly all the group games along with other first teamers . And still got beaten by Feyenoord and Fenerbahce
We've had 24 hours more rest as well and theyre coming off an intense intense derby .

Last edited:
Cant wait until he's sacked so the dirt can really come out regarding the clubs views and Jose views regarding the club.Should be verbal food-fight.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Would love it absolutely love it if for once the press grew some balls and asked these question
1. Why do you persevere with Matic when he has been woefully out of form
2. Why can Fred not get a consistent of games even when he has played well
3. Why did you play Matic as CB at the weekend despite having a CB on the bench
4. Why does the team still after 3 years not play with any attacking quality and cohesiveness
It amazes me to this day, why the press never go for simple yet so direct questions like that. Starting Matic is a sign of foolishness and incompetence combined but no journalists seem bothered by it.

youmeletsfly

He's a bit more of a bellend with each passing day. He sounds like fecking moyes these days.

Smores

The full quotes answer most of the eh questions raised in here. Google is your friend.

A nothing pre-match interview, which is a bit of a result under Jose

youmeletsfly

Oh this is far, far worse than the Moyes era. At least he tried. Mourinho is just lost in his own world.
Yeah, it;s not looking so good to be honest. I wonder how much worse can it get. As it looks right now, there will be a day where he just comes out in a press conference and says "feck this mfecking club". This or he starts crying like a baby.

I liked him in the past, but these days he looks ill, senile.

BlackBen

Ed Woodward please put this poor dog out of his misery already, he's practically begging for it. It's a shame seeing how the board and Ed are just sitting and watching the club deteriorate. Can't even look forward to a game with excitement

SqueakyWeasel

A proper pre-match presser:

Not completely dissimilar mildly taxing questions to the ones aimed at Jose, and this guy, even with his far inferior command of English fields them with some dignity for himself and his club. Quite refreshing!

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I'm totally sick of the attitude and the situation.

I'd rather anyone else even as a temporary measure now.

GHam

Yeah, it;s not looking so good to be honest. I wonder how much worse can it get. As it looks right now, there will be a day where he just comes out in a press conference and says "feck this mfecking club". This or he starts crying like a baby.

I liked him in the past, but these days he looks ill, senile.
Tis an odd one. With you saying he looks ill, his current position can't be any good for his health. If he literally is in absolute denial despite our dire situation then no wonder he looks ill.

With Jose, pride is definitely coming before the fall, and that fall is United barely scraping Europa League qualification and players like Pogba and De Gea wanting out.

Red_toad

I hope someone asks are you deliberately sabotaging the club by not trying your best in terms of team selections and coaching? what do you say to those who think you're the real virus at the club? why do you have no self respect and resign when you can see you have lost the players - is money the main driving force behind you wanting to stay?

He's on one of those contracts we all dream of. Get paid regardless or performance and if you get sacked club pays out your contract. So obviously he gets the cash either way, so not his main motivation. He thinks he's right in whatever it is he's trying to achieve and trying to make changes to suit his agenda. Not that I've any idea what his agenda is, as it appears he generally doesn't like the squad he's assembled and isn't happy with the club.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Don't even think he's said anything out of the ordinary. The atmosphere around the club is just too miserable.

willhse456

Any injury updates? Will McTominay and Matic be playing at centre back again?:nervous:

diarm

How does someone get a pass to attend these press conferences? Does the club issue them to news outlets it deems worthy or is there some league-wide accreditation process?

I only ask because with 40,000 members or whatever the number is now on RedCafe, the site probably has a wider reader base than some of the new outlets present. Is there some way we could apply to send a representative from the forum or from the supporters club to ask questions as requested by members?
  • Jose gives out that the press are influencing our opinion of him and says it's the media, not the fans who are against him.
  • We give out that the press aren't asking the questions they should be asking and are handing Jose an easy ride.
A RedCafe or supporters club "reporter" would solve both of these issues and give fans an actual voice that can't be written off by the manager as media bias.

RedDevil@84

The only problem with that is Spurs shouldn't even be competing with the other top five with the resources they have/had over the last few years, whilst we should be nailed on top four. It just shows the performance of the two managers.
I don't think it works that way always. Spurs have found a talented bunch of youngsters (on the cheap) and have a good coach who can use their full potential. Both were important in keeping Spurs in the mix.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
How does someone get a pass to attend these press conferences? Does the club issue them to news outlets it deems worthy or is there some league-wide accreditation process?

I only ask because with 40,000 members or whatever the number is now on RedCafe, the site probably has a wider reader base than some of the new outlets present. Is there some way we could apply to send a representative from the forum or from the supporters club to ask questions as requested by members?
  • Jose gives out that the press are influencing our opinion of him and says it's the media, not the fans who are against him.
  • We give out that the press aren't asking the questions they should be asking and are handing Jose an easy ride.
A RedCafe or supporters club "reporter" would solve both of these issues and give fans an actual voice that can't be written off by the manager as media bias.
This is actually a very good question.

Irrational.

He's stuck in he noughties, and has never really progressed as a manager. His ideas are a decade outdated. Can't wait to see the back of him.

Canagel

Is he actually talking about Everton as rivals and saying they spent well compared to United?
The guy is deluded, get him out

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

That would be fecking ace.

"Hi Jose, Adam-Utd from Redcafe here. The forum would like to know why the feck you keep playing Matic non stop, has he naked photos of you? also could you stop moaning about lack of backing and start doing some proper coaching on the pitch. We'd like high pressing, attacking football. Ta-ra for now".

Devil may care

Moaning about Everton's "phenomenal" spending and the EL schedule being easier is par for the course, although I'm sure he said the opposite when we were in the EL, I was just hoping for an update on the injuries or Smalling and Shaw.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Is he actually talking about Everton as rivals and saying they spent well compared to United?
The guy is deluded, get him out
No, he is not. Calling someone deluded based on something you kind of made up is quite the irony.

MrBest

It amazes me to this day, why the press never go for simple yet so direct questions like that. Starting Matic is a sign of foolishness and incompetence combined but no journalists seem bothered by it.
Completely agree. Saying that Rojo has not played for ages and has just started tranining again. I kind of understand why he played Matic there but i would of gone to the youth academy, perhaps ro shaun williams.

iKeano

Cant wait until he's sacked so the dirt can really come out regarding the clubs views and Jose views regarding the club.Should be verbal food-fight.
This. I've said all along that once he's gone, he'll be slinging mud at Utd before the door hits him on the a$$ on the way out.
He's stockpiling excuse after excuse and it will be everyone and anyone else's fault other than him. He's like that as it is, imagine when he's a disgruntled ex-employee as opposed to a disgruntled current employee!

Horrible horrible man.

This. I've said all along that once he's gone, he'll be slinging mud at Utd before the door hits him on the a$$ on the way out.
He's stockpiling excuse after excuse and it will be everyone and anyone else's fault other than him. He's like that as it is, imagine when he's a disgruntled ex-employee as opposed to a disgruntled current employee!

Horrible horrible man.
And yet I do believe,as much some loath the man or outright hate, there will be a element of truth regarding what he may say.