Mourinho's signings

Not a dud among them.

Not surprisingly he appears to understand what a true Manchester United player is, and surely this should be the true measure of a manager at a club with such huge resources in the first few months?

JoaquinJoaquin

Strange thing is, All of them bar Bailly have taken some pile of abuse on this forum aswell.

Strange thing is, All of them bar Bailly have taken some pile of abuse on this forum aswell.
Ha ha, true. People were desperate with Miki though, expectations were so high for him just to come straight in and rip it up.

Pogba cost a lot.

Zlatan is 35 and was brought to take the place of a loved academy product, and that leads to alot of pre-conceived opinions... which, for many, are extremely difficult to change. In fairness to @Wumminator , he was probably against this signing more than anyone but has given lots of credit where it was due.

Robertd0803

Not a dud among them.

Not surprisingly he appears to understand what a true Manchester United player is, and surely this should be the true measure of a manager at a club with such huge resources in the first few months?
4 very solid/good buys and I can understand why he didn't do a massive clear out either. That will come this summer I feel. Everyone except Bastian was given the chance to prove themselves and that makes sense.

Slightly off topic but have a feeling that in trivia quiz's in years to come people will forget that we actually signed Bailly before Ibra and get the question ''who was Joses first signing wrong :lol::lol:

waza7111

I'm very impressed and it probably shows that a lot of the signings at Chelsea were made without his approval or were his second or third choice signings. But here he's been able to sign the players he wants and they've made a massive improvement on the team.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Yet the knives are already out for him??? Insane! :houllier:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I agree. Some have criticised because they've not been setting the world alight, but I'm very happy with them so far.

There's room to improve for all of them, and Zlatan had his dry spell, but they've still improved us.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
They have all been not only brilliant signings, but also they have all gone straight into the first XI and improved it in key areas.

Sadly, the season seems to have started a bit too soon for us. I said a month or two back that we just need to try to hang in there until the second half of the season, and I expect we will be much better in the New Year. We haven't done a great job of hanging in there, but I still expect improvement to come in the coming months.

RC89

I think we can be pretty hopeful regarding all our business under Jose thus far. Ibra at times has left a lot to be desired for but he gives us a proper striking option finally and the numbers don't lie, he's getting thr goals in again. Perfect when you consider his age and that of our young strikers.

Pogba I've been happier with than most. I actually feel like he's been decent to excellent. I think his biggest hindrance is the poor finishing of others. Bailly has been a beast with very no reservations yet and Mkhitaryan seems like he needed the treatment Jose has given him. He looks an absolute Worldie when on the ball.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
They have all been spot on, especially at the point were we bought them. Bailly a young, highly talented defender, Miki a top attacking midfielder who can play on the wings, an experienced striker with a strong personality, proven goal scoring record and an age where he wont hinder young strikers to follow and, last but not least, probably the best young midfielder.

AndyJ1985

Bailly looks to be our best defender by some distance. Pogba our best midfielder. And Mkhitaryan our best attacking player. I bet if Mourinho were being honest he'd happily replace the majority of our squad, because other than a handful of them, there's a vast amount of room for improvement.

JustJackTheLad

Bailly looks to be our best defender by some distance. .
I agree with this.

I was at a friends house the other night & told them that this season, with Bailly's performances - he's one of the best defenders i've ever seen.

I got mocked for this.. Please can you back me up and give me some reassuramce that i'm not too far wrong! ha.

They have all been not only brilliant signings, but also they have all gone straight into the first XI and improved it in key areas.

Sadly, the season seems to have started a bit too soon for us. I said a month or two back that we just need to try to hang in there until the second half of the season, and I expect we will be much better in the New Year. We haven't done a great job of hanging in there, but I still expect improvement to come in the coming months.
Agree with this Rozay, I expect us to have a really good second half of the season and would expect at 1 further signing in Jan.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

Luckily we have a nice run before Christmas (after Spurs) if we can get maximum points and a few of the others drops some you never know where we could end up.

predator

Youth NITK
Tbh everyone who watches football is aware of how good Pogba, Ibra and Mhki are so they always had a high chance of succeeding. Pogba and Ibra have always used their physicality very well which led me to believe that they would thrive in the Prem. Mhki was Bundesliga player of the year so surely he also was always going to be a guaranteed success? Bailly also looked promising in La Liga but give credit to Mourinho, he looks a solid buy - is this expected though for the money we spent on him?

Overall great window it was. However for the money we spent we have probably got the right value.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
I can't remember Jose not doing well in the transfer market, it's always been one of his stronger areas for sure, even if he has made some odd buys just to alienate the player and sell them on again at a later date.

Water Melon

Bailly looks to be our best defender by some distance. Pogba our best midfielder. And Mkhitaryan our best attacking player. I bet if Mourinho were being honest he'd happily replace the majority of our squad, because other than a handful of them, there's a vast amount of room for improvement.
Agreed on Bailly, but not on Pogba. Herrera has been more important so far imo. As for Mkhitaryan, he has just started to show the glimpses of his potential brilliance. Hopefully, it will be continuous.

Stacks

I'm very impressed and it probably shows that a lot of the signings at Chelsea were made without his approval or were his second or third choice signings. But here he's been able to sign the players he wants and they've made a massive improvement on the team.
which ones??? His beloved Willian, Matic, Zouma, Cesc, Costa, Drogba? do you think Jose would return to Chelsea if he was forced to accept more Shevchenko's. Doesn't sound legit

CM

The squad does seem to be (finally) taking shape under him and you can't really fault any of the signings he's made so far, Bailly in particular has been a revelation.

