"My old players are queuing up to gang up against me these days"

032Devil

Sir Alex pleased for Keane
From Skysport

Sir Alex Ferguson has welcomed Roy Keane as the latest Manchester United old boy to become a Premiership manager.

Keane guided Sunderland back to the top-flight in his first season in football management and will be one of three United greats to lead teams at Old Trafford next season.

Mark Hughes has been a huge success since switching Wales for Blackburn, while Steve Bruce will be back on Premiership touchlines with Birmingham next term.

Ferguson is not surprised by the amount of his former players to go into coaching, with Paul Ince also doing wonders at League Two side Macclesfield Town.

The Red Devils boss says Keane will be deserving of the fantastic reception he is sure to receive when Sunderland visit United next season.

But*Ferguson is beginning to fear an ambush from his old boys who are sure to be looking to get one over their former manager.

"My old players are queuing up to gang up against me these days," the Scot told the official Manchester United magazine.

"Being at this club gets to you. It is infectious, you don't want to leave the game. You want to carry on.

"It is great because over the years we have had them walk back out at Old Trafford and retain a great rapport with the fans.

"It will be the same with Roy. When he brings Sunderland to Old Trafford he will get a terrific reception - and he deserves it."

The article is wrong in that there will be FOUR old players playing in the Premiership next season against United:

Hughes
Keane
Bruce
and Coppell

It's going to be hard for United next season as games against previous players are like derby games. They know Fergie management and playing strategies intimately and they are all psyched up to do well against United. They're psyched up and they psych up their players too!

Add that to Middlesborough who always do well against us because of the influence of Robson and McClaren, local derbies against Man City, Bolton, Blackburn, and the Liverpool clubs, almost half of our games are going to be like derbies.

VP

Another reason why Sir Alex is the greatest manager ever.