Moyes To Succeed Ferguson Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardedGenius

Clean Shaven and Foolish

Not until Sir Alex of Ferguson retires, but he'd be my choice - especially if Jose looks set to remain at Chelski for mucho rubles.

His Everton team has always had a good work ethic, and as last night proved, his teams play surprisingly good football.

BeardedGenius

Clean Shaven and Foolish
I'm not. Everton played really well. Yeah sure, they were combative, but no more than United were against Arsenal. And Everton played it on the ground. It wasn't long balls to Big Dunc as would have happened in the past. Sure, it wasn't like watching Brazil, but look at the players at Moyes' disposal. I'd have Moyes over O'Neill in terms of playing style anyday. Viva Moyes!

Lynott

Hmmm.

United beaten by a team so lets get all of that teams players and their manager.

These type of threads should be confined to the transfer forum along with all the other rubbish.

BeardedGenius

Clean Shaven and Foolish
Lynott said:
Hmmm.

United beaten by a team so lets get all of that teams players and their manager.

These type of threads should be confined to the transfer forum along with all the other rubbish.
Lynott, it's not that sort of thread. I'm not one of those foolish young imp's who's gonna say "ooh, let's buy Marcus Bent - he was miles better than Ronaldo last night!!" - it's not a knee jerk suggestion. Ever since he's stepped foot in Goodison, he's thoroughly impressed. He's like Ferguson, he's not just a coach. He's the type of man to come into a club and shake it all up - leave his mark on every facet of the way the football club is run.

skeeta

Yet another rambling idiot
moyes and o'neil are motivators who get average players gellin well as a team. They could not entice players like Ronaldinho, Robben, to come and handle these kind of players earning in excess of 100,000 a week and play a brand of football that would stand up in europe.

BeardedGenius

Clean Shaven and Foolish
skeeta said:
moyes and o'neil are motivators who get average players gellin well as a team. They could not entice players like Ronaldinho, Robben, to come and handle these kind of players earning in excess of 100,000 a week and play a brand of football that would stand up in europe.
Firstly, O'Neill has already reached a UEFA Cup final with a very average squad at his disposal so I'd suggest he's got the measure of Europe. Secondly, would players like Veron, Ronaldo or Cantona have been enticed by a Glasweigan from Aberdeen? They were - because if the lure of Manchester United Football Club isn't lure enough, then the manager's name is an irrelevance.

pbrown

Plechazunga said:
O'Neill is the man for the job

When the time comes
Agree but don't count out United legends Robson, Bruce and hughes

Lynott

BeardedGenius said:
Lynott, it's not that sort of thread. I'm not one of those foolish young imp's who's gonna say "ooh, let's buy Marcus Bent - he was miles better than Ronaldo last night!!" - it's not a knee jerk suggestion. Ever since he's stepped foot in Goodison, he's thoroughly impressed. He's like Ferguson, he's not just a coach. He's the type of man to come into a club and shake it all up - leave his mark on every facet of the way the football club is run.
I apologise if you have been a fan of Moyes for a while now. Its just the timing of the thread that made me think that this was another one of 'those' threads.

On the subject, I am not a fan of Moyes or O'Neill for that matter. I think United need Hitzfeld and I think they need him now. They should get him in for 5 years and win a few leagues and maybe a European Cup or two.

One thing is for sure though. Ferguson has taken the club as far as he can.

BeardedGenius

Clean Shaven and Foolish
pbrown said:
Agree but don't count out United legends Robson, Bruce and hughes
I can't see either of the three being half-way good enough I'm afraid. Hughes is the best manager of three in my opinion, as the others have wasted an awful lot of money from very generous club boards in their management careers thus far.

Drifter

American
skeeta said:
Agree with that .Not high profile enough in europe, which if some like it or not is very important to Man United Football club

kkcbl

Noone here would agree with me but my personal choice is Guus Hiddink.

He has the uncanny ability to bring success to under-achieving teams or teams with potential ( see South Korea, Holland & past & present PSV teams ), a knack to produce teams with great unity & passion, has a philosophy of attacking football with plenty of wing-play whilst ensuring his teams are fit & have a hard, competitive edge.

Only thing going against him is his age.

Warrington

In need of a new contact after Carra let me down.
vijay said:
Agree on that. He is one of those candidates but I feel we must involve Sparky in one way or the other. Personally I'd prefer CQ, O'Neill, Mancini or Benetiz.
Benitez to United? :lol:

Aand CQ and Mancini have won what exactly? United is a massive club not a tin pot one.... if the managers position became available it would probably be Hitzfield or Capello in with Sparky as assistant.

Justin

kkcbl said:
Noone here would agree with me but my personal choice is Guus Hiddink.

