MSC - Reserves vs Rochdale

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
I would love Fabio to step up regularly soon, just always seems to me a 1st team player waiting to happen. I suppose its just they're not sure of his best position yet.

Hans Moleman

Fabio always seems to be playing in midfield and scoring/assisting whenever I check in on the reserves. Is it just that he hasn't had the intensive defensive experience that Rafael has had to go through with the first team so he's still a more unhinged attacking talent, or he's filling a problem position? Or...?

Number7

Ret's Slave
King Brady and now Morrison are real handfuls...pacey and skillful they all very much look like potential United players

Decotron

Conditions are getting worse and worse.

Kings pace is unreal at times. Must be up there in terms of being the quickest player at the club.

3-1 messy goal conceded. Deserved goal for their efforts really

datura

re Fabio in midfield

I think mainly it's because we are overstocked with defenders at reserve level so you've had defenders playing in midfield. He's looked impressive though, particularly in a floating role with no real defensive responsibility. He's an intelligent runner off the ball and good vision and calmness on the ball.

Number7

Ret's Slave
Stunning goal from King, brilliant assist from Morrison to find King in space and a very cool finish

Sir A1ex

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
King hattrick 5-1
I would really like to see King dominating the reserves like this now he's had a bit of first team experience. Maybe enable a Premiership loan next year?

Decotron

I would really like to see King dominating the reserves like this now he's had a bit of first team experience. Maybe enable a Premiership loan next year?
Another season in the championship would do him no harm. He has the ability to better what the likes of Campbell achieved at Hull. Just needs the right club. Preston didnt suit him in the end.

Number7

Ret's Slave
If King keeps this up he must surely be a consideration for Crawley?

Number7

Ret's Slave
Morrison makes it 6-1...King returns the favour with an assist of his own

twitter thread suggester
I love King. He's got huge potential, and I'll be very surprised if he doesn't become a very good player.
The Preston loan put a bit a stop to the hype, and I've seen quite a few Preston fans seriously underrating him since he left them. But they also didn't think highly of Welbeck after his loan ended there, and he's done well since...

Hans Moleman

Would be nice to see a couple of these kids playing amongst the first team against someone like Crawley, rather than an all-youth or hodge-podge side where there's no consistency or unity. I'd love to see King alongside Berbs, or Fabio behind Rooney. Fun!

datura

I love King. He's got huge potential, and I'll be very surprised if he doesn't become a very good player.
The Preston loan put a bit a stop to the hype, and I've seen quite a few Preston fans seriously underrating him since he left them. But they also didn't think highly of Welbeck after his loan ended there, and he's done well since...
It's difficult for them in a struggling side, and with Welbeck they just seemed to hit long balls over the top for him the whole time rather then playing to feet.

With King you hope that his ankle issues are over as he's lost a fair bit of football the last couple of years with ankle injuries (mainly from being caught late in tackles).

datura

Would be nice to see a couple of these kids playing amongst the first team against someone like Crawley, rather than an all-youth or hodge-podge side where there's no consistency or unity. I'd love to see King alongside Berbs, or Fabio behind Rooney. Fun!
I would imagine if they were involved it would be more likely as subs, should be more of a Carling Cup side I'd imagine.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Fabio, King and Morrison could all play in the first team I think. Well, obviously Fabio can, but the others too.

sincher

Pogba is a great prospect. So is Petrucci if he can get fit. And I like Thorpe, and Tunnicliffe.

Yeah was good to see the young ones get a chance today and do well.

Neutral

BTV
King dispelling any doubts about why Morrison hasn't been seen recently....

King: "I love playing with Ravel, we have a good connection. It's good to have him back, he needs to focus on his football now"

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I would imagine if they were involved it would be more likely as subs, should be more of a Carling Cup side I'd imagine.
True.SAF ain't going to take silly chances.Most likely start with a strong side ie Hernandez/Owen up front and if the game looks comfortable then it's likely King/Morrison could come on

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Kings dominated the reserves from game one. Believe me, he's too good for the reserves. He could have scored an awful lot more tonight to be fair. We should keep him here and use him. As in first team squad, yes...

The only concerns the injuries but the good thing is it's not effected his play or his confidence.

sincher

Morrison is such a natural talent, I love watching him play.
Fantastic.

Love the way he took his goal - he has that confidence. Liked his interview on MUTV as well - seems to have his head straight.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I'd agree, and when you add in Pogba and Thorpe too, it's a good bunch with more than a few with a good chance. Also been very impressed with the youngest players - Charni and Barmby.
And tunnicliffe, cofie, keane and probably others I can't think of. I'd also add Brady, simply because he's improving all the time and looking good again after the injuries. Brilliant goal from him tonight. That's why we'd be crazy to buy Henderson or the like. We've some top talent here

datura

And tunnicliffe, cofie, keane and probably others I can't think of. I'd also add Brady, simply because he's improving all the time and looking good again after the injuries. Brilliant goal from him tonight. That's why we'd be crazy to buy Henderson or the like. We've some top talent here
It depends on what SAF sees that the side need. Henderson's a different type of player and already proven at Premiership level. Most of the lads we are discussing are 17 and far from ready for regular first team football.