Moyes So Far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
the thing that worries me is that there no clear gameplan. it's not that we are moving from Pulis' Stoke to Bielsas' Athelic now with the same players etc, Moyes is know for his British way of playing football that's why on paper his appointment made sense. and yet we look more and more clueless with every passing game.

pony1982

:lol:
Genuine quote?
Yes it was - sometimes I feel he shouldn't be allowed in front of the press, given the shite that comes out of his mouth. Send Phil Neville out there instead - he could be the new Phelan

mlclauhk

Show OUR manager respect!

He's the most important man at the club and there should be no threads discussing the job he's doing.

We should be questioning these players and their performances.
The most important man at the club, so he can't be held accountable for results? That's just stupid.

He's the one responsible for picking the team. If someone isn't performing, he should be the one to motivate them or drop them if needed. At the moment the whole team isn't performing, and not just for one game, but over the course of half a season. But yet, according to your logic, it's nothing to do with Moyes?

OneUnited24

I don't think some of these players are giving their all. Maybe some think their places are under threat and are playing scared or if they know they are on borrowed time, they don't give a shit. The only ones who really do are the fans.
I'd agree that not all are playing at 100% but then isn't it the managers job to get the best out of them? The point im making is the squad isn't rubbish and incapable of playing football as some are saying (in vein of giving moyes more time) but lets remember that less than 12 month ago we were going toe to toe with Real Madrid and now Swansea is getting the better of us.

Genuine quote?
Sadly yes :(

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
The decline started once the Glazers took over! There was very little investment in the team during those years. Sir Alex was fortunate enough to have the players he had at his disposal during this time. We have too many players who have aged, and young players not fulfilled their potential.

We just don't know if Moyes is average or out of his depth until he is given time to prove himself.
That's a good point that most on this forum do not agree on. No one knows how much Glazers are willing to invest in the team. The inflation in the market is as such that 27m for Felliani is equivalent to 18m we paid for Carrick. Who knows.. the reason we did not go for Jose is because we knew he would demand more money while Moyes could peddle a similar line as 'no value in the market' line to the fans.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Any criticism of Moyes after SIX months is a complete lack of respect to Sir Alex.

Listen mate, we all respect and love Sir Alex, but not being allowed to comment on the job Moyes is doing defeats the entire purpose of a part of this forum and opinions in general.

Sir Alex could have chosen Mourinho himself, still doesn't make the new manager immune to criticism for under-performing in his job.

sparky

Struggled and won the league by 12 points. Lost on goal difference the season before that.
Yes, we won. Mainly thanks to RVP and others dropping points. I simply trying to say that I could see the cracks start to appear and hoped they would be fixed, but they have not. That could be down to injuries or some of the players not being good enough.

Ixion

He's had the job 6 months...but you can add a few more to that where he knew he was going to be taking over and time to come up with a plan or something. He knew well in advance of the transfer window.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Because people don't buy the fact that the team that won the title at a canter overnight suddenly become mid-table mediocrity. If we had struggled in the last two or three years under Fergie - fine. But we didn't. Yes there are two or three signings needed but how can you not hold the new manager responsible for this capitulation?

All that's changed over the summer, other than Scholes' retirement (for which he spent £30m getting a new CM, plus has benefited from Januzaj's promotion) is the change of manager. It's not exactly being part of the "Moyes Out" campaign to admit that a large part of this he is answerable for.
The problem with this argument is that is leaves the single most important part of the equation out. Surely it's not unthinkable that Fergie made these players over-perform (or whatever you wish to call it) and that his presence in itself helped paper over plenty of cracks. I'd say it's obvious this is the case. To what extent - that is the question. Is Moyes doing something fundamentally wrong here? Or is he struggling within reason, as it were? We don't have the answer yet. But it's clearly not a case of him turning a historically great team at the peak of its powers into a mediocrity overnight. It's far more complicated than that.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If they're his only options then I think we're probably fecked.

That's it exactly.

Could a top manager actually let us fall so dramatically? Let's assume Manchester United want to replace ferguson with a top manager who could be one of the worlds best managers soon, given they want to continue being one of the worlds best teams. Could a manager with that potential allow this squad to fall this low, is the Question that needs to be answered. I personally don't think so. I can't see how a guardiola, mourinho, klopp or any of the other up and coming managers who will end up as a great managers, would allow this squad to do this pathetically.

sparky

Struggled at what? Winning the league? Struggling is relative.

