Mourinho Punditry

C'est Moi Cantona

Honestly it's just annoying.

You have already admitted you don't like him. Why bother trawling through threads to tell us that? Especially one with nothing to do with United.

I can understand disliking Mourinho's football and management. But this is bordering on some deep personal hate which is quite frankly a bit unhealthy and weird .

Hardly, perhaps you've got me mixed up with someone else.

Moonred

Wouldn’t expect anything less from
Jose when it comes to analysing a team’s approach, style. His tactical understanding is superior than most people and hence comes across much better than ex players who just throw around casual words.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I like his punditry, would like to see him and Guardiola doing it together.

I rarely listen to punditry. I honestly the insight of football games are a hundred times more interesting on the caf than what so called experts say. They bore me so easily
That’s a damning indictment of the experts because the general insight into football on the caf is woeful. Entertaining though

C'est Moi Cantona

No

You have said that in just this thread.

It's a little bit messed up to be honest. Plenty of players and managers I'm not fans of. But I'm not maniacally following their holiday gigs just to show my dislike for them.

There's whole 10 other months for that.
Didn't realsie I was either, more a fairly innocent post about him having a rest/rethink in what is a pivotal season for him coming up.

Not a dig at you, but it does seem there's a hard core of posters who are massively offended by anything even remotely not on topic, already said, or negative posted (re Jose) in threads atm, they just can't wait to tell you.

Last edited:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I watched some of his videos and to no ones surprise, it was excellent. Dislike the man as much as you want but his footballing knowledge and tactical acumen is second to none.

Esquire

Would prefer if he'd chosen to spend the summer resting, and studying how to play the sort of football that is befitting the club he is currently managing.
Sometimes it’s hard to turn down millions just to talk about stuff you know inside out. Hope he is doing a lot of scouting on the side...

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Didn't realsie I was either, more a fairly innocent post about him having a rest/rethink in what is a pivotal season for him coming up.

Not a dig at you, but it does seem there's a hard core of posters who are massively offended by anything even remotely not on topic, already said, or negative posted (re Jose) in threads atm, they just can't wait to tell you.
I doubt anyone's offended, you're comments just seemed really out of place. There was a thread near the end of the season with a video of JM giving a lecture at a footballing university. If someone came in telling him to focus on his job and that they won't be 'sucked in' it would just be really strange.

What is there to be 'sucked in' about? He's just doing something in his free time. It's a bit like people talking about Lingard not being 'focused' because he messes around in his free time.

What adds to this is that he's actually doing something football related. He could very easily be doing some scouting and 'doing his job' as a result. Or he could be having a look at a few of our players and seeing if he can improve his usage of them.

GM K

Funny to see Sky Sports leading with a headline of "Jose: France winner not Pogbas goal" as if it to spin it as a personal attack, watching the interview nothing of the sorts
Absolutely ridiculous. I have seen ealines like 'Mourinho slams Pogba'
'Mourinho insists Pogba does not deserve goal'
'Mourinho criticizes Pogba.'
Etc.
Some of these journalists are either plain mischevious or just too daft to interpret simple statements.

BigBebe

Would prefer if he'd chosen to spend the summer resting, and studying how to play the sort of football that is befitting the club he is currently managing.
I know what you mean, when I heard that he was going to commentate for RT I did wonder what on earth had possessed him. However, having listened to him talk, it is so refreshing to hear a pundit who can talk properly about tactics. More importantly though, it is great to see Jose looking relaxed and confident, not like that defensive aggressive whiner that he presented to the TV cameras on our behalf last season.

simplyared

I know what you mean, when I heard that he was going to commentate for RT I did wonder what on earth had possessed him. However, having listened to him talk, it is so refreshing to hear a pundit who can talk properly about tactics. More importantly though, it is great to see Jose looking relaxed and confident, not like that defensive aggressive whiner that he presented to the TV cameras on our behalf last season.
Living abroad I don't get to see the different panels and pundits from the UK. However being curious to see pundit Mourinho I had to check him out on YouTube. As you say the thing that was pleasing was seeing him looking well, smiling, and assumingly doing something he enjoys and is good at. TBH I was beginning to believe he'd lost it seeing that stone-faced figure on the sideline week in week out. Amazing what a smile here and there can do. So I definately can't see anything wrong with him doing this and can't understand anyone getting uptight over it.

Web of Bissaka

Some posts, particularly the remarks about Jose, are sarcastic. :D

Anyway, yeah, Mourinho's punditry really shows someone who knows about football, concise and on point.

Rather than talking about the important footballer's hairstyles...

el3mel

I think Mexico today is everything Jose would love in his team. Compact and tight in defending with very fast transitions from defense to offense going forward. What United has played in these 2 years, offensively or defensively, is hardly the football Mourinho is used to do. His teams have never been that bad on the transition but I don't know why he can't get it right here.

I have listened to some of his punditry and it's what you expect from a manager. No ex-player or a fan will have the same view of football as a manager. He's saying the obvious things without trying to look revolutionary or making much fuss, which is refreshing.

Red Star One

RT is not a bad channel actually. I was in Moscow last October and came across it. Lots of interesting views on news items
I’m not a Russophobe at all and I have a lot of friends in Russia, but while appreciating and giving a huge credit for RT’s professionalism and the quality of their content (especially visual side), their agenda still kills it for me.
Shame, but good to see Mou in shape.

Acole9

Outstanding
Today was his last day doing the punditry I heard? Probably grateful for it, he's had the same gear on each day he's been on the tv.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Found him a bit boring and uninteresting in general. Was expecting something else.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He's great at live match comments, not so great at predictions and analysis. It makes total sense, since he's a reactive type of manager.

Oldyella

Found him a bit boring and uninteresting in general. Was expecting something else.
Always a risk with people still involved in the game I find. Sometimes get the impression people are scared to be too critical in case it comes back and bites them. Just look at Neville when he slated teams for getting smashed by Barca.

TheRedHearted

I’m not a Russophobe at all and I have a lot of friends in Russia, but while appreciating and giving a huge credit for RT’s professionalism and the quality of their content (especially visual side), their agenda still kills it for me.
Shame, but good to see Mou in shape.

I was gonna say the same. I think it’s huge for a manager to be at their healthiest. Look at Low for Germany. Looked like James Bond last go around!