Television Mr. Robot | s02_spoilers

• Thread starter Deleted member 78215
  • Start date

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Think it will be revealed to be some version of reality only Elliot is experiencing in his head. Can't see them going into the route of alternative or parallel universe this late in the game.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What the feck was that ending :eek:

Loved the scene with Elliot & Whiterose.

ha_rooney

Think it will be revealed to be some version of reality only Elliot is experiencing in his head. Can't see them going into the route of alternative or parallel universe this late in the game.
I think so too. The parallel universe concept is probably misleading, but not impossible with this show.

I can’t wait to see how this ends. So brilliantly complex but simple in its execution. The acting is superb.

Jaap

WHAT THE ACTUAL FECK?

Christ, mind still blown. Trying to somehow „understand“ the route this show is heading. Sam Esmail, you absolute genius.

Two-hour special next week as the series finale.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Trying not to read new posts but just watched S4E5 and holy shitting hell what an episode. I think there was like 7 words spoken in the entire thing but it was absolutely phenomenal.

I’m so glad I came back to this show.

Jagga7

Haha so crazy. Apparently melting down a power plant kicks you into a alternate reality. I wonder if this is some part of Elliot's mental illness. Who the hell knows at this stage?
The finale is 2 hours long, can't wait to see how it plays out.

LonelyFire

Trying not to read new posts but just watched S4E5 and holy shitting hell what an episode. I think there was like 7 words spoken in the entire thing but it was absolutely phenomenal.

Did say you wouldn’t be disappointed! Without giving anything away, I’ll say 405 is not the highlight of the season.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

Did say you wouldn’t be disappointed! Without giving anything away, I’ll say 405 is not the highlight of the season.
Yep, the best is yet to come.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I loved (LOVED) season 1 of this. At some point I got bored (maybe bored is the wrong word - more a lengthy gap between episodes and lost the flow of it) and haven't watched it since - I think it was towards the end of season 2. Does it get back to the heights of season 1?

ha_rooney

I loved (LOVED) season 1 of this. At some point I got bored (maybe bored is the wrong word - more a lengthy gap between episodes and lost the flow of it) and haven't watched it since - I think it was towards the end of season 2. Does it get back to the heights of season 1?
Yes... the final season has some of the best episodes I’ve ever seen on any TV show.

LonelyFire

It exceeds the quality of Season 1. Once you see Season 3, you’ll see that what happened in Season 2 was absolutely necessary.

As others have been saying, it’s criminal the lack of attention this show gets.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
You’re exactly where I was.

Woah.

I gave up on this after that super weird episode where they spent 20 minutes in a car like it was an 80’s sitcom. I guess I should go back and give it another shot.
Season two is by far the weakest season but even then the last few episodes are great. And yea, that 80s sitcom episode sucked balls.

Season three is superb with some incredible individual episodes and season four is taking it to a whole other level so far.

Honestly the cinematography, acting, soundtrack and overall intensity of season's three and four is probably the closest I've seen to Breaking Bad since it ended. Oh and if you need proof just look at the episode ratings on IMDB!
Just finished season 3, really glad I went back to this show. Thanks @Massive Spanner

In short; watch it.

ha_rooney

Cannot wait for the finale. I’m sure it’s going to be an absolute mind-feck that will require me to go back to the start of the show & watch it all again.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Just watched S4E7.

feck. feck feck feck. feck.

There aren’t many (any?) other shows where at the end of the episode I have to stop Amazon/Netflix/whatever from automatically starting the next episode because I need time to unpack what I’ve just watched but this show has led me here a few times now.

A bottle episode unlike perhaps any other. There was, what, 6 people contained within 2 rooms for the whole thing and yet so much happened.

It’s going to be interesting to see where his relationship with Mr Robot goes now we know what happened with his father.

Ok, episode 8....

LonelyFire

Just watched S4E7.

feck. feck feck feck. feck.

There aren’t many (any?) other shows where at the end of the episode I have to stop Amazon/Netflix/whatever from automatically starting the next episode because I need time to unpack what I’ve just watched but this show has led me here a few times now.

A bottle episode unlike perhaps any other. There was, what, 6 people contained within 2 rooms for the whole thing and yet so much happened.

It’s going to be interesting to see where his relationship with Mr Robot goes now we know what happened with his father.

Ok, episode 8....
One of the greatest episodes of television you’ll ever see

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Feck.

Feck feck feck.

Still a lot to unpack but that might be the best series finale I've ever seen.

Goodbye, friend :(

ha_rooney

Wow!!! fecking brilliant. Just incredible acting & writing. Perfect ending to a great show.

ha_rooney

That is probably the greatest single season I’ve seen. So many great episodes, the tension, the drama, the twists & the acting. Not just one actor, but all of them. Simply brilliant.

LonelyFire

I have to wait until tonight to watch it but refreshing to see a series end with almost universal acclaim.

