Mourinho Punditry

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
United "supporters" giving Mourinho shit over that, saying he's taking shots at Lukaku, begrudgingly praising Pogba and only praising Varane because he signed him and to give his own ego a boost and that he's nothing more than a cnut...

GM K

United "supporters" giving Mourinho shit over that, saying he's taking shots at Lukaku, begrudgingly praising Pogba and only praising Varane because he signed him and to give his own ego a boost and that he's nothing more than a cnut...
That was a superb interview. Why would anyone give Jose sticks for that? His answers were on point.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
That was a superb interview. Why would anyone give Jose sticks for that? His answers were on point.
Just dead set in their ways of using anything to fuel their hatred of him.

Talking about not wanting the WC to finish because they don't want to go see Mourinho's United etc

R'hllor

Oh he talks about being surprised for Sterling inclusion because he didnt have good world cup or not in form, now thats freaking rich coming from him :lol:

steffyr2

Whoring himself out to a dictatorship for a little extra money. Nice.
Hmmm. Would there be anyone at the wc you couldn't say that about, if you want to go there? Every team. Every fan. All media.

Maybe your complaints about every other person at the wc are in another thread?

Ventura

So to sum it up, Jose thought the penalty was correct and he gave great credit to Ole for the win. Unexpected! Didn't think he'd be comfortable with talking about that.

RedCurry

Oh come on there's something surely, some sly dig at least?
Called us "pragmatic". Surely setting himself up for the the sly jibes of "I thought United fans wanted to play attractive football but they won the league with pragmatic football."

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Oh I thoight you were his agent or something, thanks for the clarification bud.
Well I didn't said nothing like that. Only said he was a good pundit, he is free to do whatever he wants.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He really is. It's so funny though as he spent half his time in press conferences telling them off
Few people know but before he was called for his first job at Benfica on 2000 he had a short spell as commentator for SporTV, and he was pundit for Portugal vs Spain on Euro 2004 and he was very good at it.

Ban

Called us "pragmatic". Surely setting himself up for the the sly jibes of "I thought United fans wanted to play attractive football but they won the league with pragmatic football."
Thats the one! He laid base for future sly digs.

Kapardin

It was pragmatic, but not in the sense of parking the bus and punting the ball long hoping to score. Ole did not restrict players from crossing the halfway line when they had the ball and it wasn't our intention to play long or sideways.

The point is, it was pragmatic without getting cowardly. And that too only due to the injuries.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He knows his football, I have respect for him.
This is my problem with him. He praised Ajax's attacking display but would he have been brave enough to do it?
Apart from his character flaws, I can't warm to the way he sees football.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
He knows his football, I have respect for him.
This is my problem with him. He praised Ajax's attacking display but would he have been brave enough to do it?
Apart from his character flaws, I can't warm to the way he sees football.
Probably not but my issue with him (when he was United manager) wasn't purely whether he was defensive or attacking....

It was that he chose tactics which didn't get the best out of the players he had.... which made no sense to me. Pogba, Martial, Rashford, Lukaku were/are better with quick ball but he made the team so cautious.

Since Ole has come in, you see players making a forward pass when we were playing a lot of sideways passes ... which gave the opposition time to drop/get set.

You see Matic (and CHs) take a couple of steps forward instead of standing still.... just makes the opposition change and opens up different opportunities/angles of pass.

You see FBs pushing up making opposing midfielders move across which can open space centrally.

Individually small things but collectively give the team more options and (importantly) gets the most from the players we have instead of trying to recreate them and shoehorn them into something.