Mourinho's thoughts if United appoint Moyes?

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
He's just leaving the Real Madrid job mate :lol:
You're quite gullible, aren't you? Sir Bobby has said on a few occasions that Mourinho isn't right for the job, saying, and I quote, "he pontificates too much for my liking". Do you really think that's the sort of thing you say before going on to offer that very man the job? The same man that is acting a cnut at Madrid? Mourinho is a nasty piece of work, and I'm glad he's not here. He may go on to win a PL or two with ye, but he won't last long there. For the record, Klopp was my first choice, but I'd much prefer Moyes over Mourinho.

Drifter

American
Jose Mourinho has backed David Moyes to be a success at Manchester United and admits he was honoured that Sir Alex Ferguson rang him personally to tell him he was retiring.

Speaking to Sky Sports, Mourinho paid tribute to Ferguson, who will step down at Old Trafford at the end of the season after more than 26 years in charge, and admits the landscape of the Premier League will be different without him around.

"When Sir Alex called me to give me the honour of knowing from him his decision, I was surprised and sad," the Real Madrid boss said.

"At the same time, I was happy to feel his emotion, and pride for such an amazing career.

"It will be difficult for me, and I think all managers, to go to Old Trafford and play against Manchester United, without this mythical figure waiting for us.

"I think David is a great choice. I like him as a person, I like his character as a manager. I believe Manchester United will support him, I think he has the qualities to do a good job.

"I wish Sir Alex a happy life, and I wish David a successful career at Old Trafford."

Mourinho was second favourite to take over from Ferguson for a while after Wednesday's announcement, but he said the Old Trafford position was not discussed and he gave another broad hint what his next club will be.

"We are good friends, and my good friends know which club I would like to manage when I finish my work at Real Madrid," Mourinho added.

He was also asked if he would tune in when Ferguson takes charge of his last match at Old Trafford on Sunday, and said: "No....certainly not...No, I don't want to cry!":)

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8704825/

NM

He and SAF are friends. Had to be good comments. He may be a cnut but he protects his friends and the players he likes.

Dominos

He was also asked if he would tune in when Ferguson takes charge of his last match at Old Trafford on Sunday, and said: "No....certainly not...No, I don't want to cry!":)
Always thinking of himself, what an absolute cnut, a great example why he should never be anywhere near our club [/Twigg].

acrebo

Nice for him to extend such comments after the job was no longer a possibility for him.

It always felt to me like he was blowing smoke up SAF's arse to get him in line for the job; maybe he really just likes him and the club.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Classy from Jose. He's always respected Sir Alex and has had good things to say about our club.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
That's quite moving from Mourinho. I want him as manager now!

NoLogo

Well he always had a soft spot for Fergie I think that was never in doubt.

He will def make Chelsea a title contender next season again, will be interesting to see if Moyes got what it takes to win the title against him.

Oh and I can't wait for him playing against Mancini again, hope he doesn't get sacked just to get the verbal abuse from Mourinho next season. :lol:

TheRisingSun

Banned
"We are good friends, and my good friends know which club I would like to manage when I finish my work at Real Madrid,"

As I have said many times on here down the years - and it ain't the dugout at Old Trafford.

ciderman9000000

"We are good friends, and my good friends know which club I would like to manage when I finish my work at Madrid,"

As I have said many times on here down the years - and it ain't the dugout at Old Trafford.
It's not like Mourinho to shy away from the big jobs though; if he was truly given the choice then I very much doubt he'd have opted for the inferior position of Chelsea manager.

LR7

Did Mourinho not apparently have a Manchester United release clause put in his Madrid contract?

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Mou is an emotional guy. If you are his friends and in his circle or be nice to him, he'd treat you very well. But anyone else, he doesn't really give a damn. Would fit in well with most posters in the Caf ;)

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
When he made the statements about wanting to work with 'his friends' (ie Chelsea), the United job was not an option for him or anybody. No-one knew SAF was about to resign. So I don't think its fair to hold that against him as a sign of lack of enthusiasm.

I still maintain that he desperately wanted the United job, lots of us fans wanted him to have the job, and ultimately he was passed over in favour of Moyes.

Reading between the lines from the above interview, I think SAF called him to tell him he would not be getting the job he wanted as he had decided for Moyes. Would be the decent thing to do. He'll get over it very quickly, but I think he will have been upset and surprised that he has not landed the job he was after.

I like Mourinho alot as a character and also as a football tactician. I think it would have been fun to have had him around our club. In the future, who knows?!

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
feck what he thinks. He's not entitled to the job. You don't need an ego like that, wants to be bigger than the club and stays a few years before buggering off elsewhere

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
United fans and the media have consistently overstated his desire to one day manage at Old Trafford, imo. I'm sure he would want the job, but it is not the "above all else" obsession for him that seems to be the consensus on here.