That said, it wasn’t really in any doubt with this show was it!

Revan

Assumptionman
Finale was perfection itself (and the entire season too). Fantastic ending to an all-time great show.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
It exceeds the quality of Season 1. Once you see Season 3, you’ll see that what happened in Season 2 was absolutely necessary.

As others have been saying, it’s criminal the lack of attention this show gets.
Got back on this show. Glad I followed advice on here. Halfway through season 3 and its gone straight back to awesomeness levels of season 1.

LonelyFire

Got back on this show. Glad I followed advice on here. Halfway through season 3 and its gone straight back to awesomeness levels of season 1.
Glad to hear it! The run from episode 5 in Season 3 through to the very end of the show is absolutely outstanding.

OleBoiii

Masterpiece.

One of my favorite things about the show is that each season is its own distinct thing, while not straying away from the main story. Season 1 is mysterious. Season 2 is a deep-dive into Elliot's mind. Season 3 is no-bullshit high-intensity from start to finish. Season 4 ties everything together perfectly while being a mix of the three prior seasons.

I also love how Esmail isn't afraid to try out many different things.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Halfway through season 4 now and this show is outstanding. Season 2 blip aside this has been completely gripping. Tempted to binge the rest of it right now but I dont want it to finish

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Finally finished this tonight. Absolutely blown away by the finale. Perfection. I feel a little sombre now that I've finished it, and ive no doubt I'll go back and rewatch it again one day.

In terms of TV that I've really loved over the years:

Breaking Bad
True Detective S1
Early 24 seasons
A few GOT episodes

This is right in that group and I urge anyone to watch it.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I have finally finished it. I would recommend it to everyone. it´s original, with a very particular photography/atmosphere, great music and an assortment of good characters.
However I keep reading that the end is amazing while I am not feel so excited. It may have seemed too long or maybe I have not caught all the details.
-Did Whiterose really have a machine? What is the purpose of meeting Elliot in the nuclear station, the scene with the telephone and Tolstoi´s book.
Why did she shoot herself later?.
-One of the discoveries of this season is another personality, the "mastermind," who had taken almost total control over Elliot.
While watching the show, did you imagine that? Any example of the original Elliot ?.
On the other hand, who was really the hacker. From what I understood, the (personality)father of Elliot was the one who met with people devising the plan, or was really "mastermind"?
-In one of the episodes there is a meeting where elliot's father meets his mother and elliot as a child, and they talk about "bringing him here". Who are they talking about? The "mastermind" personality who must know that he is not the main one?

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I have finally finished it. I would recommend it to everyone. it´s original, with a very particular photography/atmosphere, great music and an assortment of good characters.
However I keep reading that the end is amazing while I am not feel so excited. It may have seemed too long or maybe I have not caught all the details.
-Did Whiterose really have a machine? What is the purpose of meeting Elliot in the nuclear station, the scene with the telephone and Tolstoi´s book.
Why did she shoot herself later?.
-One of the discoveries of this season is another personality, the "mastermind," who had taken almost total control over Elliot.
While watching the show, did you imagine that? Any example of the original Elliot ?.
On the other hand, who was really the hacker. From what I understood, the (personality)father of Elliot was the one who met with people devising the plan, or was really "mastermind"?
-In one of the episodes there is a meeting where elliot's father meets his mother and elliot as a child, and they talk about "bringing him here". Who are they talking about? The "mastermind" personality who must know that he is not the main one?
If I understand this correctly, I think you misunderstand the hierarchy of the personalities. We never actually met the real Elliott until the very last scene (sort of). The Elliott character we were following through the series was the mastermind, and simply one that the real Elliott had created along with the others

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
If I understand this correctly, I think you misunderstand the hierarchy of the personalities. We never actually met the real Elliott until the very last scene (sort of). The Elliott character we were following through the series was the mastermind, and simply one that the real Elliott had created along with the others
Thank you! It's what I had thought, but with so much personality I already thought that I had missed moments of the real Elliot

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I am at start of the season 3 and I am really not sure if I hate or like this show. Is it worth sticking around to the end? It's just a total mess at the moment, and really not that good.

OleBoiii

I am at start of the season 3 and I am really not sure if I hate or like this show. Is it worth sticking around to the end? It's just a total mess at the moment, and really not that good.
It's the best series ever.

Season 3 and 4 are the best seasons, so you might want to stick around a bit more.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I just finished watching this. Amazing show.

I was watching through and was busy with other things and didn't quite realize I was watching the last episode and because pretty confused :lol:

I've just read some stuff and wow it's blown my mind. Easily up there with the best things I've ever watched. Sad it's over too!

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Glad I stayed with this, just finished it. Season 3 and 4 were amazing, after poor second season. One of the best shows I've seen. It has some inconsistencies I think to run with the best though.