Mykhailo Mudryk / signs 8.5yr deal at Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwards6

That is not how it works...
Assuming a player is purchased for 85m on 8.5year contract then for FFP terms its 10m/yr + salary.

So if he is sold after 2.5yrs his book value is 60m. If he gets sold for more then the profit is recorded for that same year and same goes for the loss
They're not paying the transfer fee over 8.5 years so FFP for this year should use the initial transfer fee whatever they've paid up front

strandty

They’re clearly using these contract lengths to sort out their FFP I.E amortisation going forward but feck me, they’ll come back to bite them hard!

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I haven’t seen this lad play but I’ve seen a stat saying he’s scored a total of 9 goals in the Ukrainian league….how can someone be valued at 100m after 9 fecking goals and 29 appearances

Disaster written all over this
He does look very good from footage, very talented and pacy. But then Antony does look very talented on footage too, so we will have to see.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
@ThierryHenry14

Don't let my username confuse you, it's stoner reference, not chelsea!!!
Haha......I got it now. Too bad we missed out on him but it is not his fault Arsenal didnt pay up to meet Shahtkar's asking price. In no circumstances he should reject Chelsea's offer and the only offer on the table.

BlueHaze

Haha......I got it now. Too bad we missed out on him but it is not his fault Arsenal didnt pay up to meet Shahtkar's asking price. In no circumstances he should reject Chelsea's offer and the only offer on the table.
That's exactly what I'm saying. I think he would develop better at Arsenal than Chelsea. Future will tell but he really suited your current system and setup.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
That's exactly what I'm saying. I think he would develop better at Arsenal than Chelsea. Future will tell but he really suited your current system and setup.
Potter did really well in Brighton with very good football as well. It probably will take a bit longer to integrate so many new players in the team. They got so many great talents in the team just this transfer window.

whitbyviking

That is not how it works...
Assuming a player is purchased for 85m on 8.5year contract then for FFP terms its 10m/yr + salary.

So if he is sold after 2.5yrs his book value is 60m. If he gets sold for more then the profit is recorded for that same year and same goes for the loss
So the profit/loss is captured over the year Rather than being allocated to the length of the time at the club. Very risky indeed.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
On the break, absolutely.

Against a team parking the bus, he'll have to learn. He's not special laterally or with his delivery, but he just turned 22, so has time to improve the latter.
Sounds just like Pulisic....

whitbyviking

They keep buying the same type of players. Does this mean the days are numbered for some of their players, or are they just utterly clueless and buying who others scout? I remember back in the day city, and actually Chelsea, always seemed to buy players United had been scouting.

Castia

10 goals and 8 assists in 24 games this season, that's a very good output for a winger and 5 of those were in the CL.
Ok but 100M? He’s literally never scored a league goal before this season

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
They keep buying the same type of players. Does this mean the days are numbered for some of their players, or are they just utterly clueless and buying who others scout? I remember back in the day city, and actually Chelsea, always seemed to buy players United had been scouting.
Potter checking his inbox tomorrow morning and seeing this from Boehly

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
First time I'm hearing about this player, is he any good?
He's great but not even close to 100 mil great. Really exciting young player with a decently well goalscoring and creative output and a Bale-esque pace. An 8,5 half years deal seems like a risky deal all things considered but it looks like Chelsea prioritised their books (as a way to spread the transfer fee amortization) over their, well, brains.

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
They're not paying the transfer fee over 8.5 years so FFP for this year should use the initial transfer fee whatever they've paid up front
Not how it works..
Players are considered as assets just like cars or laptops and written down over the period of their contact. The payment schedule only affects cashflow.

SinNombre

I think it was 1.5 billion that was promised with the takeover. Didn't think it'd all come at once!
Yes - over the next decade for both on and off the pitch.

You lot will be complaining when that stops fully in a couple of years.

JustKatie

I still can't get over eight and a half years. That's effectively his career. If he doesn't work out and wants to leave he's stuffed.

FFP dodging sure but it's an insane move.

Status
Not open for further replies.