Moussa Sissoko | Dumb as they come

MagicKarpet

Supports
Tottenham
Eh, I mean the guy has 55 caps for France and was probably the best player on the pitch in the final of a European Championship. He's a flawed player, but he also wasn't some random crap player who just showed up in North London one day. He struggled very badly adjusting to Spurs and Pochettino's system and took a ton of shit from fans and the media in part because of the nature of his transfer, but he's stuck with it (and Poch stuck with him) and he's showing the qualities he always had.
? Unsure how relevant this response is to my post but regardless let's not try to rewrite history. For the majority of those caps for France, how many of them stood out? The majority of his time at Newcastle he was poor, for the first two years at Spurs he was poor - no getting away from that. There's never been a period of consistency where he's become 100% realiable and the if not one of the best players on the pitch.

So to see him turn his form around from the player that he was to what he is now is astounding, I literally cannot think of any other player in pro football who has done that, happy to be corrected though.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s another example of my points in the ‘its not the manager, it’s the players’ thread. Yet another example of a player who has improved at a rival, and was not seen as nearly good enough to sign for us.

If we can stumble upon a fortunate situation where we have Mbappé, Kante, Messi etc we will probably win trophies regardless - but at the point of signing, everyone else’s players were not better than ours.

The most important thing we can get over the summer is a fecking clue. More important than any football player we can buy, and I don’t buy into the theory that we just needed to buy better footballers than Pogba, Martial and Lukaku. Coaching needs to improve and the manager needs to earn his spoils by implementing.

United Junkie

He's known for his usual brainfarts but this isn't entirely on his. Mane is just too smart for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

PoTMS

What a stupid man. No one can convince me he had to have his hand up there. Just asking for the ref to give a penalty.

izec

There are players who hide their arms behind the back when someone is crossing in the penalty box, Sissoko though thinks it is a great idea to have his arms up for seconds in the air

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Thought that run and punt over the bar v them in the league was appalling enough.
But waving your arm in the sky like that? Criminal to the level of dembellends miss when 3-0

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Amateurish mistake that marked the final since the very fecking beginning.

He can be glad they scored a second goal so the shame-guilt is not absolute.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
My mates (all Newcastle fans btw) have been arguing for months that this guy is better than Pogba. I want to know what they smoke :houllier:

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Silly from him but I don't think it was a penalty. How many CL ties are going to get decided by handballs that are harsh and would otherwise have had no bearing on the game (i.e. the shot was never going in anyway or it was not stopping an obvious chance). Off the top of my head I can think of today's final, Utd v PSG, and had Aguero scored his penalty against Spurs then likely Spurs would not have gone through. It's demeaning the competition.

arthurka

Silly from him but I don't think it was a penalty. How many CL ties are going to get decided by handballs that are harsh and would otherwise have had no bearing on the game (i.e. the shot was never going in anyway or it was not stopping an obvious chance). Off the top of my head I can think of today's final, Utd v PSG, and had Aguero scored his penalty against Spurs then likely Spurs would not have gone through. It's demeaning the competition.
Both the ref and the VAR thought it was.
It was harsh but correct I think.

PvsNP

Both the ref and the VAR thought it was.
It was harsh but correct I think.
It was harsh indeed, but if the ref didn't give it, I don't think VAR would've overturned the decision.

Redderp

You can’t just stop crosses with your arm because you feel like pointing. feck me what an idiot. Like bruh i can’t believe he actually thought it was a good idea to point like that when he is defending a cross.

You can sometimes understand when players are jumping that they can’t control their arms or when players are running and making sliding tackles. Arms flailing everywhere, shit happens.

But this dude was standing still, defending a cross, in the box and he decides that it’s a good idea to take his arm out and point.

Sissoko deserved to commit a penalty just by being that dumb...

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Didn't he win a player of the season award or something like that ?
Regarding the pen, those are the rules, everyone directly involved should know them and play the game while considering them.
That was even more obvious than Kimpembe which was also a valid pen awarded.
Players are told to be careful with their arms but they still wanna play like they are used to. It makes no sense

Pierluigi Casiraghi

Fully agree. It's a stupid new rule that needs to be scrapped immediately. I thought it when we got the penalty against PSG even. No one wants to see penalties given for that kind of thing.

It was a penalty based on the current interpretation. It's the rule that needs to change. You shouldn't be getting penalties for something that never in a million years would otherwise lead to a goal.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Agree with this. I said the same when you got a penalty against you in the group game for someone hitting Otamendy I think (I forget against who). Also felt the same in the World Cup final. It really ruins the experience for me when a ball accidentally hitting a hand decides a football match.

Hughie77

Silly to put arm up, why? But Mane aimed for it, I'm sure, and there's going to be more of them next season. Unless defenders chop there arms off.
Poor game

Acole9

Outstanding
It was a pretty bad mistake, the game was pretty much finished by that point.

izec

Silly to put arm up, why? But Mane aimed for it, I'm sure, and there's going to be more of them next season. Unless defenders chop there arms off.
Poor game
The difference between a smart and dumb player decided the game in 2 seconds. Liverpool players are aware and have brain cells, while the rest seems not up to it these days. Barca is another example with Arnold/Dembele. Small details matter. The losing side only has themselves to blame.

Firstouch20

Think youre all being harsh on him to be fair. It was just unfortunate timing that mane decided to cross the ball at the very moment he was pointing instructions towards Trippier. The ball also hit his chest first before hitting his hand. Think it's harsh to award a pen when there was no intent and when it was a bit of a freak hand ball but rules are rules.