He has the uncanny ability to bring success to under-achieving teams or teams with potential ( see South Korea, Holland & past & present PSV teams ), a knack to produce teams with great unity & passion, has a philosophy of attacking football with plenty of wing-play whilst ensuring his teams are fit & have a hard, competitive edge.

Only thing going against him is his age.
Yeah, he's only Fergie's junior by 5 years.

skeeta

BeardedGenius said:
Firstly, O'Neill has already reached a UEFA Cup final with a very average squad at his disposal so I'd suggest he's got the measure of Europe. Secondly, would players like Veron, Ronaldo or Cantona have been enticed by a Glasweigan from Aberdeen? They were - because if the lure of Manchester United Football Club isn't lure enough, then the manager's name is an irrelevance.
You're wrong,

Veron - had to leave lazio because of the passport scandal
Cantona - wasn't hard to lure, he was considered a troubled french flop at leeds
Ronaldo - Was brought on recommendation of carlos queiroz
Stam - fergie tapped him
Ferdinand/Rooney - British players

skeeta

Martin O'Neil
Perhaps the only man in football with boots big enough to fill Fergie's. He would undoubtedly be a popular choice amongst the Old Trafford faithful. He's an inspirational leader, a solid tactician and innovative enough to change with the times. However, his knowledge of and contacts within European football would appear to be limited, he has no experience of working with megastar footballers and in truth has had little success at the very top level. Taking Celtic to a UEFA Cup Final is a plus point with the board but his lack of Champions League experience counts against him

David Moyes
The Everton boss was very nearly offered the role of Ferguson's number two before the appointment of Carlos Quieroz first time round. His lack of 'Europeanness' counted against him on that occasion. However, he's achieved wonders with a limited Everton squad. It's a big jump from Everton to Manchester United though and Moyes would represent a huge gamble for the board. His team's style also presents a problem. Everton play some of the dullest long-ball 4-5-1 football in the Premiership. It works but it ain't pretty to look at, something that isn't acceptable to the vast majority of United fans.

Carlos Queiroz
The United number two would appear to be in prime position to take over after Fergie gave his blessing last week. Queiroz is an excellent tactician, a modern thinker and he's very popular with the players and fans. He also speaks five languages to boot. On the downside CQ had a tough time at Real Madrid, has no real experience of running a club the size of Manchester United and no record in the transfer market (perhaps that's a good thing, it couldn't get any worse could it?!). Would the board want a bigger name and is CQ more suited to duties as an assistant?
Though in March 2003 Real madrid were on the verge of a treble before there demise. Helped united tremondously in our last title win.

The Marksman

Martin O Neill is my first choice as well.

David Moyes is a fantastic young manager tho, and I would have no problems if United were to take a gamble on him either.

skeeta

Ferguson touts O'Neill as successor

Sir Alex Ferguson believes Celtic manager Martin O'Neill would be the ideal man to succeed his reign at Old Trafford.
Ferguson, who will sever all links with United at the end of next season, sees the former Leicester City manager and Northern Ireland captain as the perfect candidate for the job.

"Martin's a no-nonsense manager - just what you need at a big club. You don't mess this man around," he told the News of the World.

"Any recognition and praise that Martin gets is deserved. For him to go to Celtic and change it all around in one season is remarkable.

"I have to say I thought he would do that because he is a good organiser and a great believer in team spirit.

"He is a no-nonsense manager who is strong and has a personality and I think those qualities are important at a big club like Celtic.

Drifter

American
BeardedGenius said:
They were - because if the lure of Manchester United Football Club isn't lure enough, then the manager's name is an irrelevance.
To tell you the truth i don't think that is so true nowadays.The tabloids are usually full of top players who are flattered with being linked with Man United but they always end up at Barca , Madrid, Milan.Storys about changing room bustups between Beckham and SAF do not help either.

Drifter

American
skeeta said:
Sir Alex Ferguson believes Celtic manager Martin O'Neill would be the ideal man to succeed his reign at Old Trafford.
Ferguson, who will sever all links with United at the end of next season, sees the former Leicester City manager and Northern Ireland captain as the perfect candidate for the job.

"Martin's a no-nonsense manager - just what you need at a big club. You don't mess this man around," he told the News of the World.

"Any recognition and praise that Martin gets is deserved. For him to go to Celtic and change it all around in one season is remarkable.

"I have to say I thought he would do that because he is a good organiser and a great believer in team spirit.

