Mourinho press conference - Arsenal - 10:30 GMT

UncleBob

Cant wait until he's sacked so the dirt can really come out regarding the clubs views and Jose views regarding the club.Should be verbal food-fight.
Naive at best. A part of the package deal he'll be getting is that he'll more or less be limited to saying he regrets this and that. There's a reason you rarely see sacked managers in public fights with the club afterwards, it's called money.

iKeano

And yet I do believe,as much some loath the man or outright hate, there will be a element of truth regarding what he may say.
There's no doubt the rot neither starts, nor stops at José - but he's undoubtedly the most vicious and prominent pimplehead in an outbreak of acne!

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
How does someone get a pass to attend these press conferences? Does the club issue them to news outlets it deems worthy or is there some league-wide accreditation process?

I only ask because with 40,000 members or whatever the number is now on RedCafe, the site probably has a wider reader base than some of the new outlets present. Is there some way we could apply to send a representative from the forum or from the supporters club to ask questions as requested by members?
  • Jose gives out that the press are influencing our opinion of him and says it's the media, not the fans who are against him.
  • We give out that the press aren't asking the questions they should be asking and are handing Jose an easy ride.
A RedCafe or supporters club "reporter" would solve both of these issues and give fans an actual voice that can't be written off by the manager as media bias.
Send @Billy Blaggs

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We finished 32 points behind you last season and had a 75m net spend compared to your 50m net spend in the summer Mr Mourinho.
He's talking crap to save face. Honestly, it's quite embarrassing now and beyond annoying for most fans.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
So Arsenal are fresh and rested because they play in Europa and use second team whereas we have to play our full team for CL. In 2016-17 it was how Europa league teams get less time to prepare for games. Never change Jose.
Not only that, Arsenal are fresh and rested despite them playing in a highly intense derby match one day after we played our last match against one of the worst sides in the league, that featured a second half played at walking pace?

Okay then.

It amazes me to this day, why the press never go for simple yet so direct questions like that. Starting Matic is a sign of foolishness and incompetence combined but no journalists seem bothered by it.
They always ask innocuous or open questions that can have multiple answers and the manager can worm out of if he wants to. Nailing him to a post with such a direct question is a sure fire way to get yourself off the Old Trafford Christmas card list, and they all know we are every sports journalist's meal ticket. You're not much use as a football reporter if the biggest club in England won't talk to you.

Of course if any of them had a spine they might actually do some of this journalism business they pretend to be part of, instead of just an extended branch of the PR department.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
We finished 32 points behind you last season and had a 75m net spend compared to your 50m net spend in the summer Mr Mourinho.
This is what your fellow Evertonians think:

Kapardin

@sistoney67 Jose insists that time is needed to "improve the globality of the work we are doing" and that "everybody needs to be fully committed to their roles"

Very interesting. Sounds like he's laying down the challenge to the players and the board.
Well done, we are globally shite.

R'hllor

Same people doing translation and interpretation week in week out, love it.

Xixak17

If you are still Mourinho in at this point you are an ENEMY of this club and will be treated as such.

RedDevil@84

If you are still Mourinho in at this point you are an ENEMY of this club and will be treated as such.
:lol::lol::lol:
By whom??

If you cant stand contrasting viewpoints, then you should stop logging on internet forums.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Just saw his comments about Arsenal being rested. Does he even listen to himself?

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
By Friday's press conference we will know how much Watford and Bournemouth spent

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Has the cnut ever been positive, I can't recall the last time he was happy or content.

Misery S03 E21

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Where did you see those quotes?
Is it a different Arsenal team you’ll be facing in this match compared to the Arsenal of previous seasons?

Yes, is different It’s not for me to do that analysis, I have my opinion but keep for myself, different yes, and a very difficult match for us because we are going to play against a good team in a good moment without accumulation of matches because they are playing Europa League and when you play Europa League you normally play with second choices and give good rest to the players, we have to play to the max and is accumulation of matches and then you arrive in this moment in December and many teams pay the price of that, I’m not clearly, that is not the motivation you want as a team as a club but to develop players fresher is a good way to do it. And when you have good results in Europa League but very difficult match for us and very difficult match for them, in spite of our problems with players and with selection of the team, I am pretty sure they are not...
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...n-utd-mourinho-conference-highlights-15501847

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
What sort of coward say one thing on the media and then refuse to back it up?

AlwaysRed66

The funny things was that when we were playing in the Europa league Mourinho was saying the opposite, in that others teams playing in the Champions League had more rest time than us.

spwd

Would love it absolutely love it if for once the press grew some balls and asked these question
1. Why do you persevere with Matic when he has been woefully out of form
2. Why can Fred not get a consistent of games even when he has played well
3. Why did you play Matic as CB at the weekend despite having a CB on the bench
4. Why does the team still after 3 years not play with any attacking quality and cohesiveness
3 fingers to you sunshine :nono:

Any injury updates? Will McTominay and Matic be playing at centre back again?:nervous:
No, Grant and Romero.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
It's always about "look how much they spent". Its never about "look how shit and negative my tactics are". Its like spending money automatically solves all the problems.

I don't know why any reporter does not counter it with the investment Arsenal and Spurs made.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Completely agree. Saying that Rojo has not played for ages and has just started tranining again. I kind of understand why he played Matic there but i would of gone to the youth academy, perhaps ro shaun williams.
They always ask innocuous or open questions that can have multiple answers and the manager can worm out of if he wants to. Nailing him to a post with such a direct question is a sure fire way to get yourself off the Old Trafford Christmas card list, and they all know we are every sports journalist's meal ticket. You're not much use as a football reporter if the biggest club in England won't talk to you.

Of course if any of them had a spine they might actually do some of this journalism business they pretend to be part of, instead of just an extended branch of the PR department.
It makes it hard to not think that all football journalists are clowns tbh.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Ah. So his issue is that everyone in our team will have played two games in the last week, while most Arsenal players have only played once. Which is not exactly an outrageous claim to make.
When we played in the EL, he often complained it caused the opposite.