I've been quite critical of Mourinho for several reasons but I do like that he didn't decide to come in and wield the axe when it would've been easy for him to do so. I think one of our biggest mistakes under van Gaal was the way we hemorrhaged players in his first summer without adequately replacing many of them.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Bailly looks to be our best defender by some distance. Pogba our best midfielder. And Mkhitaryan our best attacking player.
That's quite damning. It shows just how bad our transfer business has been during the last few years, that Jose can make 4 signings and immediately they are better than what we currently have in the team.
Imagine if Bayern were told to buy 4 players, each of whom would need to go straight into the starting 11 and improve them. Bayern would find this almost impossible.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
His transfer business has been fantastic.

I think in 2009 he bought half of the starting 11 for Inters treble winning team. That was a great transfer window

Milito
Eto'o
Pandev
Sneijder
Motta
Lucio

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
He was wonderful at Porto. Picked Maniche from Benfica's reserves, and almost unknowns Paulo Ferreira and Derlei from lesser clubs.

They all played at their highest under him. Even players like Postiga played well under him. I wouldn't give much for our squads back then, but he made us powerful with surgical improvements.

In some scenarios he can get from a player more than that player will give at any moment in their careers. He did it at Porto (Carvalho and Deco only exceptions). Hell, at Inter Millito was touted for the Ballon d'Or, unbelievable.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Think it's early to declare them all successes but the signs do look rather good, for the most part.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I'm not discounting what Mourinho has done, but buying 4 players for large fees (Ibra excluded) and contracts, you'd expect them to play well.
I think Mhiki has about 5 league games under his belt, Bailly has 9. I'm going to reserve my judgement on the transfer business until the end of the season on this quartet. 6 months ago United had the best summer transfer window, 3 months ago they had the worst.

I think all 4 are great players though.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
It's not that easy though is it and hasn't worked out all that great for our previous two managers.
That's because Moyes and LVG shouldn't have been the manager of Manchester United.
With the money spent in the summer, I don't think it's been a massive success, nor a massive failure. I think the transfer business was ok.

2 of them have also played very few games.

ocprodigy

I'm not discounting what Mourinho has done, but buying 4 players for large fees (Ibra excluded) and contracts, you'd expect them to play well.
I think Mhiki has about 5 league games under his belt, Bailly has 9. I'm going to reserve my judgement on the transfer business until the end of the season on this quartet. 6 months ago United had the best summer transfer window, 3 months ago they had the worst.

John Stones. Price doesn't guarantee anything.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
John Stones. Price doesn't guarantee anything.
Well no but I never said it did.
If you buy a player for £80 million, and one for £800, I'm sure you'll have different expectations no?

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

Considering how much we've wasted since Sir Alex I'm really happy a manager has got all signings right. Ibra has scored goals, Pogba has been great at creating chances and Bailly has been our best CB. Miki has only played a few games but his recent performances have been so good and his history suggests he is a class player.

His signings have been great. I can see why you would be hesitant on calling them all a success but from what I've seen so far I'm very pleased

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Considering how much we've wasted since Sir Alex I'm really happy a manager has got all signings right. Ibra has scored goals, Pogba has been great at creating chances and Bailly has been our best CB. Miki has only played a few games but his recent performances have been so good and his history suggests he is a class player.

His signings have been great. I can see why you would be hesitant on calling them all a success but from what I've seen so far I'm very pleased

Don't get me wrong, I think all 4 are great players. Bailly is an excellent young CB, Mhiki and Pogba are proven class and Ibra is a legendary striker.
Like you said, Mhiki has only played a few games but has the history to show he'll probably keep up the great form.
It's just Mhiki and Bailly have both played under 10 league games.

ehsanul

Bestower of favours
I think Mourinho is creating a backbone and so far his business has been excellent.I think we will be seeing this reward in the coming months.

InfiniteBoredom

This is like saying water is wet. Mourinho's transfer dealing has always been one of his strongest suit. You look at that Madrid team, the last one he had a high autonomy on. Ozil, Khedira, AdM, Modric etc... good buys who played well under him and sold on for massive profit (Modric still there, of course).

He's also very old school in his team building. A good goalkeeper, a reliable defender, a good midfielder and a striker who scores regularly. A spine that will play regularly which he won't compromise on. Exactly what the summer businesses were intended to rectify with our team.

Ixion

If anyone doubted he should rebuild our squad, our 11 games unbeaten and 5 wins in a row are largely down to his three big signings.

PieCrust

Will be very interesting after the next summer window as this squad continues to evolve and Jose puts his mark on it.

Hopefully the results justify Jose staying for at least 3 more years and then after that, we'll see.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Thinking about us compared to Manchester City signings at this point it is night and day.

Bailley or Stones
Mykytarin or Sane
Pogba or Gundogen
Zlatan or Bravo

I think we have done the better business and not sure how much money is spent either way but both clubs have spent a few bob.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Thinking about us compared to Manchester City signings at this point it is night and day.

Bailley or Stones
Mykytarin or Sane
Pogba or Gundogen
Zlatan or Bravo

I think we have done the better business and not sure how much money is spent either way but both clubs have spent a few bob.
Best thing is they outspent us, and probably will again due to needing yet a new backline and keeper.