"He is a no-nonsense manager who is strong and has a personality and I think those qualities are important at a big club like Celtic.
:lol: He also recommended Quieroz as well.

vijay

Im rude and disprespectful to the ladies of the fo
Warrington said:
Benitez to United? :lol:
My granny says Benetiz gonna get sacked by the end of next season and Ranieri is on way to Liverpool. She is always right on these matters

Aand CQ and Mancini have won what exactly? United is a massive club not a tin pot one.... if the managers position became available it would probably be Hitzfield or Capello in with Sparky as assistant.
Majority of the fans won't complain if CQ takes over from Fergie, with couple of former players as his assistants. Mancini, is a good tactician, prefers attractive football and he might not lock horns with the management. When Lazio were under administrative and financial squabbles with the players not being paid, he was still able to maintain the spirit of the team. He can manage big clubs and So far he has done an excellent job with Inter.

I personally feel it's better to go after managers who are relatively young and hungry. like........ Ancelotti, Rijkaard and Mourinho.

Drifter

American
Director Sir Bobby Charlton has declared that Manchester United will never sack Sir Alex Ferguson.

The Red Devils may be through to an FA Cup final date with Arsenal but they suffered their second successive Premiership defeat on Wednesday, at Everton, and surely must have to settle for third place for the second season running.

A disappointing UEFA Champions League campaign was ended by Milan as United continued to fail to reach the latter stages of the competition they won in 1999.

Ferguson, for the first time in years, has faced some criticism from sections of the club's support, despite retaining the backing of the majority of fans, but Charlton says his job is completely safe.

"The only way we would ever be separated from Alex Ferguson is if he decides," Charlton told Sky Sports News.

"We have no plans.

"He is the best manager that has ever been, the most successful, certainly in England, and we have no reason to change."

The 1966 World Cup winner is in China promoting United's friendly with Beijing Hyundai on July 26.

Chief executive David Gill stirred some debate recently when admitting Ferguson was 'sackable', although he later insisted the comment was taken out of context.

"I think it's been an unusual season this year in as much as we've had Chelsea spend a lot of money," Charlton added.

"They've brought in really good players and been very successful. That's one of the reasons why we haven't maybe been successful.

"Without Chelsea, we might have been champions this year and there wouldn't be a problem."

http://skysports.planetfootball.com...ie+will+never+be+sacked&channel=Football_Home

skeeta

Ferguson has enthusiastically commended his No.2's input, citing both his "imagination" and forward-thinking approach. Since his return to Old Trafford, Queiroz has been given greater responsibility for the squad's technical work and training.

The pair are palpably on the same football wavelength and have developed a close relationship, in spite of their very different personalities: one the hairdryer, the other a gentle towel in comparison

skeeta

he has already succeeded in winning the approval of Roy Keane, which is no mean feat. The club’s demanding captain has been impressed by the coach’s innovations, including a golf/football hybrid to break the monotony, but most importantly by his demeanour, which has echoes of Eriksson in its combination of intellect and authority.

“Players can see through a bull******* immediately and Carlos isn’t one of them,” Keane said. “He has a lot to follow because, in Brian Kidd and Steve McClaren, we have worked with a couple of the best coaches around, but you could tell straight away that here was a guy who knew what he was doing. I think a club like United needs the fresh input that will come from a foreign coach.”

tengy

Say it loud, I'm out and I'm proud. I'm a bigotte
yeh, i would like a british manager, or we faced being like arsenal, a foreign players club

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
skeeta said:

Best news I've heard in weeks

Hang on in there Martin

Keane16 said:
I'm in the O'Neill/Keane as No.2 camp.

Though they'll probably kill each other.
:lol: I'd love that

The management team that is, not the killing each other...which would be disappointing

NOT Queiroz...but I don't think the board/Glazer :( would be so stupid anyway

redjoe

If anyone finds a spare clue please pm it to me
BeardedGenius said:
I'm not. Everton played really well. Yeah sure, they were combative, but no more than United were against Arsenal. And Everton played it on the ground. It wasn't long balls to Big Dunc as would have happened in the past. Sure, it wasn't like watching Brazil, but look at the players at Moyes' disposal. I'd have Moyes over O'Neill in terms of playing style anyday. Viva Moyes!

Let's get Moyes to manage us, he has won nothing, has no Champions League experience, plays one target man upfront, he sounds like the ideal man to replace Fergie.

Drifter

American
tengy said:
, or we faced being like arsenal, a foreign players club

We are doing that already because of restrictions on buying young players within a certain radius.

pbrown

BeardedGenius said:
I can't see either of the three being half-way good enough I'm afraid. Hughes is the best manager of three in my opinion, as the others have wasted an awful lot of money from very generous club boards in their management careers thus far.
I think we can agree to disagree but Robson had a good run at Boro and then I think got a bad rap toward the end.. If he keeps West Brom that to me is as good a coaching job as any in the EPL... They were in last in Dec.. Hughes is good also as is Bruce... I think one thing that they might bring is a continuing Tradition and stability to the team... IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.