I agree our squad the last few years has performed above the sum of it's parts. But the drop from winning the league & deserving to beat Madrid to scrambling about mid-table getting beaten at home by West Brom, Newcastle & Spurs is huge.
I was responding to a post that said we have not struggled over the last few years. My opinion is that we have. But thanks to RVP and Rooney and had not hindered us until now.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I think we're gonna have to accept that Moyes needs to tell half these players to get fecked and to build his own squad.
I think he is. As long as the board back him to the hilt otherwise it is an impossible job. Only the summer will show who is going to stay and how many players will need replacing.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Any criticism of Moyes after SIX months is a complete lack of respect to Sir Alex.
In fact, Sir Alex is at least as much to blame for the failings of the current squad. He built a squad with a lot of rubbish in it and proclaimed it was the greatest and didn't need anything.

amolbhatia50k

Oh get off the stupidly high horse. I'm going to go ahead and show zero lack of respectful sir Alex and his judgment by saying that djemba djemba was nowhere near good enough for Manchester United. There, I said it. I hope people don't react too harshly.

MJJ

That's it exactly.

Could a top manager actually let us fall so dramatically? Let's assume Manchester United want to replace ferguson with a top manager who could be one of the worlds best managers soon, given they want to continue being one of the worlds best teams. Could a manager with that potential allow this squad to fall this low, is the Question that needs to be answered. I personally don't think so. I can't see how a guardiola, mourinho, klopp or any of the other up and coming managers who will end up as a great managers, would allow this squad to do this pathetically.
He is the managerial equivalent of ashley young and all of us want him sold.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Whoever is coaching our defense at the moment is doing a mighty shite job at the moment, the way we back off tackles so much and our zonal marking is atrocious. This isn't an issue that's just come up with Moyes though: I've felt it's been quite bad for a good few years now, and I had hoped Moyes would have changed that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm genuinely interested why people think getting rid of half the squad is a more sensible option than getting rid of the manager?

Moyes himself said this is a squad of champions.
We saw what Fergie did last year, and even with his magic we'd still be top 4 surely at least!

Plugsy

The problem with this argument is that is leaves the single most important part of the equation out. Surely it's not unthinkable that Fergie made these players over-perform (or whatever you wish to call it) and that his presence in itself helped paper over plenty of cracks. I'd say it's obvious this is the case. To what extent - that is the question. Is Moyes doing something fundamentally wrong here? Or is he struggling within reason, as it were? We don't have the answer yet. But it's clearly not a case of him turning a historically great team at the peak of its powers into a mediocrity overnight. It's far more complicated than that.

Of course Fergie could have made the players over perform but as good as Sir Alex was I don't think he was a miracle worker. He really shouldn't have been the difference between not being beaten on points for the last 3 years (I know it's more, but sticking to relatively the same squad) and this decline. if he has that kind of a midas touch the old fella's wife must have 24 carat tits

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Serious question: could Moyes actually have done any worse in terms of transfers, results, playing style and entertainment?

MJJ

Oh get off the stupidly high horse. I'm going to go ahead and show zero lack of respectful sir Alex and his judgment by saying that djemba djemba was nowhere near good enough for Manchester United. There, I said it. I hope people don't react too harshly.
Didnt you get the memo? According to mcgeady we can criticize the players,fans and board just not the manager.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
On the bench he looks lacking in energy, confidence and passion, as if resigned to mediocrity. The team looks like a perfect reflection.

Transfers? There's no way I'd give him the keys to the warchest.

He's the manager, and that's not going to change in a hurry. But he desperately needs help. A Director of Football to do the shopping? A Sporting Director to take the heat out of the press conferences?

Not the United way? Maybe not, but Moyes isn't ready to take on all the jobs - he's got a coaching job to do. Of course SAF didn't actually do the coaching, maybe no one should be expected to take on all those jobs.

amolbhatia50k

Didnt you get the memo? According to mcgeady we can criticize the players,fans and board just not the manager.
Ah yes, chosen by sir Alex hence must be perfect for Manchester United. Also, if anything goes wrong, it's the players fault and the manager can't be blamed.

datura

On the bench he looks lacking in energy, confidence and passion, as if resigned to mediocrity. The team looks like a perfect reflection.

He's the manager, and that's not going to change in a hurry. But he desperately needs help. A Director of Football to do the shopping? A Sporting Director to take the heat out of the press conferences?

Not the United way? Maybe not, but Moyes isn't ready to take on all the jobs - he's got a coaching job to do. Of course SAF didn't actually do the coaching, maybe no one should be expected to take on all those jobs.

SAF was far more involved in the coaching earlier on, it's only with age that he started delegating that side, but he was still on the training ground.

amolbhatia50k

Actually, our coaching looks like the worst part.

Status
Not open for further replies.