Mourinho's post match comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aresma7

I think this was the time Mourinho should have admitted he got it wrong and take the blame. I would have respected him if he did. Now he just comes out as a sore loser. Sanchez can feck off too.

Carolina Red

Staff
That's probably what he's trying to say. Bizarre comment, nevertheless.

Why not just say something. Man Utd had difficulties in CL before and bounced back from them. Why bring himself along with his past teams into it?
I would have said it differently myself, but I don’t think what he said is as sinister as some folks are making it out to be. He just worded it quite poorly.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I would have said it differently myself, but I don’t think what he said is as sinister as some folks are making it out to be. He just worded it quite poorly.
His other comments are poor as well. Just come out and say you got it badly wrong. fecking get way more respect that way. He has some ego on him.

Theonas

Scout
This is classic Mourinho when he's been rocked to his core. Having been watching him for the past 15 years, he always resorts to overly defensive odd remarks when he's been thoroughly embarrassed in results.
Exactly. I am not sure why some are surprised. He did this many times to Chelsea and Real Madrid reminding their fans about something negative to defend himself. He would regularly point to how Real did not reach the last 8 of the CL for a long time and were losing to Lyon. I don't think he means anything against us in particular but it is his way to defend himself by putting things in perspective. But again, it is the sort of thing that alienates him to fans even at clubs where he has been amazing at.

Infra-red

This is classic Mourinho when he's been rocked to his core. Having been watching him for the past 15 years, he always resorts to overly defensive odd remarks when he's been thoroughly embarrassed in results.
Yes, having just watched his postmatch conference, it's quite clear that he's trying desperately hard to act nonchalant and brush the whole thing off with a shrug of the shoulders "that's football".

It's utterly unconvincing. He looks embarrassed and furious in equal measure, no doubt cognisant of the ensuing shitstorm that will envelop him for the next 3-4 days.

MooseTheMooche

Hahaha, man, what a feckin day... On a more serious note: shite comments, shite tactics and I really don't know what to expect from this team. I'm not on the "mourinho out" bandwagon, but the portuguese himself doesn't help people who stand by him (or are neutral) with those remarks.
I am a pessimist by nature, so I think that nothing will change and it is simply better to expect nothing from this team. I'd love Mourinho to turn it around, but it simply won't happen and I won't be as naive for the third time in a row to believe that another manager just needs more time. It is simply not clicking, and the "style" is just absolutely woeful. The sad truth is that our crosstown rivals will be in the so called "overdrive" mode next season as well, because they are well trained tactically, and have alternative plans, when the initial approach goes out the window. We, on the other hand, struggle to actually play football, and just resort to this idiotic Tony Pulis hoofball, which drives me nuts.

TsuWave

absolute shit of a manager, feck him

I've no idea what point he's trying to make.
he's trying to diminish our expectations like we are some small time club and shouldn't be wanting/expecting much better. makes his job easier and he gets away with the terrible football on show, and now no results to justify said terrible football.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I think he's trying to say that United have gone out before and life went on. Therefore United can recover from this.

Maybe.... I think he's tired and confused himself about what just happened.i don't know.
No he said that he had knocked us out on two different occasions. He's basically trying to deflect away from his own feck up by bigging up the fact that his previous teams had knocked us out. There was absolutely no need to bring that up.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
As the pundits say.....Jose doesn't play entertaining football, which can be tolerated as long as we are winning. If however the results dry up AND we are boring then that could spiral out of control in a hurry.

Paxi

This I agree with completely. Sometimes as a coach you’ve just gotta put it on your own shoulders and move on.
Think in any walk of life, admitting that you've got something wrong can go a long way. It can be liberating even. Like you say just move on.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
What could he have possibly hoped to gain from making that statement? It was awful any way you look at it.

Why not just come out and take responsibility for one of the clubs worst performances under his leadership, rather than mock the club.

Greck

And he could say it like that or similar to that or something but nope, he went on how he fecked us over when he was a oppo manager in those cases :lol:
This was his mistake. He just had to sneak in a reminder of his past achievements. Turned an ordinary statement into a controversial one

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I'd have a damn sight more respect for him if he just held his hands up and admitted he fecked up. He's human, we all feck up one way or another on a daily basis. His comments reek of someone that's trying to divert the blame away from himself and on to the club. Completely unacceptable!