Interesting that this place was buzzing in the immediate hours after Ferguson resigned in the hope that you would pip us at the post for his services, the vast majority of RedCafe voters wanted him as the favourite and the place ground to a halt when there was a rumoured PM doing the rounds confirming that he was in talks, but now that Moyes has been appointed it's very much being seen as a bullet dodged.

If we get Mourinho and you get Moyes, I will be absolutely over the moon.
Well I wanted Mourinho too. That's not particularly relevant to the point though.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
United fans and the media have consistently overstated his desire to one day manage at Old Trafford, imo. I'm sure he would want the job, but it is not the "above all else" obsession for him that seems to be the consensus on here.

Interesting that this place was buzzing in the immediate hours after Ferguson resigned in the hope that you would pip us at the post for his services, the vast majority of RedCafe voters wanted him as the favourite and the place ground to a halt when there was a rumoured PM doing the rounds confirming that he was in talks, but now that Moyes has been appointed it's very much being seen as a bullet dodged.

Regardless of who you have you'll still be a shit tin-pot club and we'll be Manchester United.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Always thinking of himself, what an absolute cnut, a great example why he should never be anywhere near our club [/Twigg].
:lol:

All the validation I need comes in the fact I know he hasn't been offered the job here because he is a cnut. He is certainly nice to Ferguson but his actions this week have once again highlighted what a clown the guy is.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Give him 5 minutes next season, and he'll make enemies of our club & manager. He soon forgot any loyalty to Barca once he joined Real...

LR7

I'd love to have listened in on his convo with SAF. There's something in it though because I'm sure SAF didn't ring up every mate and let them know. Did he offer Mou the job, or did he call him to let him know he was giving it to someone else? I'm undecided.

I remember on MNF after the Newcastle game at OT when SAF has a go at the ref, linesman and 4th official then went on to call Newcastle "a wee club in the north-east" in his next presser, and the media were giving him stick, Gary Neville delivered an impassioned speech on what separates the truly great managers apart from the good ones - I've looked for quotes but typing SAFs name into google right one throws up nothing earlier than the last 2 days.
Anyway back to my point Gary said all the great managers have that something about them and he went on to name Paisley, Shankly, Clough, Ferguson and Mourinho. Their motto is win at all costs, and its what sets them apart. Mourinho isn't well liked amongst opposition fans, but neither is SAF.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I'd love to have listened in on his convo with SAF. There's something in it though because I'm sure SAF didn't ring up every mate and let them know.

Did he offer Mou the job, or did he call him to let him know he was giving it to someone else? I'm undecided.
Why undecided?

I cant believe that Mourinho would have turned down the chance to take over from SAF. Its impossible.

I can envisage SAF calling Mourinho with the bad news that he was not the chosen one. It makes a lot of sense and is the kind of thing SAF would do.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
I'd love to have listened in on his convo with SAF. There's something in it though because I'm sure SAF didn't ring up every mate and let them know. Did he offer Mou the job, or did he call him to let him know he was giving it to someone else? I'm undecided.

I remember on MNF after the Newcastle game at OT when SAF has a go at the ref, linesman and 4th official then went on to call Newcastle "a wee club in the north-east" in his next presser, and the media were giving him stick, Gary Neville delivered an impassioned speech on what separates the truly great managers apart from the good ones - I've looked for quotes but typing SAFs name into google right one throws up nothing earlier than the last 2 days.
Anyway back to my point Gary said all the great managers have that something about them and he went on to name Paisley, Shankly, Clough, Ferguson and Mourinho. Their motto is win at all costs, and its what sets them apart. Mourinho isn't well liked amongst opposition fans, but neither is SAF.
Well over the years there has been story after story after story about how good a friendship SAF had with Jose. We don't know what other managers SAF may or may not have called.

Overall I would not read too much into this.

Also given that Jose was shopping for a house in London late last year, early this year, might or might not say something about where the expects to go next.

LR7

Probably not. Probably just one of those rumours started by someoen who never read the contract. Of course i never read the contract either so whta do I know.
Not so sure that's the case:

Mourinho will have Man United release clause in Madrid contract - Exclusive
Published 23:00 29/05/10 By Paul Smith

Jose Mourinho will have a clause in his Real Madrid contract to allow an escape route back to the Premier League.

The Special One will finally be unveiled as Madrid’s new manager at the Bernabeu Stadium tomorrow after Inter Milan paved the way for his departure on Friday by agreeing a compensation package with the Spanish giants.

Yet while the Portuguese coach will bathe in the glory and adulation that will follow his arrival, he is already planning for life beyond Madrid and the chance to manage Manchester United.

Mourinho has already admitted he is likely to return to England after his time in Spain draws to a close.

And he will not leave anything to chance as he sets his sights on eventually succeeding Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford.

Mourinho is set to have an escape clause within his four-year Madrid deal. This will state that after serving Real for two years he will be able to move on – if their compensation requirement is met.

It is Ferguson’s decision to prolong his stay at Old Trafford that has led Mourinho to seek sanctuary at the Bernabeu.

Privately Mourinho admits United is the only job that interests him in England, despite frequently hinting that one day he would like to return to Chelsea.

The Old Trafford hierarchy are loath to debate Ferguson’s successor, apart from admitting Sir Alex will have a major say in naming him. Far from being intimidated by the prospect of following a *legend, Mourinho appears to relish the chance.

United chief executive David Gill admits the list of potential United managers is “a small pool”. Asked whether Mourinho would figure on that list, Gill said: “He’s done well, hasn’t he? He certainly has something about him. He’s a winner.”

Mourinho has won 18 major trophies in the past nine years, culminating in a treble with Inter that included the Champions League.

His arrival at Madrid will also be welcome news to United because it effectively rules out any move for their prolific England striker Wayne Rooney.

There were growing fears that the Glazer family would address the club’s growing debts by cashing in on their prized asset.

And prior to Mourinho’s arrival Madrid made no *secret of the fact that they would love to sign him *following the capture of Cristiano Ronaldo.

But Mourinho will not do anything to jeopardise his chances of landing the *United job by infuriating Reds fans with a bid for Rooney. http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...-to-join-Manchester-United-article442105.html

Jose has United escape clause in Real contract - Exclusive
Published 23:00 10/07/10 By Simon Mullock

Jose Mourinho’s dream of becoming Manchester United manager has moved a giant step closer.

Sources close to Real Madrid have revealed that their new boss can leave at the end of each of his four years in charge with no compensation to be paid by either party.

Sunday Mirror Sport *revealed in May that *Mourinho had insisted in a get out clause after agreeing to join Real from Champions League *winners Inter Milan.

The news that he will be a free agent each summer until 2014 means that when Sir Alex Ferguson retires the prospect of luring Mourinho as his Old Trafford successor will be *attractive and affordable.

Mourinho, 47, has always maintained that he will *return to the Premier League after winning two titles in three seasons with Chelsea.

United is his preferred *destination and he’s seen as one of the few men with the ego to follow in Fergie’s *footsteps.

The Portuguese won two Serie A championships in two *seasons at Inter, but quit the Italian club in May following the Champions League Final victory over Bayern Munich in the Bernabeu. http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...o-his-Real-Madrid-contract-article522257.html

Jose: I will be next Utd boss
EXCLUSIVE By NEIL CUSTIS Published: 14th April 2011

JOSE MOURINHO believes he will succeed Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford.
The Special One wants to take over as Manchester United boss at the end of next season — and reckons he will get the job.

SunSport revealed last month that Real Madrid manager Mourinho, 48, is set on ‘coming home’ to the Premier League.

He has told close pals he believes the way will be open for him in the summer of 2012.

The problem would come if Fergie decides to go out on a high this year with a second Treble triumph.

Mourinho has three years left on his Real deal but could walk away, such is his desire to return to work in the Prem.

Fergie, 69, said recently: “Jose is a great friend of mine. We’ve spoken many times about his future and I understand his wish to return to England.

“But it’s difficult for me to say when my position will be available. It will be my health that decides.”

United chiefs are keen on Mourinho, who won the Champions League with both Porto and Inter Milan and guided Chelsea to two Premier League titles.

The Portuguese coach has led Real into their first Champions League semi-final since 2003, where they will meet bitter rivals Barcelona.

United had earmarked Everton boss David Moyes.

But Mourinho’s CV and standing in the game are proving too hard to ignore.

Mourinho was asked yesterday if he might replace Roberto Mancini at Manchester City. He replied: “I say it is impossible.”

Mancini said: “Yes, and I think it would be impossible for me to go to Madrid.”
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-will-be-next-Man-Utd-boss.html#ixzz2SxXVDK9m

I think he had a release clause and I think he wanted to come here.

mufcwarm92

They both suit the respective clubs they're off to manage, to be fair. We want longevity, decent football and preferably someone British, and Moyes ticks all those boxes. Mourinho is perfect for Chelsea - he's obviously a fantastic manager but having already fallen out with the owner in the past, it will obviously happen again before too long. His record at other clubs shows how much of a disruptive presence he can be, but his short term style suits the farce that is the Chelsea management merry go round.

And you're kidding yourself if you genuinely believe Jose didn't want the United job. It's been his eventual aim for quite some time and he's made that clear enough over the years. He clearly holds a soft spot for Chelsea but he would've jumped at the chance to manage United over Chelsea.