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He’s a dick-head. He’s always been a dick-head. He always will be a dick-head. The fact he’s currently our manager hasn’t changed my opinion about him being a dick-head one bit. So him behaving like a dick-head doesn’t shock me. The performance he got out of his team tonight, though. That was shocking.

Carolina Red

Staff
What could he have possibly hoped to gain from making that statement? It was awful any way you look at it.

Why not just come out and take responsibility for one of the clubs worst performances under his leadership, rather than mock the club.
“It’s happened before and the club has rebounded from it”

That’s what he was trying to say, and what he should have said.

What would you get out of that? The understanding that the sky isn’t falling.

tomaldinho1

He is such a unlikeable man. It's a weird feeling supporting the club but really not liking the person running the football side of things. Still think he's the best option for us but he really doesn't give an F about this club or the fans - it's the JM show in his head on constant repeat.

I think his point is that it's not like we're always in the QFs so an exit now isn't exactly underachieving (in fact it's good on recent years).

SteveW

He could have made that point without listing out each of the times he's knocked us out of the CL in the past with other clubs. It shows a lack of empathy toward the people in and around the club who are hurting tonight. He just couldn't resist.

Djemba-Djemba

Having the fecking cheek to compare the way we went out tonight to the way we lost to Madrid in 2013 too.

What a knobhead.

Hamadovich86

As the pundits say.....Jose doesn't play entertaining football, which can be tolerated as long as we are winning. If however the results dry up AND we are boring then that could spiral out of control in a hurry.
This. His teams are almost never entertaining except the league winning Madrid side he managed. His pedigree comes from his success, if he cant deliver that at United then hes not worth having. Too early for the sack now towards the end of the season but Ed and the board have to set the expectation that the PL is a must next season, otherwise he should be gone.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Scholes had it spot on tonight. We play similar football a lot of the time and manage a win, so it's glossed over. Doesn't mean it's good enough though.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
I’m sure it’s just an elaborate way of saying it’s happened before and he personally witnessed it twice from the away dugout. Still weird choice of words but more disturbing is he feels the players tried their best tonight and that’s good enough. I’d be worried if he’s happy with that performance and feels the players gave it everything they had

spwd

Maybe he means he knocked us out with his tactics and is taking the blame, feck knows but it was fecking shite!

manunited1919

This loss is on him, but he will never accept it.

Edit: It’s just a poor attempt to deflect responsibility for today.

stubie

Tonight became the point of no return. Not even 2nd and FA Cup is good enough

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

Possibly, but that doesn't explain why he felt the need to mention the Real and Porto encounters from the past, both of which beat United while he was manager. Doesn't add up.

AllezLesDiables

The problem still remains that Jose never takes responsibility or owns up to mistakes, which is one of the reasons his teams turn on him.

His attitude gives off the impression that he did everything right and the players screwed it up. The fact of the matter its always a combination of both.

Paxi

This. His teams are almost never entertaining except the league winning Madrid side he managed. His pedigree comes from his success, if he cant deliver that at United then hes not worth having. Too early for the sack now towards the end of the season but Ed and the board have to set the expectation that the PL is a must next season, otherwise he should be gone.
I have an inkling that he won't last until 2019. I think shit will unravel big time. It's true. I believe it now. There's always something with Jose. If it's not the team doctor it's creating a near civil war at Madrid. He's a combustible personality under any set of circumstances.

Djemba-Djemba

I’m sure it’s just an elaborate way of saying it’s happened before and he personally witnessed it twice from the away dugout. Still weird choice of words but more disturbing is he feels the players tried their best tonight and that’s good enough. I’d be worried if he’s happy with that performance and feels the players gave it everything they had
But what a stupid way to do it though.

He must know fans will not be happy with him tonight, he will have heard the booing at full time. And he decides a good way to defend himself is to bring up two painful CL defeats from years gone by. That just so happen to be the ones where he won. It's like he's putting Utd down and bigging himself up at the same time.

Hey, I know you fans are angry now but remember when I knocked you out twice, both times in dodgy fashion? What an idiot.

C'est Moi Cantona

Yep, he has to win, there is never any credit in the bank when you play he does, and rightly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.